OVMF

Reviews for OVMF

Chris in Ottawa
Chris in Ottawa

Floor refinishing and railings

It e team was able to accommodate our tight schedule and get started on the work immediately and was a treat to work with Bernie, Steve and the Herbie (sp?) at OVMF. Bernie was quick to reply to our request for a quote and get back to us immediately. Their prices were comparable to the other companies we received quotes from and Bernie gave a sense of professionalism from the start. Ththey were quick to finish the job. The refinished floors from our fixer upper of a house look brand new. As for the wonky-shaky railings our place came with, the team was able to quickly dispose of and re-install some nice new wooden railings promptly as the materials came in.

Thanks Bernie and team!

Thanks, great work

After a disaster with another company, Steve and Bernie Came in and completed the flooring job. They were on time, on budget and it looks great. Decent, honest men that you can trust in your home

Dissatisfied Customer in Ottawa in Ottawa
Dissatisfied Customer in Ottawa in Ottawa
1 review Limoges, ON

Awesome Flooring People

Just like the other reviews have said. I am very pleased with the look of our refinished hardwood floor and was really impressed with everyone I dealt with from OVMF.
Dealing with various contractors has left me very frustrated over the years....so it was nice to finally find Bernie and his team of solid, honest, reliable people.
I highly reccommend this company.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Refinishing hardwood floor and stairs

I am very pleased with the work done by Herbie, Cam, Steve and Bernie. They explained everything as they went , responded quickly and did a very satisfactory job. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to have their floors refinished.

Hardwood and laminate installation

I used the company services in two occasions. First they install hardwood floors in my home. It was very good quality job, so i decided to hire them for second project, the laminate installation. Both time i was completely satisfied. They work fast, clean, accurate and professional.

John in Ottawa
John in Ottawa
1 review , ON

Hardwoord Install

I don't often give reviews, but I'm learning that finding good contractors is more difficult than I imagined. We were looking to have roughly 800 sqft of hardwood installed to replace old carpets in a family room and two bedrooms. After going through three other hardwood installers that went no where, I contacted Bernie at OVMF based on their positive Homestars reviews. I'm so happy I did.

Bernie, Steve and their team were professional, prompt, honest and friendly. Their rates were very fair and the quality of their work and attention to detail showed in the beautifully finished floors. My wife and I are thrilled with the results and highly recommend OVMF. It was an excellent experience from beginning to end. Thanks Bernie.

Robert in Ottawa
Robert in Ottawa

Removal and installation of Enginneered Flooring

It is a pleasant task to recommend this company for several reasons, but particularly since the removal of the old flooring turned out to be rather challenging. It had been glued down with an adhesive that resisted removal by conventional methods. Bernie, Steve, and their crew spent several days working with "chippers" that still required a backbreaking effort. After removal and additional preparation of the surface, they installed the floating underlay and engineered flooring quickly and efficiently. They were under a tight timeline as our movers had been booked. They finished the job on time and on budget. We might add that we felt we were dealing with honest and reliable people. We wish them success at their new location.

finsburz in Mississauga
finsburz in Mississauga
1 review Braeside, ON

Great service and the finished floors look amazing!

We had an excellent experience with OVFM from start to finish. They removed old carpet and installed beautiful birch on our third floor (approx 400 sq ft). Communication was excellent (we made arrangements with them while out of town). They arrived on time every day and the project was finished exactly on time and budget as Bernie had quoted us. Very happy with the new floor and happy to recommend OVMF.

Michèle and Cathy, Ottawa
Michèle and Cathy, Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hardwood floors - staining and refinishing

Bernie, Steve and their crew came over this week to refinish my very worn hardwood floors. I found their company on Homestars and they came highly recommended from a good friend of mine. The results are great and the whole experience was excellent from start to finish. These guys are friendly, very knowledgeable about their craft and dependable. Bernie provided a detailed estimate and made a few suggestions before the work even began. Steve helped me pick the perfect colour for my floors. There was barely any dust after the floors were sanded due to their state of the art equipment. They left the place spotless. I highly recommend them.

James in Ottawa
James in Ottawa

Floor refinishing

I found OVMF on homestars.com. Bernie responded to my initial call almost immediately, and came to give a quote in about a week. They were flexible in setting up time for the job, and coordinated well with a painter who was also working in the house. They did a fantastic job refinishing my floors. They have high calibre modern machinery that does a fine job and creates minimal dust. Staff were professional, friendly, and courteous. I highly recommend OVMF.

More about OVMF

Ottawa Valley Hardwood Flooring provides new hardwood floor and engineering flooring installation throughout the Ottawa Valley.

We provide quality flooring specializing in hardwood flooring installation, hardwood floor repairs, as well as engineered hardwood floors including stairs and railings.

We can help you select and provide hardwood as well as install flooring you have selected.

We pride ourselves on offering very high quality hardwood flooring to the Ottawa area, and high quality hardwood flooring services at competitive rates.

Our rates are among the lowest in the area because of our low overhead costs. We are a family owned and operated company. Ottawa Valley Flooring brings years of experience to the table, as well as maintaining High Standards, Strong Work Ethics, Reliability, and High Quality.

Other services we provide: