Trans Canada Movers

Reviews for Trans Canada Movers

Greg in Delta
Greg in Delta

Best so far

Excellent, professional service. We made a last minute booking the day before the move and everyone was more than accommodating. By the following afternoon all our stuff was moved. Bed was wrapped in plastic at no extra charge, staff were all very polite and friendly. And even shuffled furniture around for us at the new place to get it exactly where we wanted it. Wonderful service, we will definitely be using this company for all our moves. And price was definitely reasonable for saving us all the trouble and effort. Thank Dennis and his great team on site.

King sharma in Delta
King sharma in Delta

Cross border moving

I was so nervous about moving from one country to another, because i had no idea where to start or who to call. Luckily i was able to come across Trans Canada!. They were here for me from the beginning of my move to the end. Everyone i talked to were very respectable and professional. The salesperson is very well trained and movers treated my things with such care. And most importantly they were on time! :) I am just so relieved that there are still honest and professional companies just as trans canada movers. I will definitely recommend to family and friends.

Rubert in Toronto
Rubert in Toronto

such a good moving experience

The service I received was awesome. That service was from Vancouver to Boston, I always worry about cross border move. But there was nothing to worry about. They made it so easy for me. Even took a picture and send it to me after they unloaded the truck to my storage here in Boston. The movers worked very hard with sensible cares such as never drawing furniture on the floor and always watch out at every corner not to chip walls. Not only their work on the day was good but also customer service dealt with by sales persons was good. They gave me a booking confirmation via email. Most of booking process was done through email.
I would highly recommend Trans Canada Moving to my friends and anyone else who is looking for a reputable company. I was very impressed with the care taken by Brock and Sam with my furniture. They were both polite, professional, and worked very hard to make sure mymove went smoothly. "Thank you for a great job."

x.lee in Delta
x.lee in Delta

Moving cross country

We moved the contents of our entire house with 2 guys and a medium-sized truck from Trans Canada Movers. They were efficient, helpful and very professional. We had about 30 pieces of large furniture and around 50 boxes. They looked after everything really well, including delicate and fragile items. I've always moved house by myself in the past but Trans Canada Moving made the experience so easy. Fantastic value for money. Will use them again for sure.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Edmonton to Toronto

Just like any other small mover who is there to rip you off! Will never ever recommend it to anyone! Made my move extremely stressful and they took 0 responsibility of the mess they made!

Rohat in Toronto
Rohat in Toronto

Good Movers

Good service, great team in Toronto. I am glad that I chose these guys. Definitely recommend anyone going to States. they are based in BC. But they pick up the phone anytime you call them in Toronto time.

Jim S in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Jim S in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Excellent Move

We hired Trans Canada in September 2017 to complete a move for our son from Vancouver to Montreal. We were very pleased with the work done by Trans Canada. Very professional and courteous. Strongly recommend them for a company providing moving services.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Movers lost Boxes

I went with this company thinking that their BBB status would mean that this company is reliable and more importantly, accountable.

The movers lost one of my boxes and have done such a terrible job of trying to keep me updated on what is going on. I waited about 2 months before writing this review hoping that they would be come around.

They did ask me to fill an insurance claim form, but that doesn't help when I didn't itemize my boxes for my move.

Private User reviews Sherwood Park, AB

A nightmare from the beginning: still waiting for my belongings

The salesman, Don, spoke falsely three times before pickup, telling me that TCM was the company to choose because it was their own men who would be picking up my belongings. On the day of pickup, VIP Moving, a Los Angeles company, arrived at my house.

Don did not make a contract available before the pickup. The contract was given to me by VIP movers after my belongings had been loaded into their truck. The space for the duration of the move was left blank. He was intentionally deceptive when he told me that only TCP employees would be handling my belongings, and by never telling me how long the delivery would take.

My pickup was August 11. On August 14, I sent Don my passport, temporary residency and my declaration of my belongings. On August 16, I sent him my exact address in Edmonton. When I spoke to him August 16, I asked him how long delivery would take, and he told me, “We picked up your shipment today.” He told me that delivery would take two weeks from pickup, and then started rambling on to change the subject. When I interrupted him to ask what he meant by pickup, he became rude and said it would be two weeks from that day, August 16. Shortly after that he hung up on me. Nothing that he told me in that conversation was true.

On around August 29 or August 30, two weeks after the alleged pickup on August 16, I called TCM and asked when my delivery would be. The assistant told me she couldn’t tell me that since my shipment wasn’t in the computer. This was done intentionally by the dispatcher, Emre, so that I wouldn’t find out that in fact, he had instructed his drivers to leave my belongings in the VIP warehouse when they did their pickup on August 16. This was clearly because Emre hadn't sent enough trucks down. So my belongings stayed in Los Angeles for another two weeks.

I left a message for Emre to call me but he never did. I called him and he told me he wasn’t sure what was going on, but that if Don had told me that my stuff was picked up on August 16, then it was picked up on August 16, and I would have it in two to three weeks. He spoke loudly and interrupted me constantly, but told me that I would have my things between Sept. 6 and Sept 8.

I sent Emre several emails asking for information on when my things had been picked up from Los Angeles, when they had crossed the border, and when they had left Vancouver BC for Edmonton. It took three emails and two phone calls for Emre to tell me that my stuff had actually been picked up in Los Angeles on August 25. But this was not true, since he also said that they crossed the border on Sept. 4. It's a three-day drive, not an eleven-day drive. My shipment actually left Los Angeles on Wednesday, Aug. 30, exactly two weeks after it was supposed to, and crossed the border on Sept. 1.

Emre also told me several times that this delay was my fault because they hadn’t had my exact address in Edmonton until after the drivers had left on August 16. This is a ridiculous story, because TCM offers 4 weeks of free storage in their warehouse in Vancouver if you aren’t ready to move in right away. Emre put the blame for his own incompetence as a dispatcher on me.

TCM never once contacted me to tell me delivery would be delayed. I had to contact them repeatedly. TCM did not honor Don's verbal promise that I would have my belongings two weeks after August 16. I finally received delivery on September 11, thirty-one days after pickup for a five-day drive. Two antique tables were significantly damaged and part of the leg of an antique secretary was broken off. An antique lamp marked fragile had a dent in the base.

Emre made a mistake when he didn’t send enough trucks to Los Angeles, but instead of contacting me, instead of hiring an outside firm to bring my shipment timely, he just kept being vague, bullying me when I called, telling me falsehoods and blaming me for the delay. There was never an apology, much less an offer to give me a discount for my inconvenience.

Trans Canada is not a member of the Canadian Association of Movers, and I was told that they get a lot of complaints about the company. Trans Canada is a member of the BBB, but does not live up to BBB accreditation standards.

More about Trans Canada Movers

Trans Canada Movers Inc. is a major well-established full-service moving company. We specialize in long distance moves and relocation planning across Canada and the USA. Trans Canada Movers has been operating in the Vancouver marketplace with great success for many years. We pride ourselves on our reputation. Our repeat client ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Delta?