Vancouver General Contractors

Andy K
Andy K
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Ensuite bathroom and upgrades

Our overall experience with VGC, working with Zaineb to design and plan, and Valdis who helped manage the project, was very good. Because of them, we now have a beautiful ensuite bathroom, space for a walk in closet, new flooring, paint job, new doors, lighting and railing (Sept - mid Jan 2021). Zaineb is able to provide good advice in terms of the design and does her very best to try and solve any issues that arise (e.g., following up with contractors to fix mistakes). Valdis is great at ensuring that the project stays within our expected timelines. We were fortunate that there were no major surprises when it came to the demolition and our project generally stayed on budget. One feedback that VGC can improve upon is scheduling (e.g., when the contractors first receive their instructions to do the design work (tiling pattern and new railing post design), for us to be present to ensure we are all on the same page)). Also, advance ordering during the project was very important especially during COVID-19 restrictions/limitations with supplies, as we have experienced with the 2 week delay in getting our carpet. However, with all things considered, I would still recommend VGC to others in terms of their ability to get the work done to your liking. Zaineb and Valdis are easy to work with and are always responsive.

Sarah in North Vancouver
Sarah in North Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Two Bathroom Renovation

We chose VCG to renovate two bathrooms in our downtown condo because they offered both design and construction services with a well-defined process. We encountered some confusion about the costs during the initial quotation and statement of work phase of the project, but these were resolved and once the actual work was able to proceed after a long Covid delay, we were very pleased with how smoothly the renovation proceeded.

Our designer, Hoda, was very helpful in guiding us through material selection and suggesting options that matched our preferences. She was also very diligent at finding suitable alternatives when our selections became unavailable from the suppliers.

Our project manager, Ravi, was very responsive to our requests and despite some unforeseen issues, the project was completed ahead of schedule. The primary sub-contractor that VCG selected was also very knowledgeable and accommodating. Overall, we are pleased with the outcome and would recommend VCG to others looking for a company to do both the design and construction aspects of a renovation project.

Kieran S
Kieran S
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Kitchen renovation

I recently had a full kitchen renovation completed. After agreeing with VGC to go ahead with my project (with Schwan) just before the Covid lockdown in the spring, I was unsure about what would happen. However, once VGC were able to get their operations running again we were able to proceed safely.
My experience was very good. I worked with Zaineb on the project, who helped me with my design selections and also managed the project overall once underway.
This was my first large reno project and I was quite concerned about it, which is why I wanted a company who had a full range of services. It went very well. Zaineb kept on top of the schedule and the contractors and informed me when issues came up that required my attention.
The contractors were reliable, efficient and did a good job.
I was especially concerned about the project given the Covid measures we have in place but despite this everything was done according to plan. I had some minor gripes with a couple of the change orders and little things towards the end of the project, like decorative finishes, but these were addressed before completion.
Zaineb was a great help, available to respond when needed and keeping me informed.
Overall I'm very happy with my experience and would recommend them. I would be happy to use them again for my next project.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Downtown Office

We hired VGC to do a renovation in our office to create an events space and a new meeting room.
Nothing fancy or exiting as the other amazing projects I see reviewed here, but it was really important for us.
Everything was done accordingly to the project within the timeframe they stipulated at the beginning.
They kept our office very clean for the entire time, even with all the demolition involved.
Another satisfied customer :).

Anne-Marie in North Vancouver
Anne-Marie in North Vancouver

Professional and beautiful work

VANCOUVER GENERAL CONTRACTORS (VGC) were excellent from start to finish. The planning, the advice, the quality of the workmanship all done by a fantastic team of excellent craftspeople. Not only does it look great but the way in which the whole project was handled start to finish was highly professional. Delighted with the outcome I would recommend them to anyone considering any project in their home.

We started with a kitchen and dining room renovation and the work was so professional that we decided to hire them again for our living room, a new minimalist bathroom and a deck for entertaining. The planning was precise, the design exceptional and the workmanship top notch. Zaineb, our senior designer and project manager is brilliant, an original thinker designer and problem solver, she has led our reno with ease and professionalism. She was our go-to for all designs, praise, glitches, uncertainty, budget, advice and what not. She was very easy to talk too, always available, and looking out for our best interests.... quality work, craftsmanship!

I want to make sure that the teams that helped create my new place are commended for their professional work. It was a big project with new floors, cabinets, huge pantry, fireplace, powder room, live wall, new doors, modern shower room and huge deck. We have the same square meters but with so much more storage places. DANMA KITCHEN CABINETS LTD did such an amazing job with the storage additions and sophisticated results; CANADIAN COUNTERTOP team was professional, and their work is meticulous, they do things very carefully and with great attention to detail; the beautiful live wall created by Aurelien at BYNATURE: PLANT FOR LIVING WALL, is out of this world! Bringing nature as a sculpted breathing element that adds calmness and quietness as well as valuable floor real estate to our tiny place; and finally but not least Ash, Sara and their team at ASHKELON CONSTRUCTION, who are always prompt, treated our home with respect, their work being exceptional and I could not speak highly enough of Ash and his team.

I can't recommend VGC highly enough and would not hesitate to have them all back for another project. 5 stars doesn't seem enough. you guys rock!
Anne-Marie

JoJo in Vancouver
JoJo in Vancouver

Complete home renovations

I heard about Vancouver General Contractors through online, I was surprised and delighted that I received a same day call from GM Hussain. I liked the whole process from design stage, construction, to completion. Everything went smoothly. I loved working with the creative interior designer Zaineb who I gave 5 stars in the previous survey. The construction process was a nice experience with the VGC team and Arnie tried his best to keep the place livable as I was staying there through the entire Reno. Definitely I would recommend VGC!

Eva in Burnaby
Eva in Burnaby
1 review Vancouver, BC

Connecting two strata units with a door

When meeting with VGC I didn't know if they would do a good job or not. With so many contractors out there it seems overwhelming to pick just one. So we met with a few. VGC stood out though. They were very professional and their quote was detailed. It was very important for us that they stick to their quote and wont go over the budget which they didn't in the end. The team kept us in the loop at all times and the project was done quickly and clean. VGC dealt with all paper works strata needed from us. We loved their app where they kept us updated and even posted pictures of the progress. Very happy with the outcome and we will definitely work with them again.

Sean in Burnaby
Sean in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Kitchen Renovation

We are very happy with the renovation Vancouver General Contractors did for us. We had our kitchen completely redesigned, our powder room updated, and new paint and flooring put in our living room. The kitchen was originally built in the old-box style, so the living and dining areas were two small rooms. We really wanted to knock down the wall between the kitchen and living room for an open concept and a larger kitchen. There were some construction challenges needed to achieve this because the wall separating the two rooms was a load-bearing wall and contained all of the plumbing and duct work. Not only would they need to tear down the existing wall but install 2 load-bearing beams and move all the plumbing. We had been told to book a one week stay in a hotel while this work was done, but incredibly the contractor, Firas, and the plumber, had the job completed in only 3 ½ days, saving us a significant amount of money and inconvenience. We really enjoyed working with our Interior Designer Sepideh, discussing the design options and choosing our materials and accents. Our Project Director Haytham then worked very hard to ensure our renovation was built as smoothly as possible. We are very happy with the end result and would definitely recommend using Vancouver General Contractors for your renovation needs.

Stacey Little in Vancouver
Stacey Little in Vancouver

Best Contractors in Vancouver

For the biggest investment we've ever made, I would give Hussain and the Vancouver General Contracors team an A+ and a 5 star review.

the biggest reason on top of the way our house turned out was how the project was handled. The way VGC handled a change we wanted right in the middle of the renovation was really accommodating.

A team I would recommend for anyone in Vancouver.

TammyandSIlas in
TammyandSIlas in
1 review Burnaby, BC

Kitchen Renovation

It is with pleasure that we write this review of Vancouver General Contractors (VGC) for our kitchen renovation.
From the very beginning of our experience with VGC, the communication was great! We initially communicated by email as that was the easiest for my husband and I, however we always received a prompt response to our emails. Once the renovation started we were in regular contact with our Project Manager; at least once a week on the phone or in person, and often daily via text when things were busy. It was very reassuring to know he was there to answer any of our questions or address our concerns. When issues came up during demolition, as they are bound to do, our Project Manager worked hard with us to find the best cost effective solution, and made sure we were promptly updated with any changes.
We were also impressed with the quality of work. From the designer who worked hard with us to create a beautiful vision within a complicated space, to the trades who turned that vision into a reality. They were all very pleasant, knowledgeable and patient with us. They all took the time to answer our questions and discuss the work they were completing. We always felt fully informed and never felt we were being disruptive. They were also all great at brainstorming with us and the Project Manager when problems arose. At the end of the day, we always came home to a clean and tidy job site. Our project even completed ahead of schedule! Our Project Manager was great at having all of the trades scheduled to come and do their work.
Now that the job is done, we are impressed by the level of craftsmanship, and we are very pleased at how much more functional and attractive our kitchen is thanks to the help of the designer.
Our only suggestion for improvement would be to revisit the design after the demolition stage and rough construction is done. Sometimes structural issues during demolition result in changes that have an unintended impact on the design.
We are recommending VGC to anyone who asks, and one of our friends have already gone in for a quote.

Thank you, Tammy and Silas, we are so happy to have had the opportunity to work with such an amazing family. Thank you for welcoming us into your home and being an absolute pleasure to work with. We hope that you enjoy the renovation for many years to come, and we appreciate the referral as that is the greatest compliment you can give us.

Hussain Khatheer​

More about Vancouver General Contractors

At Vancouver General Contractors our mission is to provide our clients with an amazing experience in transforming their home into beautiful functional art that reflects the lifestyle they choose to lead. Vancouver General Contractors’ entire process is geared towards putting the customer first. Vancouver General Contractors’ Code of Business Practices ensures ethics and integrity are at the top of our priority list when serving our clients. We offer a fixed price, and a two-year warranty on our work, so the customer knows we are working for them. We strive to educate the customer through the complexities of the construction industry and build process to ensure the customer realizes their dream and their budget!

We are an award winning company specializing in green-built projects, mobility accessibility, custom homes, additions and major renovations. Call us for a free onsite consultation and we will bring your vision to life!