Building Ideas

Reviews for Building Ideas

Paul
Paul

Networks Jacks and Cable Runs for Cameras

Jose was great. Came to install network jacks on each floor in a three story house. The job kind of grew as he was working and I asked him to run some cable for cameras, and install an exhaust fan.

Very happy with the work, and I wouldn't hesitate to hire Jose again in the future.

thanks!! Paul for your review

margo from North York
margo from North York

Heating and Air Conditioning

Jose has been doing work for me for a number of years. He has replaced my furnace, my air conditioner, and a humidifier. His work is good, his prices are fair and when needed, he is there promptly. I would recommend Jose to anyone.

thanks you so much for your review

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto

Very responsive

Needed two tasks done to complete/repair work done by other contractors. Jose was very quick to reply and came to do the work quickly. Appreciated his straightforward advice. Would call him again for future work.

thanks! Mike for you review.

Kathy in Toronto
Kathy in Toronto

What a find these guys are!!

I hired Building Ideas to help with a kitchen renovation I was doing. Jose and his assistant, Ronald, were prompt, professional, organized, knowledgeable, honest, and reasonable. Jose always thought and planned ahead and has a real head for detail. He kept ME on track. All these traits are rare in themselves. But to find all in one contractor someone who excels at HVAC, electrical, and plumbing?--now THAT is worth its weight in gold. Recommend without reservation!

thanks!! you very much. Kathy for your review

Aaron in Toronto
Aaron in Toronto

Hotwater repair and replacement, furnace retrofitting

I can't speak highly enough of the service I received from Jose and his team. His customer service, expertise and professionalism stands out to me in the sea of technicians.

I called Jose to service my water heater as it wasn't operating. He came by and replaced the burner as it had corroded and wasn't igniting anymore. While he was here I got a quote on a water heater replacement as my current water heater was over 20 years old. Jose also noted that there was issues with the installation of my furnace which my previous contractor installed without gas testing and not up to code. As a result about a month later I had Jose come back in to install a new water heater (shown in the picture below) along with correcting the incompetence of the previous contractor.

I intend on having Jose do some additional electrical and air conditioning work on my house either later this year or next year. I truly wish him the best with his business as trade people like him are few and far between.

Thanks Very Much !! Aaron for your review it was a pleasure to service you.I hope that we could help you again. Have a nice happy summer
Best Regards
Jose

Chris from Old Toronto
Chris from Old Toronto

Ductwork and Air Conditioning

Jose contacted us immediately and put together a detailed quote the next day. We had been communicating with other companies as well and had an opportunity to compare multiple quotes. Jose's was the lowest and contained the most specific information.

Once we decided to move forward with Building Ideas, the work was done within one week, and was top notch. Jose walked us through the completed project, and then asked us about our air conditioning unit.

He calmly explained to us that we could keep our old unit, but since it was 30 years old, it made sense to have everything updated to keep the system efficient and also limit costs. There was absolutely no pressure, and he left the decision to us.

Once we decided to upgrade the a/c unit, it was delivered the next day and installed. Jose was professional, communicative, informative and just plain nice. We would recommend him and Building Ideas to anyone in need of heating, a/c or ductwork.

thanks you very much ! chris and Maggie for your nice review I was really nice working with you
thanks
Jose

harry barry in Old Toronto
harry barry in Old Toronto

Heating and Air conditioning Commercial and Home servive

I have had the pleasure of knowing Jose for over 15 years.
In that time we have worked together on repairs/maintenance & purchases of all my Heating and A/C requirements. From Installation to service .Day or night Jose and his work partners have always been 100% committed.

This is a top notch professional company and I am more than willing to give them 10 out of 10 on all fronts.

Gerry Boushel

thanks very much Gerry for your review we are willi to keep helping you and to maintain the quality of work

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

New Furnace

We needed a new furnace and we are really happy with the result. Jose made a really professional job, we discussed different options and he found the product that we needed and in a budget. The work was fast and well done, the crew put a new furnace in a day, and we are really pleased with the results. Now we are looking forward to hire them to upgrade our AC.

thanks Tanai and Andrea for your nice review and look forward to help you with your new ac unit
Jose.

Scott & Shannon in Toronto
Scott & Shannon in Toronto

Boiler and Radiators to finished basement

I needed a heating (boiler) contractor to install new radiators while finishing my basement. Jose installed new radiators in my basement and modified the existing manifold & main runs to other radiators in the house.

The work was completed in 2015 and I have not had any issues. He offered good advice, worked well with other contractors and the quality of work and service was A+.

I have also asked him for advice on a few smaller projects and he's been great (saved me money).

I plan on using Building Ideas for future mechanical (boiler & A/C) upgrades.

Thanks,
Scott for your very nice review
Best Regars
Jose.

Marc in Toronto
Marc in Toronto

Duct work

Great work. Jose was very professional and prompt. I was very impressed by the quality of his work. Within a short time of dealing with Jose it was clear that I could be confident of the quality of his work.He explained everything clearly and delivered on everything that he said he would do.

thanks Marc for your nice review and now I do know that your name is Marc no Marcos 🤣🤣

More about Building Ideas

TSSA HEATING; TSSA GAS; Fully Licensed Electrician;
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic
Master Electrician Licence

Heating & Air Conditioning and Electricians
Electrical Wiring for Home Addition; Electrical Wiring or Panel Upgrade; Interior Lighting Design Plan; Home Automation System; Generator Install; Generator Repair; Install Electrical Switches, Outlets, or Fixtures; Install Electric Vehicle Charging Station; Install Electric Vehicle Charging Station (Materials Provided by Homeowner); Install Electric Vehicle Charging Station (Materials Not Provided); Install Fixed Generator; Electric Baseboard Heater Repair; Thermostat Install; Thermostat Repair; Install Central Air Conditioning; Repair Central Air Conditioning; Install Water Heater; Repair or Service Water Heater; Sauna Install; Sauna Repair; Install Attic or Whole House Fan; Repair Attic or Whole House Fan; Install Swamp Cooler; Repair Swamp Cooler; Install Heat Pump; Repair Heat Pump; Install Geothermal Heating or Cooling System; Service Geothermal Heating or Cooling System; Install Window AC Unit; Service or Relocate Window AC Unit; Install Outdoor Mist Cooling System; Service Outdoor Mist Cooling System; Install Radiant Floor Heating; Repair Radiant Floor Heating; Install Radiant Panel Heating Unit; Repair Radiant Panel Heating Unit; Install Solar Panels; Repair Solar Panels; Install Central Humidifier; Repair Central Humidifier; Install Central Air Cleaner; Repair Central Air Cleaner; Repair Refrigeration System; Install Refrigeration System; Gas Piping; Install Solar Water Heater; Repair Solar Water Heater; Install Ducts and Vents; Install Water or Fuel Tank; Remove Water Or Fuel Tank; Install Electric Baseboard or Wall Heater; Home Energy Audit; Clean Dryer Vents; Install Gas Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Install Oil Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Repair Gas Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Repair Oil Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Install Gas Boiler or Radiator; Install Oil Boiler or Radiator; Repair Gas Boiler or Radiator; Repair Oil Boiler or Radiator; Install Tankless Water Heater; Repair Tankless Water Heater; Install Electric Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Repair Electric Furnace / Forced Air Heating System; Install Electric Boiler or Radiator; Repair Electric Boiler or Radiator;
2001
E-Transfer; Cash; Checks
TSSA HEATING; TSSA GAS; Fully Licensed Electrician;
Yes, please ask for details