J & R Aluminum

Gutters & Eavestroughs
ETOBICOKE ON M8Y3B3

Reviews for J & R Aluminum

Miki in Toronto

Recently moved into our home which needed some TLC for various things. Contacted Rob Sowa who came to our place twice and provided a very reasonable and competitive quote and took the time with my wife to explain colour schemes and which ones best suited our home.
Rob and his crew arrived on the promised day and completed everything in 2 days, as promised. Very professional work from beginning to end and cleaned up everything from top to bottom. The curb appeal of our house instantly changed and we couldn't be happier.
We would highly recommend J & R Aluminum to anyone.

SWJ from Bronte

when I booked my new stucco, I wasn't aware that I would need to also book in someone to change the soffits and downpipes etc. so i was very lucky to be able to get Robert in December.
This turned out to be a good thing though as I had wanted to have the downpipes disconnected from the storm water. I also hadn't realized I still had the original tiny eaves troughs on the house.
Robert was able to fit me in exactly when needed. he also rerouted the downpipes, put larger eaves on and matched the color to the house. (with a different colour to match the roof portion.
he even came back at a later date to fix something for me.

Rollie from Concord

They are very professional - showed up on time and got the job done efficiently. Rob the owner even cleaned the old materials and swept the debris and dried leaves off the ground as part of their clean up.

Would definitely recommend their services.

Diane Meyer from Mississauga

Three of my neighbors had their old eavestroughs removed and new ones installed by J&R Aluminum. The owner Robert is very nice and personable. He answered all my questions. My new rain barrels had not arrived on the date of installation, so they came back another day at no extra charge to make the necessary adjustments so that the eavestroughs fit the rain barrels perfectly. They were quick and did a very good job. Myself and all my neighbors are very happy.

Mark

I discovered J and R Aluminum through Kijiji. Rob Sowa, the owner, came by one Sunday in June of 2014 and, gave me a competitive quote for the job. He is a well informed and personable gentleman. For the most part, I feel his team did a decent job but, there were some concerns: After Rob left I did an observation of the gutter guard and noticed that it had been done sloppy; one section was caving in. I called Rob, sort of in a panic because I wanted it fixed before the roofers came to do my roof, and he said he'd come by the following Monday - he never did stop by or call me back. Just last week (June 2015) I noticed that the freeze board was sort of popping off of the wood behind it. Upon close observation, I noticed that they neglected to insert screws on the bottom side of the freeze board along the whole one side of the house. I wont bother calling Rob, I'll just stop by Home Depot and pick up some screws, do it myself. As you can see, judging by my review and a couple of other postings, this company can be sloppy at times. You'd think they'd do a walk around inspection upon finishing up, eh. Pros: Rob is personable and accommodating to your needs; competitive pricing; gives you a cool down period before having to pay him for the job; he did not ask for a deposit. Cons: his after service is sketchy at best; they can be sloppy at times. Would I call Rob again? Absolutely not! I have no patience, nor tolerance, for any company who pulls a no show and hides on their customers after the job is completed. It is always a company's responsibility to provide fair and timely after sale service. Thank you.

John from Toronto

I am really pleased we chose J & R Aluminum to do the work. Rob was very thorough in his estimate - the quote was well explained and reasonable. The whole experience was professional, fair priced and very courteous staff and owner. I am totally satisfied with the final outcome and would not hesitate to recommend Rob and his crew to family and friends.

Daniel from Mississauga

Robert and his team were highly recommended by neighbours and i am very glad that i chose them. They made sure to accomadate every concern that i had regading if what was planned could be done. Robert knew eveything to know about his product which was top of the line and cut cost where need be. Thank you Robert for taking the time to explain every detail along the way.
Good work!

ShellyBellyToronto
4 reviews TORONTO, ON

The best I can say about this company is that they weren't bad. They fixed mistakes that we caught, but the mistakes shouldn't have been made int he first place. There was one mistake (they accidentally covered my dryer vent) and it took more than a month to get that fixed. They were polite and tried to make up for this mistake and the time it took to fix it, but we were very frustrated about not hearing back from them for over a month. We might use them again because the price is so reasonable, but we would definitely keep a close eye on things.

John in Riverdale

I hired Rob and his team at J&R Aluminum to supply and install rigid insulation, siding, window flashing and new eaves on my newly purchased, in much need of repair, semi-detached home in the Riverdale neighbourhood in Toronto.

Rob and his team were initially quite responsive. The work was done in three days. I had the opportunity to be home during those three days, so I paid attention to the work that was being done.

I caught a number of minor errors during the three days, which was corrected immediately.

I didn't notice until afew days later (when it rained) was they installed an eavestrough incorrectly, such that the water flowed away from the side with the downspout and instead pooled on the other side of the eaves (eventually leaking through the seams and dripping like crazy). Rob quickly came back to repair this.

After I paid the fees in-full, I encountered another minor error that was a major pain. It turns out they accidentally put rigid insulation and siding over my clothes dryer vent - effectivly sealing in the vent.

I ended up having to fix this myself (which was disapointing).

I promised I would update this post if anything developed. Rob followed up with me afew weeks ago to apologize for the problem.

I was impressed that he followed-up (in my experience, most contractors would stick their heads in the sand). Rob's an honest guy, he did good work for value. I think my experience was unusual in this respect.

Review has 1 previous version

More about J & R Aluminum

We specialize in the installation of EAVESTROUGH / GUTTER , LARGE DOWNPIPES, SOFFIT, FASCIA, VINYL AND ALUMINUM SIDING AND THERMO WINDOWS. Our eaves troughs feature: • Professional hand cut corners. • Sealant designed specifically for Canadian Eavestrough. • Bracket installation to minimize expansion and contraction. • Precision grading for proper ...