Sofaland

EDMONTON AB T5A 0P7
HomeStars  >  Furniture in Edmonton  >  Sofaland

Reviews for Sofaland

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Mistake on product but quickly fixed

We purchased an accent chair, but when we picked up the box from the warehouse and opened it at home, it was the wrong colour. I called the Southside Edmonton sofaland location and spoke to Cyrus. He promptly helped fix the problem. Luckily the colour I had ordered was in the warehouse. He first wanted us to drop the wrong one back and pick up the new one, saying there's a $99 delivery charge. But considering it was sofa land's fault we ended up with the wrong chair and I did not have ready access to a vehicle, he was able to arrange free pick up and delivery for the next day. The next day the delivery guys called before they came, waited 5 mins extra for me to get home, and were very courteous and polite. So overall a good experience!

Arash in Leduc
Arash in Leduc
1 review Leduc, AB

Manufacturing defects

I ordered 2 accents chairs 3 months ago and after receiving them I realized that the chairs are not identical and one of them had manufacturing defect!!!
The legs size and shape was totally different. I called their customer service and took 3 weeks to replace the chair.
A few months later I bough 2 round ottoman and when I took them home again their legs were not fixed and I had to return them to fix it!!!
Stay away from this company
No quality control
No respect for customers time and money

2 sofas

Terrified after many nightmares with sofa purchases, we decided to look here. Brandy was a pleasant and no pressure salesperson. We found what we were looking for right away, but decided to visit the nearby competitor anyway. The Sofaland sofas were more comfortable and $500 cheaper then the competitor, so we took deep breaths and signed the deal. Didn't like their $99 delivery charge.
I made the mistake of looking at reviews when I came home, however the delivery was a very pleasant experience. Both employees were personable and friendly. They even waited 5 minutes for my wife to arrive. So far, so good.

Andrew Y in Edmonton
Andrew Y in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Delivery guys damaged our sofa

The delivery guys came to deliver a new set of sofa today, while they were moving our old sofa downstairs, they damaged the sofa so badly. My wife was at home but she didn't go downstairs to check after the guys moved. But when I came home and took a look at that, I found this would not be acceptable. My wife recalled that there was a little bit tight to get in, but if they moved around slightly, it should be ok, however, the guys just pushed and kicked, then it appeared like the attached picture. Also, there is a hole on our wall. They must have noticed that, but they didn't mention and left.

Karen C in Edmonton
Karen C in Edmonton

Purchased sofa

I would suggest you NOT shop at Sofa Land, I received the worst after sales customer service I have ever received. The customer service person was patronizing and had the worst attitude when dealing with a customer who was clearly not happy . I spent about $3000 on a sofa and chair. The delivery people had a lot of trouble getting the Sofa into my house, so much so that there were holes in my ceiling and walls. This was repaired. I did examine the sofa for tears and could not see anything obvious, however a few weeks later I found some holes and snags in the piping. They are in such a place as to not be noticed unless you look very closely. I call the customer service, someone came out to look and said they would get back to me. When I talked to the customer service person, she said the factory would not cover it, I said it was not a factory issue, it happened when they were brining in the sofa, it was not covered and must have gotten ripped on the hinges of the door they removed. She then said to call the insurance company since I had purchased insurance on the furniture. Now as an employee who deals with the customer service, I would think she would know that holes are only covered on leather...she was just trying to get rid of me. I called back and all I kept getting was the factory would not cover it, clearly it was not the factory who was at fault. There was never any offer of how she could help resolve my issue. No empathy for a customer who had just spent a lot of money only to have it have holes. Every time I look at my sofa I feel sick, it is not perfect and I would think that the company would stand behind their product and delivery. I would suggest there are lots of furniture stores in Edmonton and you go to one that will stand behind their product and service.

Broken Rocker Recliner and no Customer service

Almost 3 months I have waited to have my rocker recline repaired after the undercarriage metal broke. The Customer service Department never returns calls and where there were supposed to parts ordered they never were until I contacted head office. Then and only then she returned a call. Again she contacted June 1st, two calls returned to her remain unanswered regarding the pick up and repair. Horrible customer service and she should be fired on the spot as she knows little or nothing of customer service or coordinating repairs.

Kevin from Edmonton
Kevin from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Chairs purchase after sale service

We bought an orion recliner in march, last night the bloody thing just split in two while i was sitting in it. A review of the chair show the WELD has sheered off separating the chair from the base. I have been told that not only will they not simply replace a chair i bought less than 90 days ago but that its going to take at least 2 MONTHS to get the part in and the will FIX the thing. It needs a whole new weld not a new part. I have sent them picture of the damage and have been told to just wait. I have to admit, i enjoyed the shopping experience, no stalking sales people clean open show room. Average price but i am not impressed with either the quality nor the after sales service. THIS STORE BELIEVES IN BUYER BEWARE. so if you shop here keep that in mind. we won't shop here again.

Carmen McClung from Edmonton
Carmen McClung from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Power recliner and Wingback chair with ottoman

We love the style and comfort of furniture we ordered and staff were very helpful with our selections. Our concern is the very poor customer service: I stated phoning within the 1st week regarding the top cushion of the ottoman which is misshaped and It took 3 weeks of phoning to be told it wasn't the manufacturers problem and I could try and manipulate the cushion myself, which I had been trying for weeks and doesn't work, or would I like a technician to come out. I requested a tech but was told it would be several more weeks before they could arrange someone to come out and look at the ottoman- who knows when I will actually see anyone. Brand new ottoman should have immediate assessment and repair or replaced. When I phoned the store I was told to phone customer service - very disappointed. They are happy to sell us furniture but that is where the help stops.

Brianne  from Spruce Grove
Brianne from Spruce Grove

Sectional

I purchased a floor model sectional from Sofa Land, upon receipt of the product and vacuuming under the cushions I noticed a staple that was sticking out and as a result had been creating a hole in the back of the cushion. I reached out to Sofa Land upset this damage hadn't been disclosed and looking for them to repair or replace the cushion - they refused and said I should have taken off the cushions and looked them over thoroughly. In hindsight now that they refuse to correct, yes I should have done that, but in good faith if that is part of their process they should have suggested I do that with them and looked over the cushions together. This is the POOREST display of customer service I have experienced and am incredibly upset they are not making this right. BUYER BEWARE apparently, they sell you something damaged they won't tell you about it. Don't buy from Sofa Land

Looking for Furniture pros in Edmonton?