Macklam's Chimney Cleaning & Repairs

Reviews for Macklam's Chimney Cleaning & Repairs

Dom Randall
Dom Randall

Chimney Sweep

A neighbor of mine recommended Macklam's for a chimney sweep. They are located in Toronto and we are in Mississauga, so we had to wait a bit for them do be doing jobs in our area. Once the appointment was set, they were here early which worked out great for us. The process took about 45 mins and we are satisfied with the work. Thanks Macklam's

Julee_1974 in Ajax
Julee_1974 in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Poor service and and an even worse response

I was repeatedly told that my service would occur at noon and would be finished by 1 p.m.. The representative was over an hour late. I had to leave for an appointment and when I went out to my car he was parked in my neighbour's driveway, and had got the address wrong! He didn't apologize but gave me excuses about other jobs he had to do that morning. When I asked why no one could've called me to inform me that he would be late, he said "that would be nice but we can't always do that."
When I mentioned that maybe it would be nice to be compensated for his lateness, he just laughed at me.
Late. No communication. Wrong address. Pretty sure I don't want this company doing work on my house.

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto

Chimney cleaning

We have been using this company for over 10 years. We moved houses and they moved with us.
They call me every year to ask me if I want their services. No pushy sales people... Just a simple yes or no.
The cleaner is very prompt with the appointment time and always does a thorough job.

Thanks Linda always happy to be of service.

Rosemary TO
Rosemary TO

Chimney cleaning

Prompt, efficient and knowledgeable service. We contacted Macklam's Chimney Cleaning after noticing some discolouration on the exterior of the chimney. They scheduled an appointment for 9am and the chimney cleaner showed up on time, inspected and cleaned the chimney and was done by 9:30. He was able to identify the reason of the stain (water damage from leaking eavestroughs) and assured us that repointing the bricks would take care of the problem. The cleaning was done efficiently with a minimum of ash dust falling outside the fireplace. Always very satisfied with Macklam's.

Tamara  from Toronto
Tamara from Toronto

Chimney cleaning

We have been using Macklam's for years and they are great: everything on time and clean and courteous. They are quick to respond to calls and have always been a pleasure to deal with.

Marlene from Markham
Marlene from Markham

Chimney cleaning

We have used this company for many many years. They promptly return calls, provide a confirmation call before they come for their appointment and will call you annually to see if you need their services and if you have not used your furnace very often then there is no pressure for them to come (no hard sell).

Looking for Fireplaces pros in Toronto?