Young Guns Plumbing & Heating Ltd

EDMONTON AB T5A0P7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Young Guns Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Reviews for Young Guns Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Steve from Edmonton
9 reviews Edmonton, AB

I was looking for a plumber to do a specific job, namely replace an existing saddle valve on a hot water line supplying a humidifier. I solicited quotes by e-mail and obtained a fair price with a fairly prompt response so "hired" this company. Given that I provided a full explanation of the job to be done (nothing complicated) and was provided with a quoted price, it was just a matter of getting the job done. On the day of the appointment, I received a call while I was on another call and the message was that they thought I had forgotten about the appointment so I should re-book. This made no sense so when I finished my other important call, I returned the message and was told that the plumber was on his way but I needed to send a photo immediately so he could determine what supplies were needed as he would have to purchase them. I thought this was rather odd to be asked to provide a photo at the last minute for a straightforward job.

John from Edmonton
5 reviews Edmonton, AB

Doing a bathroom reno, needed sink and toilet installed. The toilet purchased was difficult to install and the team did a great job getting it done. Great job guys! Would recommend!

Tara from Edmonton
11 reviews Edmonton, AB

Based on the recommendations on Homestars, we had Young Guns come to our house to put a shutoff valve on an existing gas line for our BBQ and to flush the hot water tanks. The gentlemen were very fast and courteous when they were here and I was pleased with the service. My only complaint is that my whole day was wasted for 20 minutes worth of work. They were supposed to call me at 9am to give me a time window. I called at 9:45 and left a message. They called back at 10:45 to say that they would come between 11-1. At 1:30 I called and left another message. They showed up at 2 and were gone before 2:30. A little bit more consideration for my day would have been appreciated - even an estimate of "afternoon" or "morning" would have negated me to sit around all day and I could have run my errands in the morning.

Review has 1 previous version
Ephrem Cheng from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

They did several jobs for us in 2014. . I can happily recommend them to anyone.
They were professional, courteous, and patient.
Reasonable rates too.

No hesitation to call them, next time I need any plumbing works done.

Ephrem

Joye French from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I had existing gas line from years ago and wanted to install a gas stove in place of my old electric other companies wanted twice as much money to do this simple instal and they came out and the job was done in 30 minutes at half the price. I will recommend them to everyone for all plumbing and gas fitting needs. Very Fast and very efficient service.

Chet Kennedy from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

The other night my furnace started making some awful noises. I checked the furnace and quickly realized that I did not have any idea what to do about the sound although I could see that it was the inducer motor that was having issues.

I contacted another company that told me they would charge $199 just to come on site, diagnose the problem and then head on down to the warehouse to get the part. They would charge me by the hour for this whole process. That sounded like a terrible idea.

So I got on Facebook and asked my friends who they might recommend and a close friend of mine recommended Kent from Young Guns. She even gave me his cell phone number. I immediately called him and he gave me a clear estimate of when he could reasonably be at my house. Which was very accurate.

I then texted him a video of the problem and he told me exactly what the issue was, and reassured me that if I could handle the noise I could keep running the furnace with no danger to our family or household.

Then... he asked me to send him via text message a photo of the make, model and serial number of the furnace so he could bring the part with him. Brilliant. Saving me time and money.

He texted me when he was on his way. Kent showed up, part in hand and went straight to work on the furnace. They removed the old inducer motor and installed the new one. They were done in no time and then ran the furnace through its cycles to make sure everything was working properly.

I am so impressed with their customer service, their cleanliness and their professionalism. I will be recommending Kent and Young Guns to everyone I know.

Don't call anyone else, just call Kent from Young Guns!

Darryn from Edmonton
19 reviews Edmonton, AB

I recently had a hot water tank spring a leak and the tenants were without hot water tank on one of the coldest days of the year so far. After a few calls to other contractors, it sounded like they would not have hot water until after the weekend. I talked to Joy at Young Guns and she was able to set up a replacement for the same day. Chad came out to replace the tank and was very friendly and professional. He was also patient to explain what additional requirements there would be if I had them install a larger tank or change the location as I had originally hoped. While I just replaced witht the same size tank as was existing, at least I know what to expect when I am ready to change the location when the furnace is replaced in the next few years.

S.S. from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

I never use anyone else, they're hands down the best to work with. Always friendly, on time, efficient, professional. Great guys. Have used them several times, never let me down.

Derek from Morinville
3 reviews Morinville, AB

#1 They actually calculate the size of unit you need, not just guess (I needed a 2 ton). I had 4 quotes done in total, and these guys were the only ones that took the time to measure all the windows. One competitor even said I needed a 3 ton unit. I knew he was full of sh** then and there. Calculating the old school way of 600 sq./ft. per ton.

#2 One other competitor was about the same price, the other 2 were around $900-$1100 more.

#3 They didnt leave a mess or have poor workmanship. They did it right, and didnt screw me around.

Give them a shout. Hard to find decent help these days. These guys fit the bill.

Davis from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Amazing experience with these guys. Installers were really friendly and kept the place so clean. Were efficient and professional. Definitely not going to be using any other Plumbers from here on out. Extremely honest and worked with me to find a cost efficient solution to a tricky bathroom install. Great work.