Floor Retailers

Barb in Toronto
Barb in Toronto
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Refinish existing hardwood floors

They were professional, courteous and clean. I was skeptical about doing this and were very helpful and patient with my decision making... never pushy. Helped me choose the perfect colour! I absolutely LOVE my new floor! Best thing I ever did!

1 review Brossard, QC

Flooring issue

Our experience at Rowan Flooring was extremely poor. Upon beginning installation of our hardwood floors, we noticed that there were large gaps between the planks which should not be there. A rep came to see the problem and determined that there was in fact a batch error. Rowan Flooring took back $2000 worth of flooring from us, and explained that they would refund this money back to us. It is now over TWO months and we have yet to see this money returned. We have called numerous times and our phone calls are ignored. This is absolutely terrible customer service for a company that has been in business for over 30 years, and boasts about joining the 'Rowan Family Tree'. We purchased over $20,000 worth of hardwood flooring and they can't even refund us back $2000 for an error that came from their end.

Susie in Newmarket
Susie in Newmarket

Hardwood Flooring and Staircase

The staff at Rowan were a pleasure to work with. I am very pleased with the quality of the hardwood flooring I purchased as well as the workmanship of the installation of both my stairs and flooring.

The project was started and completed on schedule.

I would highly recommend this company and would use them again for future projects.

Mary Lou in Newmarket
Mary Lou in Newmarket
1 review Aurora, ON

Impossible Condo redo

NEWMARKET
L3Y6Z3

I contracted Rowan Hardwood Floors last year to replace the engineered hardwood in my condo. They were so patient with me, taking the samples home and deliberating non stop on colour and style. We finally came to the conclusion that I should go with the same product that another one of my family members had, only in the hardwood version. I could not be more pleased. The installers, 2 very nice men had a really hard job ahead of them. They had to rip out the existing flooring and replace with new all the while my furniture and fixtures were in place. The whole job was done in 2 days and I love the floor. I would never hesitate in recommending them. Well worth the money!!

New Hardwood Floors

Terrible experience with Rowan Hardwood Floors. Our experience started after the deal was closed with the sales person. We were setup to start on a Monday, when no one arrived I contacted them to find out what was happening, they told me that their installer hurt his arm and would arrive tomorrow instead. We waited til the next day and same thing, no one showed up, we then phoned again and were told they were on a job and couldn’t make it til the next day. Luckily they finally showed up on the third day to start. I must admit, once the installers arrived the job started off on good terms but quickly went downhill. It wasn’t until the following week that the installers started to cut corners and put the work on our shoulders. We were paying full price (no price negotiations except for 2% discount for cheque payment), we were paying for our original baseboards to be installed, shoe molds and doors to be re installed. We paid extra to have the job professionally done from start to finish by their installers. Around the last day of the install, the installers said they did not want to install the baseboards/shoe molds or re install the bi fold doors and walked off the job without completing the work that was stated in the contact. This came as a shock to us as we were paying for it in our contract, We decided that it was not worth it to beg the installers to come back and do the work and at this point in time NO ONE at Rowan was returning our phone calls or offering any support to us and we had to hire a contractor to install the baseboards/shoe molds and doors (as well as uncompleted trim) to complete the project. What came as the biggest shock to me was coming home every night to find out that the installers were brining all their saws inside the house and cutting the hardwood and new subfloor on the brand new hardwood floors. I couldn’t believe that a company would allow someone to cut wood on a $15,000 brand new hardwood floor, I confronted the lead installer regarding the saw and the dust that was being created in the house and that I did not want them to cut inside, his reply was that if I was saying this he would gladly walk off the job. At this point I contacted Rowan and received no response from them. In addition to this the installers wouldn’t even vacuum or sweep up the sawdust, my family was expected to vacuum and sweep the sawdust up for them. The installers incorrectly installed our stair nose and I have been fighting with Rowan to repair this since the Beginning of January. This leads me to my next issue, after placing multiple calls to Rowan and getting absolutely no response or assistance from the owner or his staff during the project. I decided that due to the massive clean up and incorrectly installed stair nose I would hold back 10% until the repair was made. Guess this was the wrong move, as I was quickly notified that Rowan was putting a lien on my property. Wow, I guess there is really a business out there that can scare you into paying for work that hasn’t been completed and having no intention of actually fixing the issue or working with their clients. Rowan Hardwood Floors says one thing and then never backs it up with customer support, I am just waiting to see if I have any problems with the floors as they were left in their van in the damp weather and brought in to the house as needed. Their customer service is horrible and you feel it when you walk in the front door. I do not recommend this business and can be contacted at 289-380-1570 if anyone has similar complaints or needs more details about what we were put through by Rowan.

kitchen and living room

Sale person was good after order placed they went downhill quickly no calls were returned back to me on the order after 4-5 weeks I called them to and asked about the order the person said your order has been here for awhile only missing the vents after 4 days I called back again said they just arrived? asked to have my order sent out 2 days later still no material or phone call from them. There service is terrible imagine if I had a real problem with there product, will be the last time I ever purchase from them. Went down 3 days later and picked up order had to wait 1:30 minutes for them to get a fork truck operator as order was buried under 3 pallets of wood.

Mary G in Newmarket
Mary G in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Staircase and hardwood flooring renovation

NEWMARKET
L3Y6Z3

We had finally decided to renovate the second floor and staircase from carpet to hardwood. After months of searching for the right company, a designer friend – Susan Crema Martin (Martin Designs) - recommended Rowan Hardwood Floors of Newmarket, Ontario. From the moment we walked into the showroom and were pleasantly greeted by Laurette, we knew we had found what we were looking for. After patiently listening to all of my requests and showing us pictures of what she understood to be our wishes, we hired them to do our renovation. Richard and Kathy who installed and performed the finishing touches on the staircase/railing made my dreams come true! It was exactly what I was looking for! The hardwood flooring installers were very professional and did a wonderful job! From the moment we dealt with Derrick in scheduling the renovation and whenever I had a question or concern, he was quick to respond and solve the matter to our complete satisfaction. We will be installing hardwood on our main floor next year and will definitely go back to Rowan Hardwood. We would highly recommend this company to anyone considering new floors or hardwood stair renovation. Thank you to all the staff at Rowan Hardwood!
Mike and Mary,

Irma Lemyre from Newmarket
Irma Lemyre from Newmarket
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Replacement of flooring

Rowan Hardwood Flooring installed new hardwood flooring in our home on Monday September 14, 2015. The installers arrived on time, inspected the area to be done and completed the job within one day.
The workmanship was excellent, particularly where the hardwood met the tiles in the kitchen and hall. The fireplace was neatly trimmed and the stairs leading to the basement the basement neatly finished and trimmed. No detail left out. The overall affect is amazing. The living area seemed larger and added a richness to the house much superior to the previous carpet. Cleanup was completed with no carpet left behind.
We would recommend this company to an propective buyer.
Irma and Don. Aurora, Ontario