Cabin to Castle

Edmonton AB T5A 0P7
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Edmonton  >  Cabin to Castle

Reviews for Cabin to Castle

1 review Edmonton, AB

We first got Jason to inspect the unfinished basement of a house we were considering purchasing as we wanted to finish it, but wanted to be sure there were no issues. He found a couple of minor fixes that the builder immediately fixed. We then went and got Jason and Alex to come back and check out the whole property upon completion (which was even cheaper than anticipated, a nice surprise!). They have us a clear report, explained what they had found and about 45 mins after we met with them we had a full report with photos emailed to us to then send to our builder. Nice guys, thorough, explain things in plain language and the price was more than reasonable. Our realtor recommended them and I am glad he did! ??

Heather in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

These guys are great! Professional, knowledgeable, informative and friendly. They put our concerns at ease and spent the time informing us on what needed to be done to improve our new purchase. They offer a top notch service providing 2 inspectors for our visit and a very detailed report sent instantly to us through email. NO WAITING! I would highly recommend Cabin to Castle to anyone!

Andrey in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

1) I ordered inspection at Sunday - was no problem, what is very convenient.
2) Number of inspector are two, what is good as they have two opinions.
3) The inspection was done for 2 hours and the looked at every corner with good attention on all details.
4) During the inspection all hidden problems, what I could not find myself.

Summary:
1) I am highly satisfied with the result, because it saved for my huge money.
2) I am strongly recommend for everyone to use "Cabin to Castle" house inspection service.
3) Personally great thanks to Inspectors: Justin Bell and Jason Zatylny, who performed this Inspection for me.

Jamie Dodds in Saint Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

do not recommend Cabin to Castle. If you are new to real estate, you can't rely on them, and if you have experience in construction/property management, they add no additional value. Here is my story...

I have incurred a number of significant expenses very shortly after moving in that were not noted in the report. I consider my investment with Cabin to Castle a complete waste of money and will not recommend them to any of my friends or network. Items missed included cracked/floating slab in garage cracked and pulling away from house, roof improperly finished with sheet metal causing rot and significant repairs, shingles needing immediate replacement (leaks visible from inside of garage even if there was snow on the roof), windows needing immediate replacement, water valves not working for outside taps (accessible from inside of house), and several cracks in drywall meaning who knows what.. I am just very frustrated, and it took a lot to write this, but as a business owner, I cannot believe I paid money for what was provided. I was a new and unexperienced home owner and trusted this service to catch these items - this was a significant learning lesson for me and I hope others don't have to pay out of pocket for the $15-20K that I did... yikes.

4 reviews St. Albert, AB

They were Very thorough and professional. I would deffinitly recommend this group to anyone needing a property inspection. My service came complete with a full walkdown and detailed written report.

1 review Edmonton, AB

Two inspectors went over my prospective home with a fine-tooth comb. Not only did I receive a thorough, detailed report, they explained what they were doing and what to do to acheive optimal maintenance of my new home. Then, a follow-up visit by Jason, Operations Manager, to inspect a sump pump that wasn't accessible at the time of the initial inspection; AND further to that, when I thought that something had gone terribly wrong with my sump pump (since I didn't disconnect the hose before freezing) the Operations Manager came back to have a look, confirmed that the discharge pipe was installed properly and that the pump was working properly, with no additional cost to me! This was above and beyond what I expected. Thank you Jason and Cabin To Castle!

Melissa B in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I was referred by a friend who owns rental properties throughout Edmonton and uses Cabin to Castle. He is very critical and has nothing but good things to say about them so I used them for a home inspection earlier in November. I couldn't be happier! They saved me from making a mistake and taking on more than I could handle. The property had not been maintained by the owner and it was currently being rented out. There were issues with plumbing, electrical, furnace/hot water tank, grading, mold/mildew, and the windows needed to be replaced so badly that wood rot was present. Everything else required general maintenance. Overall, I am very happy with the service I received and would not hesitate to use them again. Please note, my inspection was a little more expensive because there was another unit downstairs with full kitchen. Thank you Cabin to Castle!

1 review Edmonton, AB

I am very disappointed in their service. They do not come cheap so I want to caution others as it has costed us a lot trusting this company. Our realtor recommended them to us so we went with them. They gave us a thumbs up saying we are getting a good house. Since we have moved in we have discovered a lot of expensive issues that they did not pick up on. Our heater is on the outs which will cost us another 2 thousand dollars to fix plus our water system is not working properly so more money out. I can go on on......bottom line is do not trust this company.

Danny in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I have used Cabin to Castle 10 times and have had zero problems. They have always sent two Inspectors and the Inspectors are from the construction Industry and not someone who "Just took a course". I would highly recommend them!

1 review Edmonton, AB

I need a home buying inspection done for me, and i am a very happy customer! Jason and Luke are professional and friendly. They both went through the home and explained everything in detail...first Jason and than Luke. I would definitely, highly recommend Cabin to Castle and expecially Luke and Jason! Thank you guys for being so patient in answering every question i had...and i learned a lot through the process!!!