Smoothcrete Inc.

Concrete Contractors
ON N0K

Reviews for Smoothcrete Inc.

JJ in Scarborough
JJ in Scarborough
1 review London, ON

Wouldn't fix it unless I paid more

He came to finish my floors. Seemed positive and friendly when quoting our job.
Ultimately not only did he fail to do a patch that was supposed to be done before staining, he applied stain over top of debris and drywall mud. In many places the finish scratches off with a thumb-nail.
The damage done far exceeds the price we paid as the only effective way to solve this is to grind off his finish to create a clean surface from which to start over again.
See Ontario Small claims court case SC-15-00000387-0000 in London Ontario.
We were able to get a settlement for $3000 which isn't close to our damages but we were not optimistic on collecting a larger amount.
Even then, it took him about 16 months to pay, which is why I am posting this so long after the event. Our settlement included a huge penalty and the right to also pursue the money from the proprietor personally had he not paid within the 16 months.

Terezinha Hignett in Waterloo
Terezinha Hignett in Waterloo
6 reviews Waterloo, ON

Decorative concrete floor installed in finished basement

Steve was a great salesman, but a poor tradesman. I was naive. Had I done my homework, I would have found other bad reviews on Better Business Bureau and Ripoff.com. I hired Smoothcrete to take out our water damaged parkay floor in the basement and install decorative concrete instead. Steve (owner) convinced us of a concrete type and design that would be easy to install. The job took about 3 days (he said it would take 2 at most) and he had to come back a 4th day to fix the following problems:
-Border lines weren't straight. He couldn't be bothered to use a ruler.
-Border colour wasn't consistent throughout the floor.
-Air/water bubbles everywhere. Concrete was not smooth/glossy.
-Main field colour wasn't even close to the brown he promised.
-Large yellow splotches everywhere.
-Sloppy workmanship - couldn't be bothered to put back the closet or the baseboard heater.

His customer service was terrible. He said this was my problem and at first refused to fix the huge issues he had left us with.

Please do your homework and do NOT call Smoothcrete for any residential or commercial jobs.

Looking for Concrete Contractors pros in West Perth?