Stone's Throw Masonry & Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers
TORONTO ON M4E2H7
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Toronto  >  Stone's Throw Masonry & Landscaping

Reviews for Stone's Throw Masonry & Landscaping

Avi
Avi

Interlock, brickwork and pond

As a general contractor, I've worked with John and his crew on several jobs. The work has always been impeccable. John has done bricklaying, interlock stone work and landscaping that customers have loved. He's willing to go above and beyond to satisfy customers. On one job I was stuck without a trade to build a deck. John went out of his way to build a beautiful deck that the customer was thrilled with. John has also done work on my own house. A beautiful pond that has continued to evolve over many years. The original construction has sustained the test of time, a true testament to Stones Throws quality of work.

Thanks Avi always a pleasure working with you and your team.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Kitchen Renovations

Thank you to Stone's Throw Masonry !!!
John has converted my f'ugly little kitchen to something i am now very proud of. My favorite item is the concrete counter top which John custom made for me! John was a real pleasure to work with; from problem solving issues of an old house, advising & choosing the right colors & materials, researching & sourcing all of the items.
Plan to have him back to tackle the laundry room next!!!

Front yard transformation

Stone's Throw Masonry completely transformed the front yard of my home with a tiered armour stone garden, new shrubs, interlocked walkway, new railings and a cedar garbage bin cupboard. The price was perfect, the work was completed on schedule and we couldn't be happier with the service and the craftsmanship. Thank you John for increasing the value of our home tenfold!

Thank you for your wonderful review it was a real treat to work with you!

Leslieviller in Scarborough
Leslieviller in Scarborough

Masonry and Landscaping

My wife and I are exceptionally pleased with John's professionalism, honesty and workmanship. This is a company and man I feel I can trust well into the future. Right off the bat, I'll say that even if the costs seem prohibitive, they make sense and you will be more than satisfied and happy with the final results.

We first contacted John to tackle our backyard and front yard, which were both in need of some solid work: we were hoping to replace flower beds, lay new grass and have low-maintenance plants replace the others.

Interestingly, when he arrived for a site inspection, he alerted us to the fact that our driveway and alleyway (cement) really needed some work - he recognized that water would be pooling in the winter and freezing. He was very observant about the damage already extant and was keen to point out that it would be a better investment to replace the cement, than tackle the yards at a later stage. The advice was spot on!

We ended up doing both the yards and the masonry and are really, really satisfied. He did a GREAT job and we are really thankful for his fulfilling everything we spoke about.

Rare to find a man of character, nowadays. He went beyond the call of duty with us and it has secured our trust in him for the future. Place your faith in him; he will not let you down!

Thank you for your honesty, we always have our clients best interest in mind when conducting on-site evaluations. Looking forward to future projects with you both.

Decal
Decal
8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Yard and patio landscaping

John and Justin were definitely the best of all the landscapers we interviewed. Unfortunately this isn't a reflection on their work but rather the quality of landscaping contractors in Toronto. They were also the most expensive, something I accepted with John's promises of quality.

He comes across well, and we had high expectations. The attention to detail and small items that make a job a '10' were missing though. I had to check and double-check every aspect of the job which, though small in area, was working within very specific limits imposed by water drainage, tree roots, grading, etc. In other words all the things that a good landscaper would usually take into account. All of these I had outlined prior to their starting the job. Because of my involvement it turned out ok, but my advice would be to educate yourself and watch the work carefully.

My second complaint was the lack of follow up. The small amount of lawn that we had them put in turned out poorly, with lumps and divots everywhere. Most of the sod died. The metal brackets used to contain the patio stones lifted after one winter. I had to chase them down to come back and fix this, and when they did it was a perfunctory job that didn't address the problem. After many failed promises of their return I ended up fixing it myself. So my second piece of advice is not to pay the job in full until you're completely satisfied.

We are sad to hear your negative feelings towards the overall project. We do enjoy thinking outside the box to solve unique issues on site and feel the solutions are always improved with feedback from our clients, you were a great addition to our team!
Our policy is to ensure that sod is always fresh before installation and only use professional growers however our warranty does not cover sod once the project is completed do to many factors, we do value costumer service and did top dress the sod long after the project was completed perhaps a lawn maintenance contract would better address the problem. We do appreciate your opinions and have implemented new procedures based on your feedback.

P Khan from Etobicoke
P Khan from Etobicoke

Replace front walkway and porch

Wood porch removed and original concrete one resurfaced with masonry & old interlocking walk replaced with same. John and his staff were honest, no hidden cost, timely, no sales games or hassles and beautiful quality results.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy to post a review! It was a pleasure working with you and we will see you later this year for phase two.

Robert Spence from Toronto
Robert Spence from Toronto

Fence and Patio

We gave Stone's Throw an outline of what we wanted and they delivered. The end result was very clean and precise. John is professional yet personable and was able to listen to our requests then crystallize ideas into a streamlined game-plan.
Quality of the work is A-1 and we're very happy with the overall workmanship and cost. Would certainly recommend them to friends...

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your opinions. It was a pleasure working with you guys. Enjoy the rest of your summer by the pool!

Naushad from Pickering
Naushad from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Walkway and Landing Replacement, Brick Repair and Landscaping

We selected Stone Throw upon reading their previous reviews. They did not disappoint. John and Justin are friendly, polite, professional and accommodating. They answer all your questions and are willing to make adjustments to the job on the fly. They did an amazing job of my front and back yard. They communicate well and get back to you if you have any concerns or questions, even after the job is complete. For example, some of the light bulbs fused in our garden and John came back after a few days and replaced all the bulbs, great customer service!
I would definitely recommend Stone Throw Masonry to everyone. You know that the job will be done right the first time.

Emma in Toronto
Emma in Toronto

Fence, Gate, Stone Patio, Stairs

We chose Stone's Throw after seeing the work they did at our neighbour's house. They were polite, clean, and the work looked great. We were not disappointed when we selected them to update our backyard. Right from the first meeting to the end of the project, the team was friendly, honest, and very courteous of our property and our neighbours'. Despite a period of terrible weather, the team worked hard to make up lost time and finished within the estimated schedule. John has great communication skills, and was easily accessible before and during the job for questions and advice on products, look, function, etc. He even dropped off a couple stone samples to save us a trip to the yard. It looks amazing, and we get regular compliments. Thank you John and team!

More about Stone's Throw Masonry & Landscaping

Stones Throw Masonry & Landscaping prides its self on out of the box and creative solutions to all your Masonry and Landscaping needs.

Design
Design is the foundation of a great landscaping project and we pride ourselves in innovative designs that reflect the character of your space.

Build
We guide you through our build process while providing top quality craftsmanship, excellent customer service and attention to detail. We believe in using the best quality materials on the market.

Live
You can count on satisfaction with our 1 year warranty. We are a fully insured company dedicated to providing outstanding service to all our customers – on budget and on time.

Our Services Include: Landscaping, Masonry, Interlocking, Brick & Stone Restoration, Flagstone, Ponds, Water Features & Waterfalls, Foundation Repair, Natural Stone Retaining Walls, Parking Pads, Cultured Stone and Patios.

Your home solution is just a "Stone's Throw Away".