Building Ideas

Toronto ON M9N 3B7

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Building Ideas

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

great service

What contractor is honest enough to suggest less expensive ways to fix a malfunctioning air conditioner unit? That's what Jose did at least three times!
In the past, others had just said " just buy a new system", without fully investigating the problem. Of course, had we done this, it would of cost far more than what Jose did to fix the system.
Jose's fully explained everything he did, and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently.
He also gives back to the community by apprenticing young trainees while out on jobs.
So here you have an honest contractor, doing great work, and helping others at the same time What more can you ask for?
If you have a HVAC problem, get Jose to help--- you won't regret it.

i

thank you for your review Paul, we look forward to help you in the future

TL from Toronto
TL from Toronto

Professional, collaborative and responsive

Jose & his apprentice installed a 3 unit ductless split (AC) system for our house. Jose was great in listening to our preferences and providing us his point of view on pros/cons so that we could make informed decisions.

He and his apprentice were very respectful of our home, careful & clean. He was also very responsive and clear on his timelines and process.

I highly recommend Jose and would hire him again any day.

thank you for your review we look forward to help you in the future

Cindy in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

GREAT Work!

Jose and his apprentice came and did great work! He contacted me within minutes of my ad being posted. He was courteous to let me know the night before that he would be an hour delayed. They were both very friendly and very helpful with our needs. We even talked about potential future projects. I would definitely recommend his services!

thanks Cindy for your review we look forward to help you in the future

Lak
Lak

Chandelier & Pendant fixtures installed

José' was friendly, meticulous, respectful and jovial during the installation. It was a pleasure to deal with him and his company! I would recommend his services! Thank you for your work!

Kenneth in Toronto
Kenneth in Toronto

Outlet replacement and rewiring

We had an issue with a dryer receptacle (not working, scorch marks) in a rental unit and needed to resolve it ASAP. We submitted our request to HomeStars and Jose called us within 10 minutes of making the request. Thankfully he turned out to be the ultimate professional. He was responsive, on-time, and very knowledgeable. He communicated effectively and we were able to coordinate with him over the phone, which as a landlord, was extremely convenient. He provided photos with his initial assessment, and of his completed work. Our experience with Building Ideas Inc. was nothing but A+. Exceptional service! We will not hesitate to call him again in future when needed. Thank you Jose and team!

thank you very much for your review we look forward to help youi. the future

John in Toronto
John in Toronto
4 reviews Newmarket, ON

Honest, knowledgeable and very reliable

I was originally looking for an electrician to change our light fixtures and replace our old hood fan with a new one, as I had just moved into a new home.

Out of all the electricians I had spoken with, Jose was the only one who followed-up and explained everything in detail regarding what needed to be done and made me feel more comfortable working with him. The rest of the electricians I had spoken with didn't seem to care much.

At that point, I knew I could trust him, in which trust became the primary reason for choosing him over the other electricians due to his sincerity and knowledge in his respective field, plus he was very fair with his pricing.

Jose came on time with all the tools he needed to get the job done, especially for the complicated work that needed to be done with my hood fan due to the layout of my kitchen and the cabinets. I kept worrying days before he came about how we could make it work, though Jose's extensive experience and skills made it happen.

Since he was already at my home, I had also asked him to look into the home inspection report, which I am beyond glad that I did, as I had learned that the existing wiring for my AC was a bit too small for the electric current passing through it and poses a safety risk for my home and family.

After that was done, he also uncovered that the previous work done with my existing HVAC was not correctly wired, which I would not have known that my AC was not properly wired when summer time came, had Jose not caught the error of the previous contractors, hence he also fixed that for me.

Everything was done beyond our expectations and my wife is very happy with everything, especially the quality of work and the outcome of the project.

I highly recommend Jose for any HVAC and electrical work, and I will definitely recommend his services to anyone in my network, as well as for my own future projects.

Thank you again and I look forward to contacting you again on my next projects!

thank you very much for your review we look forward to help you with your future projects
José

Vicente
Vicente

Outlet fixed

Jose was very quick replying to my post, coming to my place and getting the work done. Punctual, professional and reliable. I definitely recommend Jose to whomever needs an electrical service and I'll be calling him back if something comes up.

Electrical service by Jose

Jose took care of us. He is concerned about doing quality work and his reputation. I would hire him for additional work without reservations.
He is communicative and easy to get along with.

thank you very much for your, review we look forward to help you in the
future.

Excellent All Around

We have been helped by José two times. First, we contacted him because we needed an a/c tune-up, but wanted to ask someone who mentioned HVAC experience as well, as our new house had poor heat/cooling flow to the 2nd floor. During the visit he noted that we had an a/c leak. Even though he sells new units, he didn’t try to push this, instead trying to work with a fix that could give us more life on our ~13 y.o. unit. Meanwhile, he was incredibly informative with our HVAC situation and confidently described a fix, showing drawings and explaining why this would work. His proposal was different than other things we had heard. After some debate, we decided to go with the HVAC
fix and get a new a/c as the interior pipework was already being moved around. While the total job was not cheap, based on other sources I think it was very fair, and most importantly I was convinced that I was paying someone with lots of skill and experience who knew what they were doing. His HVAC fix has completely transformed our house. He explained that we were getting 30% of our efficiency potential and said his fix would likely get us to 80%. Based on heat flow, it has surpassed this. We went from needing an infrared heater upstairs at times to being almost too hot! The basement heat is also better. Second call: our furnace started leaking water after its first use of the season. José explained what he thought it may be, and was able to come over to check. He fixed the problem (damaged gasket) and did the furnace tune-up we needed as well, explaining that one sensor was corroded. He explained the symptoms to watch out for if it ever malfunctions. Based on these two visits, I would give José the highest rating and be very confident to call him with any heating/cooling/HVAC needs.

thank you very much for your review we look forward to help you with your service in the future

Awesome service

Professional service, great recommendations. Fixed problem at my condo efficiently. Direct and consistent services. Excellent