Reliance the Furnance Company - Edmonton

Edmonton AB T5A 0P7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Reliance the Furnance Company - Edmonton

Reviews for Reliance the Furnance Company - Edmonton

1 review Edmonton, AB

Nathan provided us with great service way above and beyond what we expected, delivered in a very courteous and congenial manner. He is to be commended.
Only negative comment I have is with regard to Reliance call centre. When I first called on Friday I was asked if it was a plumbing problem or an HVAC problem, since our furnace is run off our hot water tank, I did not know, consequently a was plumber sent. ApparentIy there was no record of our purchase of the hot water tank in May, 2017. I was then informed it was an HVAC problem. Another gentleman arrived and we were informed that it was a plumbing problem. A third gentleman arrived on Monday, Nathan, and he had the correct part and it was promptly installed. Unfortunately the furnace quit during the wee hours of Tuesday. I called the service number and again got the call centre. Again I was asked to determine whether it was a plumbing or HVAC problem and that if the service provided today was not related to the original problem I would be charged. I was not happy with this comment at all, I am not a plumbing/HVAC diagnostician. Your call centre could do better.
I subsequently texted Nathan and he came very promptly and now the problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for your review and feedback! ~Haley

Kelly from Edmonton
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

We had a new furnace installed last month and Reliance was off to a good start with an easy to use online booking system, a fast response on the estimate, and a price that was on par with other contractors. The rest of our experience, unfortunately, has not gone as smoothly. Two technicians arrived to install the new furnace. There was no discussion of what work would take place or where new venting would be run, rather the technicians just got to work and drilled a hole in my house where they thought the new venting should go. Previous communications with Reliance led me to believe that there would be a system check and a walk through before the technicians left. One of the techs kindly walked me through operation of the thermostat, but the other fellow (after borrowing my multimeter to attempt to troubleshoot the furnace, since he did not have one of his own on hand) simply stated that I would receive a call sometime later in the day for another technician to come by and fix the furnace since they could not get it up and running. I was thankful I arranged to have the whole day off of work as there was no call, rather the third technician stopped by unannounced. It turns out that the installation crew had cut through several wires when installing the new air filter ducting. The third fellow was very polite and was able to solve the problem within a few minutes and had our furnace up and running.

The actual furnace itself is great - much quieter, more efficient, and more even heat throughout our house compared to our old unit. While the inside of my house was left clean (minus a few unscrewed lightbulbs from the original crew where the new venting had been run), a significant amount of resin was spilled along my stone walkway, patio and stairs. There was a patch where one of the original crew members had obviously tried to wipe it up, but had only succeeded in rubbing it into the pores and the making the stone look worse. The patio and stonework is only just over a year old (and I spent more on the stonework than the furnace!), and I was quite upset that the original technicians had made such a mess on the stone when we had plenty of grass and a gravel driveway that they could have used instead. It took several weeks and quite a few calls/e-mails/text messages to arrange for a sub-contractor to come out and look at the stones and though it has been over a month since the furnace was installed, I am still waiting on Reliance to "source the patio stones" based on the information I provided and/or come up with a plan to remediate the spills.

Also, since we had the furnace installed during a relatively warm period, we did not notice for a few days that the new venting was leaking. Again, it took a couple of communications to arrange for a repair crew to come out to fix the leaking venting. We were told that the repair crew would be out before noon on a Saturday, and two gentlemen arrived at 11:58 on the Saturday morning, cut-out and replaced the leaking section within 5 minutes. If the repair had been successful, that would have been awesome, but flash forward 60 minutes and the leak was back (I suspect the support for the venting was tightened abruptly before the resin had set). We scheduled another repair, and were given a window of 2 pm - 5 pm on a Monday. Given that both my husband and I work, we had made arrangements to have someone home during that window, but to our dismay, no one showed up and no calls were placed to inform us about any change in the scheduled appointment. After an e-mail the next day to my contact, I received another call to schedule the repair and was told that there was a miscommunication the day prior. The next repair is supposed to be tomorrow evening, and I truly hope that it works out. It has been 5 weeks of us having to have a bucket in the middle of our basement floor to catch drips from our new furnace. At this point, it feels almost like a comedy of errors and I must admit that I have regretted my choice of installer after all the extra time the subsequent appointments/repairs have required, and I still have a leaking vent and marred stonework. I was charged in full for the work the day of the installation, despite the fact that no walk through was conducted and I did not sign off on anything for completion of the work. I tried waiting to fill out the e-mailed customer satisfaction survey (since the work has not yet been completed), but I found out too late that the link has expired. Reliance has some good things going for it (some good technicians, sometimes prompt responses, good furnaces), but my personal experiences have left me feeling somewhat sour. I truly hope that they will fix the leaking venting and the spills soon.

November 7, 2017: Updating the review - a Reliance technician stopped by last week to fix our leak and we are happy now to be able to put away our bucket under the venting. The technician even came early in the evening so that we didn't have to miss any more time away from work, which was great. We received assurances from the Edmonton General Manager that a follow up for our patio repair will be done this coming spring (2018), so hopefully I'll be able to check back later with good news!

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Kelly,

I believe that I had responded to another review that you had posted. Please email me directly and I would be happy to help. [email protected] ~ Haley

2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Reliance has an easy to use online booking system, easy to use if you only have one issue - otherwise phone and talk to a real person! The company always sends an experienced plumber to give the customer an estimate and to determine the date when it can be done. They are reliable and the plumbers are personal - giving alot of practical tips, very much appreciated.
I would certainly recommend Reliance for heating and AC

Thank you so much for your amazing review, we truly appreciate it! -Haley

Cathye in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Brian came to my house today Aug 3/17 He was very polite knows what he was doing and told me what to watch for. He will be back next week to repair furnace only because the part had to be ordered. Very impressed with Reliance company in all aspects Never disappointed!Thanx so much Brian Campbell.

This is so great to hear, thank you for your awesome review! -Haley

Cheryl Myers from Calgary
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Bob, our fabulous Tech called Friday morning, 7:30am to say he was on the way and would be at the house within half hour. Sure enough, 20 mins later was at the door and ready to get to work. Bob was very courteous, friendly and knowledgable and not only did all the required service work, he went above and beyond to explain how to set everything and what to do to run our system at its peak efficiency.
Thanks Bob...
Barry & Cheryl, Calgary AB

Thank you so much for your awesome review, we appreciate it! -Haley

Ralph and Shirley Zutter in Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

We received excellent and very professional service from our Home Comfort Advisor Chris Margaritis to the installers Brent and Taylor.
Very impressed with their knowledge and professionalism. Would not hesitate to recommend Reliance The Furnace Company.
Job well done!

Hi Ralph, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We really appreciate it! -Cait

Brody in Edmonton
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Had 4 quotes done to install air conditioning. Reliance was right in the middle, and yet still offered to match my best price. On top of that their warranty was head and shoulders above the rest. 10 year parts and labour on EVERYTHING! That's peace of mind. Chris the home comfort specialist didn't try to oversell me on anything. I had one quote where I was told I should upgrade my furnace (my 4 year old furnace!!!) another who wanted to sell me a sump pump and 400$ air filter. Chris was just realistic and down to earth. They were able to then book an install Monday after I called them Saturday to take their bid. Marty and his guys called 20 minutes out and showed up on time. The whole job was done in under 2 hours. They took the time to walk me through the details and cleaned everything up perfectly. Install looks great. Very happy with my reliance experience and look forward to working with them again in the future.

Awesome thanks Brody ! That's what we do !

K Smith in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Bob was extremely helpful and took the time to explain how our air conditioner and furnace work.

I now know how to take care of our system -- he's a real pro!

One of the best service/repair techs we've ever had.

Thanks Bob!

Thanks very much. We feel the same way about the Bob !

Estelle in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Our trusted 30 year old Lennox air conditioner quit working. We called Reliance for a repairman as they installed our high energy furnace - which has been amazing; the tech came to our home the next day and was professional, polite and informative. The conclusion was that it was time to consider a replacement. The install was performed by Matthew and Iannik. They were professional, explained the process to me and the install was completed in a timely fashion. I would recommend Reliance Furnace to everyone. It was a pleasure to meet both young men and appreciate the great job they did.

Hi Estelle, thank you so much for your awesome review! -Cait

Cindy from Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Bob and Chris performed the annual service on our HVAC; they did a fantastic job. They arrived when expected and they were quick and quiet. They completed the work well within the estimated time, and they walked me through what was done/replaced. They also called ahead to the shop for the replacement filters as I planned to pick them up later in the day. All in all, great service! And they were sweet to my two littles, who thought it was pretty cool to have them here to take care of our house. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your amazing, we truly appreciate your feedback! -Haley

More about Reliance the Furnance Company - Edmonton

Reliance™ - The Furnace Company has been delivering high quality home comfort products and services to the Edmonton market for over 10 years. We were the first Lennox Premier Dealer in Edmonton and are the only Capital Region based dealer to have won the prestigious Dave Lennox Award, as one of the Top 25 Dealers in North America out of over 6500 dealers. Now part of the Reliance™ national network, we bring over 40 years of experience with a full service of heating and cooling solutions, ranging from sales and service, financing to rental options. This means you can trust that Reliance™ - The Furnace Company will be here for the long haul and continue to offer you the same exceptional service our customers have come to expect.
When you choose Reliance™- The Furnace Company, you’re choosing one of the largest HVAC providers in Canada, with over 1.2 million customers and growing. You can expect your call to be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and one of the largest networks of licensed technicians in Canada.
After all, we believe you are buying much more than home comfort equipment, you’re buying a relationship. As you can see, it really is all about you! Your satisfaction is our top priority.

Some services that we offer are, Furnaces, Air-Conditioners and Water Heaters

Our Mission:
We provide our customers peace of mind. We take the risk out of products and services that are essential to their lives and businesses. We make it easy.