Siding
City Wide Roofing

Reviews for City Wide Roofing

Steven in Toronto
Steven in Toronto

Tom and his team did an outstanding job. We got about 6 quotes for our roof and City Wide Roofing had both a very reasonable price and great online reviews. We found Tom very easy to work with - he is very responsive and reliable. One thing that stood out the most to us was the fact that they started the 2 day project during the day on August 7th and we didn’t see any leaking or other issues when the massive rain storm hit Toronto later that night. I will be recommending City Wide to my friends, family and coworkers.

patkitchen in Toronto
patkitchen in Toronto

Absolute Nightmare, Complete Redo.

BEWARE
CityWide did not complete the terms of the contract. Work was left unfinished and CityWide refuses to complete the work. They took our money, but they're refusing to finish the job. The work that was completed was done poorly, and needs to be completely redone.

I hired City Wide roofing to redo the roof at my townhouse complex. The shingles weren't installed properly, now I can't even get a manufacturer warranty. They quoted Ice and Watershield but only installed half of what was on the contract. They didn't use enough nails per shingle, didn't put nails through the nail line. Shingles fly off during windstorms. They can't follow basic manufacturer instructions. Now after only TWO YEARS I've got to replace my whole roof because CityWide is incompetent.

When I complained to CityWide, I had the owner (Tom) Screaming at me saying that things included in the contract "aren't required" and he's "not doing it". BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Tom/CityWide took FIFTY EIGHT DAYS to come out and replace missing shingles, we had ceiling leaks because of this.

Detailed report on their work:

English Glaswegian
English Glaswegian

Pitched roof and two flat roof replacement

The City Wide team did an excellent job on our roof, going the extra mile to pay attention to the details.

One of the flat roofs they replaced was last done by one of the "big two" roofing companies in the city and the quality from City Wide was as good as or better to my untrained eye. This was confirmed by another contractor we had work on the house shortly after.

There was a small delay due to weather but Tom also kept us well informed of what was going on and always responded to any questions we had.

Michelle M from Scarborough
Michelle M from Scarborough

New roof

I highly recommend City wide roofing, the price was the best if 3 quotes. Tom came to see me on a Thursday and the following Monday I had a new roof. His workers cleaned around my property once they finished and not a nail could be found. I also want to thank Tom for helping me make my mind up on the color of shingle. Amazing job.
Dave & Michelle M

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Merry Christmas :)

Matt Paananen from Toronto
Matt Paananen from Toronto

Reshingling Roof

We found Aaron and City Wide Roofing on Homestars and we could not be happier with our experience from start to finish. Their rates are very competitive AND Aaron and his crew are friendly, tidy, courteous and professional. The new roof looks great and came with a warranty. I will definitely recommend them to everyone I know!

Thank you Matt we really appreciate your review.

Denise in Vancouver
Denise in Vancouver

Roof Replacement

Scarborough - We just had our roof replaced. Tom gave us a fair quote and the work was scheduled the same week once we gave him the go ahead.
He assured us they do not sub-contract which was important to us.
Frank (the supervisor) and his team were a happy crew, answered all my questions, worked steadily throughout the day and cleaned up all the mess at the end.
We now have a new roof and are quite pleased. Hopefully, it will wear well! We happily recommend City Wide Roofing.

Thank you very much Denise we appreciate your review.

Alice & Rodney H. in Thornhill
Alice & Rodney H. in Thornhill

Remedial Roof Repair

The quote was given. A date was set for commencement of work. Workers arrived early. They worked steadily. 5 to 6 people. Foreman was very attentive. The job site was left very clean. We trust this repair will give us satisfaction for many years.

Thank you for your review, we really appreciated it.

Flat Roof and Shingles

Flat roof was pooling from bad job done 5 years ago. Called a few roofing companies. A couple of them suggested a rebuild of the roof. Tom was prompt and provided a fair, honest and clever solution to our pooling issue. estimate the the same day. (Alpine roofing was also called and sent a representative without us being informed. We found the quote in our mail box). The team was as professional as they come. Prompt, on time, cleaned up and did a great job. Tom is very easy to talk to and work with as was his crew. This company has integrity. I would recommend and hire again.

Thank you very much for a great review.

flat roof and shingles

it was early winter when I noticed a leak in my flat roof. I contacted several companies, received a range of quotes as well as approached. Some recommended patch job, some quoted me huge sums and others simply said flat roofs can't be done at this time of year - not helpful when you have an existing leak! City Wide gave me a reasonable quote, went up on the roof to examine (Alpine didn't bother) and showed up promptly the next week before the cold and snow set in. One of the workers I found receiving himself on the side of my house! Very upset and he was fired by owner. The shingled roof was done in conduction with my neighbour, a different crew and the work all went smoothly. Looks great too. And no leaks over winter or this spring which is what is most important.

We really appreciate your review, thank you for taking the time.

C. Ricker in Toronto
C. Ricker in Toronto

Flat roof

City Wide initially replaced nails with the proper screws to secure our roof’s flashing. Once the work was completed, we asked for a flat roof estimate. It was reasonable—between two others we’d received the previous year. Aron, the owner, was very thorough in his description of what he would do and described the type of insurance and training provided. The work began on the date promised, and the workers were terrific: friendly, competent (my husband watched some of the job closely) . They there all day until about 8:30 pm and back the next morning to complete the job. They did a great clean up as well--no nails left in the walkway between houses. It didn’t take months to arrange the appointment either! And they provided some valuable advice on our plumbing stack and the one next door, for which they would receive no compensation. Thanks, group, and for hiring women workers as well! Right on.

Thank you very much we appreciate your review.

More about City Wide Roofing

****Celebrating 40 Years in Business*****
Looking for Siding pros in Toronto?