Trans Canada Movers

Jim S in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Jim S in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Excellent Move

We hired Trans Canada in September 2017 to complete a move for our son from Vancouver to Montreal. We were very pleased with the work done by Trans Canada. Very professional and courteous. Strongly recommend them for a company providing moving services.

1 review Edmonton, AB

Movers lost Boxes

I went with this company thinking that their BBB status would mean that this company is reliable and more importantly, accountable.

The movers lost one of my boxes and have done such a terrible job of trying to keep me updated on what is going on. I waited about 2 months before writing this review hoping that they would be come around.

They did ask me to fill an insurance claim form, but that doesn't help when I didn't itemize my boxes for my move.

1 review Sherwood Park, AB

A nightmare from the beginning: still waiting for my belongings

The salesman, Don, spoke falsely three times before pickup, telling me that TCM was the company to choose because it was their own men who would be picking up my belongings. On the day of pickup, VIP Moving, a Los Angeles company, arrived at my house.

Don did not make a contract available before the pickup. The contract was given to me by VIP movers after my belongings had been loaded into their truck. The space for the duration of the move was left blank. He was intentionally deceptive when he told me that only TCP employees would be handling my belongings, and by never telling me how long the delivery would take.

My pickup was August 11. On August 14, I sent Don my passport, temporary residency and my declaration of my belongings. On August 16, I sent him my exact address in Edmonton. When I spoke to him August 16, I asked him how long delivery would take, and he told me, “We picked up your shipment today.” He told me that delivery would take two weeks from pickup, and then started rambling on to change the subject. When I interrupted him to ask what he meant by pickup, he became rude and said it would be two weeks from that day, August 16. Shortly after that he hung up on me. Nothing that he told me in that conversation was true.

On around August 29 or August 30, two weeks after the alleged pickup on August 16, I called TCM and asked when my delivery would be. The assistant told me she couldn’t tell me that since my shipment wasn’t in the computer. This was done intentionally by the dispatcher, Emre, so that I wouldn’t find out that in fact, he had instructed his drivers to leave my belongings in the VIP warehouse when they did their pickup on August 16. This was clearly because Emre hadn't sent enough trucks down. So my belongings stayed in Los Angeles for another two weeks.

I left a message for Emre to call me but he never did. I called him and he told me he wasn’t sure what was going on, but that if Don had told me that my stuff was picked up on August 16, then it was picked up on August 16, and I would have it in two to three weeks. He spoke loudly and interrupted me constantly, but told me that I would have my things between Sept. 6 and Sept 8.

I sent Emre several emails asking for information on when my things had been picked up from Los Angeles, when they had crossed the border, and when they had left Vancouver BC for Edmonton. It took three emails and two phone calls for Emre to tell me that my stuff had actually been picked up in Los Angeles on August 25. But this was not true, since he also said that they crossed the border on Sept. 4. It's a three-day drive, not an eleven-day drive. My shipment actually left Los Angeles on Wednesday, Aug. 30, exactly two weeks after it was supposed to, and crossed the border on Sept. 1.

Emre also told me several times that this delay was my fault because they hadn’t had my exact address in Edmonton until after the drivers had left on August 16. This is a ridiculous story, because TCM offers 4 weeks of free storage in their warehouse in Vancouver if you aren’t ready to move in right away. Emre put the blame for his own incompetence as a dispatcher on me.

TCM never once contacted me to tell me delivery would be delayed. I had to contact them repeatedly. TCM did not honor Don's verbal promise that I would have my belongings two weeks after August 16. I finally received delivery on September 11, thirty-one days after pickup for a five-day drive. Two antique tables were significantly damaged and part of the leg of an antique secretary was broken off. An antique lamp marked fragile had a dent in the base.

Emre made a mistake when he didn’t send enough trucks to Los Angeles, but instead of contacting me, instead of hiring an outside firm to bring my shipment timely, he just kept being vague, bullying me when I called, telling me falsehoods and blaming me for the delay. There was never an apology, much less an offer to give me a discount for my inconvenience.

Trans Canada is not a member of the Canadian Association of Movers, and I was told that they get a lot of complaints about the company. Trans Canada is a member of the BBB, but does not live up to BBB accreditation standards.

Marie in New Westminster
Marie in New Westminster
3 reviews New Westminster, BC

Move from Chestermere AB - New Westminster BC

Decided to pick this company based on the reviews i had seen and also due to the A+ BBB rating. I had received lots of cheaper rates than Trans Canada Movers however after reading horror stories online with other moving companies adding on extra weight and not turning up on pick-up day i was not for taking that risk. I spoke with Jason in the sales team who was great from start to finish. The movers on pick-up/delivery were very professional and my stuff was delivered exactly a week later with no damages after leaving Chestermere. I Will be recommending this company to friends!

Hi Marie,
Thank you very much for your review and kind words. We strive to offer great professional service for a fair rate. Enjoy the Westcoast.

Rick in BC
Rick in BC
1 review Sooke, BC

Move from Caledon Village ON - Sooke BC

As we all know moving is one of the most stressful situation in our modern day lives. So for us moving across the country (Caledon Village, ON to Sooke, BC) held more than its fair share of challenges and stressors compounded by the fact we were moving at the busiest time of the year (July 1st). Tammy along with the Trans Canada team helped reduce those stresses. Having moved several times over the years, it was a pleasure to see the professional attitude and respect for our property both in Ontario and British Columbia by Mehana and his assistants. Although the move was not without it’s challenges, Tammy was an excellent advocate for us and able address the delivery of our cars with the third party provider to our satisfaction.
As the old adage goes “ You get what you pay for”, Trans Canada was well worth the monies paid as they exceeded our expectations and delivered on what was agreed with no additional surprises. I can’t give enough praise and would highly recommend them for anyone seeking a competent mover.

Hi Rick,
Trans Canada Movers thanks you for your review and recognition of a job well done, we appreciate it. Moving is high anxiety for many, this is why we are always focused on the needs of our clients. Your family was a pleasure to deal with and we wish you all the best in Sooke BC.

hellzbellz in
hellzbellz in
1 review Delta, BC

Reliable, prompt, professional and friendly movers

After spending countless hours trying to find a trustworthy long-distance moving company, I got a decent quote from Jason at Trans Canada Movers for moving my 1 BDRM things from Vancouver to Toronto. Prior to paying the deposit, I voiced to Jason how I was concerned about other movers who had terrible reviews and he provided me with the reassurance I needed that his company was in business for over 20 years and otherwise had a great reputation providing very good service.

My things arrived 18 days after loading, 3 days EARLIER than anticipated! And everything was still wrapped in blankets and nothing broken. Both the 3 mover men on the Vancouver loading side as well as the 2 movers who unloaded in Toronto were professional, nice, helpful, QUICK and friendly. I was happy to tip all of the movers as they definitely deserved it.

I highly recommend Trans Canada Movers for anyone facing a cross-Canada move, or local move of any distance. They are awesome! I'm very happy I chose this moving company.

Hello,

Trans Canada Movers is happy to have been your mover of choice, we appreciate and value your feedback. It is our mission to provide a professional move with great service and a fair price. We hope you are enjoying Toronto!

Latif in New Westminster
Latif in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Vancouver BC to Calgary AB

I moved from Vancouver BC to Calgary AB with Trans Canada Movers and the move was great. Good service and the moving team was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this company.

Hello Latif,
Trans Canada Movers appreciates your positive feedback and values your business. We wish you all of the best in Calgary AB.

More about Trans Canada Movers

Trans Canada Movers Inc. is a major well-established full-service moving company. We specialize in long distance moves and relocation planning across Canada and the USA. Trans Canada Movers has been operating in the Vancouver marketplace with great success for many years. We pride ourselves on our reputation. Our repeat client ...