Urban Granite

Darlene knutt in Edmonton
Darlene knutt in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Quartz waterfall island

Our first install the Quartz was faulty, second piece had fill piece, discovered before install.Third piece was measured wrong top larger than the waterfall side , installed using a grinder, was rectangle ended up round wavy uneven corners.Continued battle to have island corrected.Fourth piece was good on arrival, chemicals left by installers all over counter seeped through rags , asked kindly to be careful they wouldn't listen.They finished and couldn't remove stains.Walked off job.Called the owner very rude and that is mild what he said. Had to hire new contractor to put in a good counter at our expense.On install urban granite workers didn't want us in our own house , not watching and then told it was because we watched that they done a bad job.Never recommend company

Gerald from Iconic Cabinets Inc
Gerald from Iconic Cabinets Inc
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

As a cabinet shop I deal with Counter tops all the time.

I had the opportunity to show case my millwork and i needed high end counter tops to go with my cabinets. I have used Urban granite on and off for over 10 years, and have never been disappointed. Like any business, i once in awhile check up on there pricing, by trying other suppliers, most of them give me a great deal for coming over and they do try to give me there best service but it never lasts there price soon becomes more expensive then Urban granite and the service falls off. So i end up back at Urban granite every time. So if your looking for great service, a wonderful product and a staff who knows about what they are doing then go to urban granite.

D Webb in Edmonton
D Webb in Edmonton

Kitchen Renovation

From start to finish, our experience with Urban Granite was very positive. The templater had to make an extra trip because of my error and did not charge extra. The install went smoothly, in a timely fashion and the seam was excellent. Because of a minor technical issue they had to make a second trip out and again it was scheduled quickly and done professionally. The salespeople, templater, managers, cutters and installers were all friendly and very helpful.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Kitchen granite installation

Worst granite ever. Poor polish and sealing. The crew and company are unprofessionel. urban granite was sole supplier for our builder snd unfortunately they were very rigid in letting us chose the kind of granite and to pick a slab of our choice. Our new kitchen has a granite which looks like a raw stone with no polish no finish , very dull and rough in appearance. In 2 months our stone has gone from a white base to yellowish green. It absorbs every liquid including water. After repeated complaints since day one after 3 months two service guys came to our house .. Sprayed a sealant on the granite and left within half an hour saying you guys should do this every three to four months. Granite looks still thr same scuffmarks everywhere, coarse feel and staining!! I contacted urban granite to report probkem again and i was told to leave message for service team but nobody contacted us back. So it seems like i might have to shell out some money to hire independent contractor or just chuck this ugly piece out

Janice Murphy from Yellowknife
Janice Murphy from Yellowknife
1 review Yellowknife, NT

Granite Countertop

Being an out of town client, shipping means the world to us. Urban Granite refused to crate our precious counter top the way it should be crated for shipping. This caused a break in one counter, and now we are upset about the second counter top that showed up crated the same way, and is unable to fit in the elevator of our building. The shipping company says countertops usually come crated a much better way than Urban Granite's crate job. Just a beware, as the packaging/crating does not work for truck shipments.

In the picture below you will see how they crate the counter top for long distance truck shipment. The first counter top I ordered broke right where that middle wood slat is.

Colleen Newby from Edmonton
Colleen Newby from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Kitchen and bathroom granite

We had our kitchen and 3 bathroom's renovated. We tried many times to get help from them to pick the granite that would work for each area but were later told we had been working with someone who was new and did not know much. We had more than 6 trips to the north end to pick the granite slab to make sure we had perfect pieces. On installation a corner of our island was broken with an obvious patch, I could not get anyone to acknowledge or respond to that concern. There are chips on 2 sinks and a number stamped into a prominent part of the kitchen granite. No response from them when I complained any of the times. I would never go back. I feel we spent a lot of money and time to ensure that we had a quality product and went with a "reputable" company but what we received was less than par service and product.

Mike from Edmonton
Mike from Edmonton

New Home Full Granite Counters and Bar

Dealt with Mike and Hari Stones. He and his staff had great product knowledge. Istallation was done as scheduled. A slight hicup when the plumber supplied the wrong sinks that needed to be removed and the right ones installed. They also had to work around a difficult cabinet design with our cooktop. The one-piece Fusion Quartzite island we got is stunning. Two minor issues were the installers need to be more delicate with the cabinet frames and not resort to using a sawsall. Second getting comparitive pricing for the various choices at Hari Stones is like getting nuclear lauch codes. A colour coding system from cheapest to most expensive would help in making choices easier and quicker. All in all great people to deal with.

Sharon from Edmonton
Sharon from Edmonton

Granite countertops

Urban granite just installed our countertops. The staff was very friendly and easy to deal with. They was very knowledgeable and precise. Work was scheduled in a reasonable time and finished as promised. We were very happy with the job they did.

Melody from Edmonton
Melody from Edmonton

Reno

We just had our granite installed in our kitchen and bathrooms ,the customer service and quality was the best I have received on the market.
Urban Granite has the best prices in Edmonton and their work is amazing.We got some quotes from other granite companies, however Urban gave us the best deal. Excellent, flawless service ..
Try them out you will have no regrets ..

Robin Lamoureux from Edmonton
Robin Lamoureux from Edmonton

Service, Product

We have concerns with there customer service and business attitude, we had to file a complaint(attached) with the BBB to get a response to a simple problem. They would not return phone calls after a problem arose.
Repsonse to BBB:

1. I am disappointed at the response by Urban Granite, I would like to think any business involved in kitchen renovations would know a standard range opening is 30 inches, The opening before the counter top change was the standard 30" opening and the cabinets were not changed. The granite installed was beautifully done; however 2/16 of an inch too large on one side of the range opening, not noticed until our range was replaced, Who would make the standard opening smaller on purpose?

2.The business's 2nd sentence really speaks to our main concern, lack of customer service and response, I called and left messages no less than 6 times in one week, starting the monday, with no response, I had no idea what was going on, I was not once given the opportunity to explain the problem other than to a receptionist whom assured me someone would back to me, including Mike (The owner) himself. If I had once a return call to discuss the problem I am sure I would not be typing this message.

3. I believe the main reason the business finally called was my complaint to the BBB, this is very disappointing, and does not speak highly of their customer service and follow-up.

4. I did have concerns with their service and customer commitment as after we had ordered our granite and put a deposit down, the company was very slow to respond to inquires, we were concerned the install would not happen on time as they were very difficult to contact and would not return phone calls.

5.Overall we are pleased with the product, the initial installers were very professional and pleasant, the range opening issue, was a very minor one, made into a large one by the companies own arrogance and inability to consider customer service as a priority. When you give someone 6000K of your hard earned money you would think they would honor there craftmanship, In the end it took less than an hour to fix.