This contractor was hired to perform a major renovation on our house. Here are some examples of the work that has not been completed and mistakes that were made:
- Not passing a safety inspection before closing the walls. An inspector came and they failed the inspection, then closed the walls anyways. Our permit is still open.
- Not finishing the HVAC return on the second floor. There are vents on the second floor that go to nowhere.
- Not installing air conditioning that we paid for.
- Not returning for any of the items on the deficiency list.
- Tiling in powder room is crooked and provides a distinct sense of vertigo to all users
- Light fixtures not properly aligned in many locations
- No sanding before painting
This is only the tip of the iceberg of the problems with the renovation that was attempted by Kilbarry Hill. We have attempted to contact Kilbarry Hill on multiple occasions to ask then to finish and correct their work and they've vanished and won't return calls or emails. When we attempted to contact any of the subcontractors the subcontractors initially appeared receptive to helping us and then quickly ceased constructive communication after speaking with Kilbarry.
They were paid in advance and have cashed their cheques and left without finishing their job. Their initial quote was also higher than other contractors!
I do not recommend this contractor even if they are the last one left on Earth.