Building Ideas Inc.

Toronto ON M9N 3B7

Reviews for Building Ideas Inc.

Bret
Bret

Great work, on time, on budget

José and his team were great. They performed a number of repairs, modified and installed interior fixtures, and installed new outdoor pot lights. The work was all done cleanly and attractively, at the quoted price.

Would definitely recommend José and crew!

thanks!

Bret,

for your review, we look forward to helping you
in the future.

José and team,

Peter
Peter

Furnace replacement

I'm so glad I met Jose from Building Ideas.

A day before XMAS our furnace broke down. I called three companies from the list of best Homestars- First one was busy no appt, second one was Jose he said he will come in at the end of the day, the third company was available right away so I got him in. He said our furnace is very old and needed to be replaced and it will cost $4500 plus tax. I said yes go ahead as it was XMAS and I was afraid there will be nobody to help us with this dire situation.

I called back Building Ideas and explained Jose what was happening. He wasn't upset but calmly explained what was happening and told me what he is going to do. He was very straight forward on the phone . Boy I'm glad I believed him and cancelled the other person.

When Jose came he was professional, clean, covered entry way and staircase . His quote was $200 to fix the furnace. I asked him the replacement cost and decided to replace the furnace anyways as it was very old. He came the next day on XMAS eve and worked the whole day - not only installed the brand new furnace but also fixed leaky humidifier replaced valves that was leaking and replaced plastic floppy ent with metal ones.

I was always asking Jose questions and he always answered me patiently. I highly recommend Jose for his honesty, cleanliness, straight forwardness and his expertise.

Electrical work for custom lighting

Jose went above and beyong to provide very honest and professional service for a custom lighting fixture. Would highly recommend for any electrical work.

Junsoo
Junsoo

Electrical upgrade to code

Water Heater got red tagged so we procured Building Ideas to fix the electrical deficiencies. Jose was very knowledgeable in both electrical and gas. Will reach out to Jose again for future works.

thanks, Junsoo, for your review. we hope that we can continue helping you in the future

Linda
Linda

Efficient, professional and clean

We had Jose and Adrian add a dedicated outlet to our basement and garage, remove some old wiring, & add receptacle on ceiling of garage for some new lighting we wanted to install. Jose was very responsive and professional from the start. He came on time, cleaned up after the job was done and was friendly. These guys are HASSLE-FREE and reliable.

We will hire Jose again for future jobs since he was such a pleasure to work with.

thanks Linda for your review

Manuel in Oakville
Manuel in Oakville

Furnace fix

My furnace was not consistently working for few days, I got a differente contractor for getting it fixed and they weren't able to do it after 4 unsuccessful and paid visits, thus I contact them and in 1.5 hours they were able to provide a diagnosis and fix the issue. They were very clear on the explanation of the issue and the solution.

thanks,
Manuel, for your review, we look forward to help you in the future

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Wirknt Power Generator

Amazing job. Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. He pointed out code violations from others work which he remedied without a charge.

WENDY
WENDY

Electrical inspection and upgrade to code.

Jose was very professional, and always arrived at the promised time. I think he did a good job, I love the new lights he installed, but he did leave my waterbed heater unplugged, which was a bit disappointing. I would use him again for any further electrical work

I am sorry about your water heater plug
I didn't notice, as I did mention on site
My apologies

Pauline
Pauline

Installed Timer Switches

This is my second time using Building Ideas, and I couldn't be happier. Both times, Jose responded immediately to a call, and quickly scheduled a call. He was knowledgeable and friendly, and performed the job quickly. Would definitely recommend Building Ideas.

thank you very much!
for your review, Pauline.

Zoran Trpeski in Etobicoke
Zoran Trpeski in Etobicoke

Dead duct in master bedroom

Jose came to repair a duct in crawling space entering our master bedroom. After not easy job as crawling space is tiny, job was finished. Finally, our room is wormer than before. Jose showed on time and finish the job efficiently. If you want job done call Building Ideas and Jose.

thank you very much!