A-Plus Renovations and General Contracting

Basement Renovation
ETOBICOKE ON M9A4M7
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Etobicoke  >  A-Plus Renovations and General Contracting

Reviews for A-Plus Renovations and General Contracting

George, Dalilah Hairsalon in Toronto

A Plus Renovations and General Contracting did an excellent job of building my hair salon. All the work was done very professional, on time and budget we have agree on. George did tremendous work on the design, layout and every single detail to transform the place and make it look amazing and functional.I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

R in Toronto

I checked his work when I came home the first day. George didn't do as we discussed, and when I checked his concrete work, it was bad. I paid him for a day's work and asked him to leave. Afterwards, I dug out what was supposed to be concrete, with a hand-held garden trowel. I had to un-do everything he did and support the garage on jack-posts, because he had cut the studs but had failed to support the wall.

EDIT: I'm now responding to George's response. I took most of the concrete out the next day (when it should have already set). It was sitting on unstable fill, and most of it was still dry mix with virtually no water added (I have pictures). I believe it was George's helpers that did this, and not George himself. I hesitated to post my review, because I don't like giving bad reviews, and knew that if the contractor has the last word, he'll always try to discredit you to protect his name. Suffice it to say, I stopped the work, and not for the purpose of saving money, as it cost me much more to have it done properly. I only wrote the review after the work was completed by others. I cannot recommend this company.

I was very surprised to see this review appear 2 months after the job because we didn't receive any complaints from this customer. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and I'm sorry this customer feels this way about the job. After we start the job (one of my employee and I) we found that 3 or 4 studs 2x4 were completely rotten in the bottom. Since we have not discussed replacing the studs we did double the studs and did reinforce garage floor under the studs by 6' metal lintel and concrete before we continue with the rest of the project. At the end of the day I had a call from the customer, who decided to finish the job by himself to save money and have never raised any issues (that could be solved by the company). Since seeing this review I called this customer and tried to resolve the situation anyway I could, but he declined my offer. We have many happy customers, but I am sorry this one customer isn't satisfied. I hope he understands our position and I wish him all the best.

Erik in Scarborough
1 review SCARBOROUGH, ON

George worked within our tight time frame while providing friendly service and quality workmanship - at a reasonable price.
We were very happy with the results and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again for future projects.

Benjamin in Thornhill
2 reviews THORNHILL, ON

George was referred to us by friends. He came in, assessed the situation and agreed to do the job. After that it was like a symbiotic relationship whereby I would tell him what we wanted, he would look inside our minds and see exactly how the job should look. Then he built it! Not only does George do good work, he is personable, kind and fun to be around. When asked by friends how to describe George one word comes to mind - perfectionist. He won't stop until the job is done right. He treated our house as if it was his own and as a result created a living space that we can now proudly call our home. Whenever we need a job done, George will be top of our list. Whenever someone asks, we highly recommend him as the right man to do any number of jobs. Thank you A+ Renovations and thank you George!

J Bay in Toronto

My house was built in the 1920's. It needed a lot of repair. A-Plus Renovations and General Contracting took over all the work to bring the house back in shape. This included basement renovation, kitchen remodeling, rebuilding my front stone walkway and variety of small repairs.

I am completely satisfied with the work that was done, and appreciated that all the projects were carried out on time and budget. George is very professional and an excellent communicator.He was always available to advise me and give details about the ongoing work. I felt he was the perfect choice.

Jody in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

George from A-Plus Renovations was hired to work on a number of projects on the interior and exterior of our new home. We were very satisfyied with all his work. A-Plus was reliable, excellent workmanship, very knowledgable and a pleasure to have in our home!
We would definetely reccomend him for anyone looking for general contracting or renovation, George can do anything, THANKS GEORGE!!!!!!

Karla and Dave in Toronto

George completed some work in our previous home and our current home. He is reliable and most of all very knowledgeable of complete home renovations. George has worked in the interior and exterior of our home and we were very satisfied when the job was completed.
I am happy to recommend George and his company to anyone.