Cabana Landscaping

HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Richmond Hill  >  Cabana Landscaping

Reviews for Cabana Landscaping

Michael from Vaughan
2 reviews Woodbridge, ON

I took a gamble with Cabana Landscaping as I found their ad on Kijiji. With there being nearly a billion landscaping companies in the GTA I wasn't sure what I was going to get. I called Jaren up and he immediately alleviated any doubt in my mind that he was a fly by night operation.

We scheduled a site visit to take a look at the scope of work. Jaren was punctual and a pleasure to deal with. He took the time to answer my sea of questions and to educate me on the sodding process. Jaren was even kind enough to visit my house twice before getting the go ahead to start work. He scheduled me in to get the job done ASAP.

On the work day, he and his crew showed up early, which is really rare these days. After Jaren reviewed the scope of work yet again with me, and tweaked a few changes, his crew got right to work. My downspout was rerouted into a weeping tile across my lawn and fence boards were placed up against my fence to prevent any dirt from spilling onto my neighbour's properties. Then began the weed removal process, followed by grading with premium soil, and before I knew it, the new sod was in and rolled with a roller. They completed the backyard and side boulevard at my home in about 6 hours, which I believe is really quick. When I arrived back to inspect the job, the yard was spotless and everything was cleaned up. The job was done perfectly and everything I asked for had been completed. Jaren explained why he graded the yard in such a way to promote the proper drainage and pointed out a few other details that were very educational.

This was one of the few times in my life where I hired a company to do a task and actually felt like I got my money's worth and more. Would I hire Cabana Landscaping for future projects; in a heart beat. I will definitely give Jaren a call when we decide to start landscaping other areas of my house. Do not hesitate to give these guys a call for your landscaping needs. I am a very detail oriented guy and as picky as I am, I was not disappointed. To give you an idea of how meticulous about his work he is, Jaren even took the time to make sure that the grey manufacturer's printing on the 4" white PVC pipe used to drop my downspout underground, was against the house wall so no one would see it. You just don't get this these days!!!

In Markham

I contacted Jaren to landscape my whole front yard and side strip. I had NO idea of how my front should look so I left it to his creativity. Jaren provided a CAD design and a reasonable quote, which was well within my budget. We adjusted the design slightly but overall very please with it. I asked for specific plants and he was able to incorporated in the design. Jaren and his staff were friendly and professional at all times. He answered all my questions and emails. When I appeared nervous about the size of the natural stones, he reassured me that the it would come together. Once the job was completed, our neighbours rave on how he did an amazing job. We were very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend this company to all our friends, family and co workers.

Lana  from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

My husband and I purchased & closed on our first house during the "polar vortex" winter. As a result we didn't know what laid underneath all the snow in our backyard. After the snow melted we found a disaster... We had uneven ground covered in mud, moss & weeds. I met Jaren on a Saturday morning for an estimate regarding a backyard makeover - grading, topsoil, sod & a little rock garden. His quote was reasonable and on par with with 2 other landscapers I met. However, Jaren was enthusiastic and eager to get the job done ASAP which was what we wanted. We hired him and he was at our house the following Wednesday. He completed the entire job in less than 6 hours. His work was meticulous and very well done. He has a professional and pleasant manner and an excellent work ethic. I would definitely recommend Cabana Landscaping to friends. My husband and I are very pleased with the end result and, most importantly, my 2 year old daughter now has a safe and fun place to play. Many thanks Jaren!

Tina from Markham

For anyone reading this review, don’t hesitate to hire Cabana Landscaping. The owner, Jaren, was very professional, courteous and honest. I was in a great hurry to have my backyard overhauled before the ground froze. I didn’t want to wait until Spring. I needed the old grass removed, weeping tile installed to solve drainage issues, interlocking stones and stone step, armor stones, re-grade the entire backyard and install new grass. I wanted all this done quick and within a small budget. I didn’t think it was possible. Jaren assured me that he could get the job done. He started the work on October 30th and finished on November 6th, but we only had 3 dry days. Jaren had to bring in extra help to get the job done, he also had to order so much more soil than originally anticipated, but did not charge me more. He stayed within my budget. I’m not sure who’s prouder of this job, me or Jaren. It was too late in the season to plant anything behind the armor stone wall, and Jaren has a vision for how it should look. I would definitely hire Jaren again.

Simba

We hired this company to pick up plants and trees from the nursery that we had purchased and to plant all items in our garden. We gave him an itemized list of all items that we had purchased. When we noticed that two of the items were not in the garden, we asked Jaren about this. He said that he needed to charge us extra money if to go back to the nursery for further pick up. We felt this extra charge was unfair as we had given him an itemized list in advance for the purpose of ensuring that the order for pick up was complete. We ended up paying the extra charge. I was a bit surprised to see that some of the plants were dropped into the hole and not sufficiently covered with the soil, with burlap still wrapped around the stem. I spent two hours unwrapping the burlap, covering the roots with soil and making sure that there was sufficient water. I didn't expect that I would have to do this as I thought this would have been taken care of. Jaren is an enthusiastic entrepreneur and I would have given him a higher rating on Home Stars if not for these issues.

Review has 1 previous version

I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the work. As always with all my customers I stand behind my work so if there are any concerns you have with my work, I will fix them immediately. You can call me directly anytime at (416) 859-6779

K. Frances in Toronto
3 reviews TORONTO, ON

Both my neighbours house and mine have downspouts that pour into a lawn swale. This killed the grass and left large areas of soggy mess around our foundations. We had Cabana install a weeping tile and cover the area with gravel. This has helped to push the water away from the houses and help improve the drainage in this area. We were very pleased with the quality of the materials and their helpful suggestions. We look forward to working with them on other projects in the future.

Elena I. from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Our property sits in the lower part of the block and it was always a problem with excess of water accumulating there in Spring as well as when it was raining. The soil is a heavy clay and the huge paddle would stay there for months in the Spring. We were looking for the local business to help us fix the drainage issues.
Jaren was very professional. He assessed the area and provided a workable solution. He also suggested to connect one of our water spouts to the drainage system. When the soil was ready to dug up the crew came and finished all the job in 3 days. On the second day, when we suggested to add one more trench about 6-7 feet long, Jaren was very open and agreed to it with no issue. The experience was great!
We had only a very minor issue at the end, when the container with the soil was removed from our grass. It has left some damage and we also had to power wash the parking lot from the sticky clay residue.
Also I would like to add that the drainage was tested many times this year as we had tons of rain during this summer. It works great - a lot of water comes out of it. Thank you Jaren and crew very much for such a great work!

will from markham

Cabana Landscaping with Jaren was very professional, honest and a pleasure to work with. The project
was to take a completely out-of-control front/backyard and overhaul it with new sod and add an interlocking stone patio.
Once the project got started, Jaren, Steve and his team did an amazing job and were extremely hard working and completed it
within a reasonable budget and in a timely fashion together with accomodating any minor scope changes.
I could see their expertise in understanding the restructuring of the land topology for drainage and
the foundation with base layers used to support the stone patio (it's incredible the amount of material that gets
trekked in and out of the place and the effort/dedication that goes into it).
For the front patio there was some minor rework required and Jaren/Steve did not hesitate to ensure that it looked perfect.
It is difficult to find a good/reliable contractor these days with good communications skills, and Cabana Landscaping went beyond
what was expected in terms of work and results. I would like to thank them again, and would definitely
endorse/use Cabana/Jaren again for any future projects.

corey in Thornhill
4 reviews Thornhill, ON

I cannot say enough good things about Jaren and Cabana Landscaping. I had hired Cabana to repair a drainage issue that I had in my yard and then install a garden to surround my pool. Jaren was one of the easiest contractors i have ever dealt with, he stayed within budget and delivered as promised. He was so accommodating and always replied to my calls or emails. I have now hired Cabana for my weekly lawn service and so have a bunch of my neighbors. I can say without hesitation that Jaren and his crew are the best around.

BG Foster in North York
5 reviews North York, ON

Craig and Jaren were great to work with. They both took the time to assess the situation and suggest a solution that works for my yard and fits in budget. They have the right tools for the job and take the time to do things right. They are very fair and reasonable to work with, when it comes to changes, extras, or working through any misunderstandings. I would have them back to do another project anytime and will continue to recommend them to my friends.

More about Cabana Landscaping

Interlock/ Stonework Lawn Cutting Landscape Design Drainage Solutions Sod Installation/ Repair Garden Bed Construction/ Maintenance De-Thatching/ Aeration Fertilization/ Grub Control Landscape Lighting Spring/ Fall Clean-Up Mulching Snow and Ice Control