HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Absolutely Affordable Home Improvements GARAGE BUILDERS

Reviews for Absolutely Affordable Home Improvements GARAGE BUILDERS

James C.
James C.

Demo and Build New Garage

late in the 2017 building season I called up Garage Builders for a quote - Reg came out the next day and we went over several scenarios for the demo of an existing single car garage and pad and building a new one - Reg knows the Calgary bylaws very well and was able to spec out the largest garage that we could put on that lot and still be in conformance with city bylaws. After several discussion, we settled on a design and deposit paid. There were a few weather delays but generally everything went well - overall build quality is good and everything that I had asked for was delivered as promised. During the build, there were a few additions (removal of chain link fence, new wood fence etc) that were easily accommodated by Reg and his team.
Reg and Glenn are busy, so it took awhile for them to address a small problem with the siding, but in the end, everything was taken care of. These guys are basically a no BS company, did not try and upsell anything, knew their business and laid out exactly what I would/wouldn't get -

again thanks for your kind words as they are so few and far between in todays society

Sandra in Calgary
Sandra in Calgary

Demo old Garage and Build a New Garage

I called Absolutely Affordable Home Improvements GARAGE BUILDERS, Glenn came out that same week, gave me a quote to remove my old garage, asphalt driveway, concrete pad & step and prepared an area in the back for a new 22 x 24 garage.

Schedule was set, the work got started … Bada Bing Bada Boom two weeks later the old garage was gone and new one up. Amazing! It was so organized. This was not a small project in my eyes and it scared me a bit to take it on.

Glenn, Reg and Michael you were a pleasure to have working on this project. Those two weeks were HOT and you sweat your butts off. You went above and beyond the contract. You put up with family and neighbors hanging around watching AND the advice and help with land scraping...so much appreciated.

I am thrilled with the results, I love my garage and yard.
Thank you so very much.
Sandra

Well thank you very much
It was a big job and it turned out quite well along with your sweat equity you have a state of the art house now
I know your nieghbors were quite impressed with your vision and it turned out great
Enjoy
Reg & Glenn

Scott in
Scott in
1 review , AB

Garage build

These guys just completed my garage and I am very happy with the level of service and professionalism they provided. I would definitely use them again for all of my home Reno needs.

Thank you Scott. I'm glad your enjoying your new space and looking forward to working with you in the future. Thanks Reg

Fred Miller in Calgary
Fred Miller in Calgary

Old garage demolition and new garage build.

Glenn and his team did an excellent job of removing our old garage and building our new garage. Glenn provided expert knowledge and experience recommending and providing a garage design with the demenions, and features we requested. The garage builders took care of all the building permits, and scheduled the cement work only during fair weather to ensure quality foundation and concrete pad, which had radiant heat conduit PVC piping. They provided excellent specialist Sub contractors and quality workmanship. I would recommend Glenn and the Garage Builders to anyone.

Thanks Fred
It's not every garage we do with the creativity you supplied and let us run with an expanded budget so we could get everything you wanted
We know you will enjoy your new space and thanks for choosing us on your project
Glenn & Reg

Mike & Terry in Calgary
Mike & Terry in Calgary

Garage

In late August 2016 we decided we wanted a garage built. We called several companies with only a few showing interest as the building season was getting late. Reg came out prepared and gave us a written estimate on the spot. He gave us some interesting suggestions about how to incorporate a 24 X 26 garage with an 18 foot overhead door and with a 3 foot wall and a walkway which means no indoor space in the garage was sacrificed for a landing and stairs. After we signed the contract, he was able to begin the project a few days later. The garage was completed within the
timelines specified and we've spent the winter enjoying our new garage!
Reg was great to work with and we would recommend him.

Thanks Mike and Terry.

We had a pleasure working with you on your garage. I'm glad we could get you the garage you wanted and not have to compromise on the size.

Thank you and we hope you enjoy your garage for years to come.
Reg

Jamie in Calgary
Jamie in Calgary

Garage, Fences, Landscaping, Poured Concrete patio...

My husband and I were searching for a company that could build a garage, poured concrete patio, landscaping, grass, fences, etc for a new build in Mahogany. We spoke with several different companies and contractors but Reg from Garage Builders was the winner by a large margin.

We had Garage builders build a 22x22 insulated, heated garage on a preexisting pad. They also poured a large exposed concrete aggregate pad for a hottub, patio and two walkways. We did concrete edging for two flower beds and a tree ring. They also did the grass - which I may add is much lusher and greener than the majority of our neighbors. We also had custom cedar steps built for the hottub and back door. They took care of all the permits, inspections, clean up, etc. The color matching to our home was perfect.

We could not be happier with our final product! Garage builders is a professional, efficient and honest company that goes above and beyond for the customer. All the sub trades and employees that were needed were also respectful and did great quality work at an affordable price. I have used the electrician, Bob, already for a different project and he continued to provide the same quality of work that Garage Builders expected of him.

The owners of the company, Reg and Glenn, were onsite frequently working and kept us up to date on the progress of everything. They were very accommodating for changes we made throughout the process. They were especially respectful of our pets as well which was just an added bonus. We had a large party planned for the end of the summer, and as promised, everything was completed on time. This was a wet, awful summer for construction so the fact that they were on time speaks a lot to the efforts they put in to ensure we were happy with everything.

We were so impressed with the company that we actually just hired them to do our basement development and several other projects throughout the entire house. I trust them to complete a high quality job that meets, or as has previously been the case, exceeds our standards.

I have happily referred several friends and family to this company for their building, landscaping and renovation needs and will continue to do so. I know exactly who to call if we need anything else done! I cannot wait to see the house renos - I am confident they will be everything we dreamed and more.

Wow!! Thank you for such an amazing write up. We were very pleasured after completing your landscaping and garage project, and allowing us to renovate your entire house.

You should enjoy all of your new space and I'm sure that your little puppies enjoy there new spot too.

Thanks again

Jim Jones in Calgary
Jim Jones in Calgary

Garage Build

I was searching for a company to build a garage for me and through word of mouth from some people at work, they highly recommended AAHI - The Garage Builders. After some research online through Homestars, my decision was pretty much made for me. The Guys at AAHI had such high ratings and satisfaction results, I had to give them a call. After meeting with Glenn and receiving a detailed estimate and payment schedule for the 22' x 24' garage package I was after, I quickly signed up for their services and the project was underway. I am incredibly happy with the quality and expedient service that was provided during the build. Glenn, Reg and their professional team of builders were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend anyone looking to build a garage to call AAHI first. 10 prominent stars for these guys and the excellent work they provide!

Well thanks Jim . It was a pleasure to work with you on this project
I know it was at our cutoff point of the year but the weather was great and we completed in less than 3 weeks which was great for both of us
I know you were quite happy with the product and will for years to come
All the best

Erin Legacy  in Prince George
Erin Legacy in Prince George

Garage

I recently built my first home, without knowledge or experience in the process. I spent 300 days second guess every choice I made with most outcomes being complete disappointment. Until it became time to build one of my final projects , my garage. I spoke with 7 different companies all promising me the garage of my dreams. The 7 th being Calgarys Garge Builders. After a few emails back and forth with Reg they were quick and easy to set up an appointment to meet with me during a time that was convenient for me even! Glenn came to do my estimate and was extremely patient and covered everything! He truly wanted to make sure I understood the process even more then making the sale! I knew within the first 5 minutes that these were the guys I needed! Unforeseen circumstances came about and I was in a bind. The amount of compassion and understanding I received from every single person I met during the garage building process was over whelming and more appreciated then I think they know. These guys know their stuff. They are amazing respectable people who go above and beyond to ensure us the customers are well taken care of. If I could build another 6 garages with these guys I would! I'm truly going miss having you guys right out back!

Thanks for every thing you have done you have made many things less painful!

Thanks Erin
We appreciate every thing you have said in your testimonial above
We know that when something happens as it did money or a garage is not important
It was a pleasure dealing with both you and your mom and we hope that your patience over this time has paid off for you
At least when you look at your garage out your window it will give you a great memory of what you and your mom did together
Thanks again.... Glenn

JasonL in Calgary
JasonL in Calgary

Excellent garage!!!

I am really happy we chose to go with garage builders. These guys know what they're doing! We did our due diligence and got multiple quotes. Something just felt off about almost all of them.
We met with Glenn and just had a really good feeling. Although the quote was a little higher than the others, there is no garbage finishing's here. No corners cut, and I'm confident in saying this garage will outlast my home. What he quoted is what we paid. No "hidden costs"
We have security camera's setup around the house and we had the advantage of seeing a lot of the work done. These guy's know their trades and are extremely meticulous. Even with the horrible weather we had through July and most of August they managed to stay on track. The roofers even showed up on holiday Monday just to catch up. And what a job they did! They were even joking with the kids through window. They didn't seem to mind them bugging them at all.
Everyone involved was just fantastic to work with. My daughter was home most of the time and everyone was just great with her! They all really made her feel like she was part of the process. Bob from Edison Electric, on the day he was here to run the electric it was bloody cold, and just torrential downpours. That didn't affect his disposition one bit. He even had our Daughter walk around with him and showed her how to test the plugs.
All around great guys who do amazing work! A huge thank you to all of you. My garage is nicer than my home! If you're looking to have a quality unit built, these are the folks to do it. I will definitely be utilizing their services in the future!

I know you took a risk with our quote being higher than the kijiji companies
We know are materials are of higher quality and do cost more but in the end the difference is immeasurable
You will have your garage for a long time to come and in time you will notice how the garage will stand the test of time , not just a couple of years before your into it for costly repairs
As it is in most cases
Thank you for your trust in our company

Kara  in Calgary
Kara in Calgary

Garage

I was referred to Reg by a couple neighbors who had absolutely beautiful garages. They spoke so highly of him and had not one complaint. So we picked him and garage builders to do our garage. When we first met him, he really took the time to go over things with me. He is so easy to talk to and ask questions to. He kept me informed every step of the way and really cares about what he does. It shows in his work. They warranty they carry also backs up their amazing work. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone building a garage. We absolutely love ours!!

Another happy customer..... That's GREAT!!

More about Absolutely Affordable Home Improvements GARAGE BUILDERS

Absolutely Affordable Home Improvements is a family owned and operated business. We take lots of pride in our work and are committed to producing high quality work, no matter how big or small the job.
Check us out! Call for a free estimate and find out for yourself how Absolutely Affordable we can make your custom garage. Garage Builders Calgary.