Building Ideas Inc.

Toronto ON M9N 3B7

Reviews for Building Ideas Inc.

Blaise
Blaise

Excellent air conditioning solution!

José and his team did an excellent job removing my old air conditioning unit and installing a new one. The work was fast, on budget, and very well done. José delivered what he promised - on budget. Highly recommend!

thanks!
Blaise,

John in Ottawa
John in Ottawa

I've hired BI twice: satisfied both times

José is one of those service providers who makes you feel like hes on your side. Hes clearly motivated to be successful, but he knows the best way to do that is to do right by the customer. He responds quickly to messages, gives sound advice, and is a pleasure to work with.

thanks,John
for your review

José

Job well done, professional, timely.

Jose was able to do our job quickly and for the price quoted. He was professional and punctual. Would use him again and recommend him to others.

Replaced Faulty Washing Machine Outlet

Jose was amazing! The washing machine at my Dads stopped working on Good Friday. I sent a text to Jose anticipating that I would hear back the following Tuesday. He responded immediately and set up a date to repair the outlet right away. He was punctual, super friendly and focused on safety. He communicated the issues clearly, showing us what needed repair and why and managed the whole fix swiftly! I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him and the quality of his work! Thank you so much, Jose!

you are very welcome!

José

Gavin in Toronto
Gavin in Toronto

Kitchen Appliance Installation

Jose & Team were exceptional.

The work done by prior contractors was done in 80s and was poorly done to say it best. Jose and the team installed all the new appliances properly and at a reasonable price. Such a difference when you have a professional who takes pride in their work. My parents are in their 80s and I needed someone who I could trust - and I can highly recommend Jose and his team.

thanks!

Gavin,

Jose and team

kamran in Toronto
kamran in Toronto

Furnace and cooling system replacement

I have been dealing with this company for 5 years and they have never failed me. So when I had to replace my tailor made unit it was an easy decision.
In short I could say Building Ideas people are professionals, offer good value and product quality and when they finish the leave the place clean.
I highly recommended their devices.

thank you very much!

Sir Kamran,

for your review, it is much appreciated

José and team,

Ian
Ian

Phenomenal talent & industry from Jose to install tankless water heater & repair furnace

José is scrupulously honest, talented at his craft, & hard-working. He gave us excellent advice on which water heater make, model & size to use for our home. Unlike salespeople who came to quote, he took the time to measure the water pressure to make sure that it was sufficient for a tankless. He carefully explained all of the pros & cons of tankless vs traditional water heater with a tank & it was important to him that we understood our choices.

In the space of an extremely long day (~14 hours) he worked tirelessly to install a new tankless water heater, & service & repair our furnace.

These are tasks that José would normally tackle in a half of that time. However, he had to rectify horrors left by previous cowboy installers both in the natural gas plumbing, the water plumbing (which was leaking), the venting for the furnace (which was completely illegal & unsafe, it turned out), & in the furnace installation itself.

At every fresh challenge that Jose uncovered, he exercised his skill to make all pipework safe, tidy, & up to code, with accessible taps & stopcocks, changing the diameter & material of the gas & water pipes when necessary. His work with the electrics was of a similar high standard.

After 14 hours of non-stop work, our basement was almost unrecognisable. Jose is very meticulous about his work, and almost fanatical about safety & doing the job to his high standards. His high ratings on HomeStars are 100% deserved. He is the heating/cooling engineer & electrician that you dream of finding. I recommend him very highly.

We are also grateful to the long day of work put in by his colleague from Building Ideas, who did excellent work too.

Both the water heater & furnace are now working perfectly, & we have peace of mind that both are properly installed & maintained. Many thanks José. We will be grateful for your hard work for years to come.

thank you very much !

Ian, for your review, we look forward to helping you in the future.

Dan Nguyen
Dan Nguyen
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Level 2 EV charger installation

I have had Jose come on several occasions to do various work around my house. He stops at nothing to ensure that the job is done properly, efficiently, and most importantly, safely and to code. Jose does a fantastic job at explaining the work he needs to do and even provided me education and knowledge for any questions or concerns I had.

Reliable, resourceful, efficient, fair, honest, earnest, friendly, and an expert at his craft. What else needs to be said?

thanks,

Dan,

for your review. we look forward to helping you.

Debbie in Toronto
Debbie in Toronto

Fantastic job!

I am thrilled with Jose's workmanship! We just had a new electric plug installed for the water heater and there is no visible wires anywhere leading from the fuse box to the panel. He worked his magic and did an outstanding job in 30 minutes! I will call upon him again whenever I need electrical services for sure and I highly recommend his work!

thank you!

Debbie,

Best Regards,

José & Team

Install new water heater in our home

Our water tank died. Another service person attempted to repair and failed. We found Jose here on homestars. He was fantastic. He responded quickly. He came by and assessed. He really tried to fix it but it was old and done. He was very competent and fair. He removed the old one. Disposed of it. Cleaned up everything spotless. He recommended the new water heater, bought it and installed it. Clean work, nice guy, totally fair. We would highly recommend him