Cargo Cabbie

Moving & Storage
401 Logan Ave. TORONTO ON M4M 2P2
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Toronto  >  Cargo Cabbie
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Cargo Cabbie

ShawnKirkby  in Toronto

Wraught with difficulties, complications and many tears, the ONLY good part of our move was Cargo Cabbie! From the get-go, the movers were hard-working, pleasant and professional, loading the contents of our apartment in the exact amount of time quoted during booking. If anyone else has closed on their sale and purchase on the same day, you'll know that obtaining the keys from your new place is an unpleasant waiting game. For us, this game turned torturous as a bank glitch caused us to have to wait all day for our keys, leaving Cargo Cabbie waiting outside of our locked house, with all of our belongings until approved by the lawyers to go in. The staff cancelled jobs to ensure our belongings weren't left out on the street and stayed in contact with me all day, ensuring my mind was at ease while I was trapped in my lawyer's office waiting for the keys. After a lot of waiting (and a lot of sobbing) I finally got the go-ahead and the movers were let in to complete the move while I made my way back to our new home.

At this point, I was exhausted and sad and all I wanted to do was go to sleep and I couldn't even do that as I'd have to put my bed together! Suffice it to say, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. When I got there, the movers were so lovely and kind to me and showed me where they moved everything and surprised me by HAVING PUT MY BED TOGETHER for me to sleep on! I could have cried. It was so wonderful to see that they had the compassion to go that extra mile.

Not to mention that when they were packing up, the company supervisor spoke to me on the phone and offered a discount for all of my troubles!

Cargo Cabbie is the ONLY company I would trust for my future moves. They proved themselves to be truly the best in their field.

I need to give a special shout-out to our movers, Jack, Luke and Mike - thanks for going that extra mile! Xoxo.

Sincerely,

Sandra in Toronto

Hi Sandra and Shawn,
Thank you so much for trusting us with your move, it was a pleasure to help! We know that move day can be a stressful one, especially when you're coordinating so many different parties on the same day. We strive to prevent issues before they happen, but of course some things are just out of our control. Still, we have your back! When we tell you to call us for any reason, we mean it! We are here to help. Jack, Luke, and Mike were happy to make sure that you that you had a bed to come home to and I truly hope that you both are settling into your new space. If you need anything at all in the future, let us know!
All the best from Javier and the Cargo Cabbie family!

John

I didn't think finding an honest and friendly moving company was possible. My job was relatively modest (1 bed condo moving within the city), and I'm most impressed that there was no attempt at nickel-and-diming. Graham and George worked quickly but carefully, and the job was done an hour less than estimated. Great communication with the office team beforehand set a high expectation that this would be a job well done, and that expectation was completely met on the day. Well done everyone, I will send friends and family your way.

Job Price

Hi John, thank you for sharing your experience! No matter the size of your move, what you see is what you get and we pride ourselves on being upfront about everything from the very beginning. Communication is key, between you, our office, and the crews on the road to make sure move day goes flawlessly. I hope you will get in touch if you need anything else in the future! Until then, enjoy settling into your new space! From Javier, Graham, George, and the rest of the team!

Cargo Cabbie exceeded all my expectations. They made our moving experience a lot less stressful. Moving a 3 story house can be daunting but Cargo Cabbie took control of the situation, walked through our belongings, moved them with care and placed them exactly where we needed them in our new home!

Job Price

Hello and thank you for the positive words! It's your feedback that truly helps small businesses like ours get the word out about the Cargo Cabbie difference. From the smallest moves to the biggest, moving is what we do! I wish you all the best settling into your new home! From Javier and The Team

Cargo Cabbie is by far the best moving company I have ever dealt with in the last 30 years and they are the model by which all service companies should measure themselves. Their online tools provide excellent and timely upfront information and quotations. They use easy online payment options, quote updates, etc. But best of all, this professionalism is FULLY carried out by their actual moving teams who are on-time, experienced, considerate, professional and go above and beyond to make your move a success. Kudos!!!

Job Price

Hello and thank you for the kind words! We know that move day can be a tumultuous one - we deal with it every day. This is why we have worked so hard to create the service that we offer, from the booking stage right through to the end of move day itself. While we do take pride in our easy, streamlined online booking system, we also know that nothing compares with connecting over the phone with our friendly coordinators in the office. The same goes for our wonderful crew members, who love what they do. We're glad it shows! If you need anything at all in the future, please get back in touch. We are here to help!
All the best from Javier and the Cargo Cabbie Team

Winnie in Toronto

I am updating the review as the owner Javier called me and offered a 2 hr refund for the situation. This brings my total cost down to 3800 roughly. Javier was polite and sincere in his communication with me, and I appreciate that they cared about their client satisfaction.

Original review below:

The crew was professional and prompt and we hate to say anything bad about this company, but at the end we regret the choice. For a 2 bedroom townhouse worth of stuff, we had to ask them to pick up from two locations since we had moved most boxes and some larger items ourselves to my parents when we were staging our place. From RH to Scarborough they took over an hour to arrive at the second location. I honestly thought they took a quick coffee or lunch break and that was fine. I knew we were being charged for that time. Then from Scarborough to Niagara, door to door, they took 3.5 hrs. I know traffic was bad because my husband was driving there himself. And he said it took him 2 hrs and 20 mins. So again I thought they took an hour lunch because they asked my mom before they left where they can go for lunch in the neighborhood. On my final bill they put down 15 mins for lunch.
Anyway, out of the 10.5 hr I got charged, nearly half of that was spent on travel and break. In the estimate there was already a travel charge of $700 that said Richmond Hill to Niagara Falls for a flat rate based on distance. When I discussed this on the phone they told me so the travel time doesn't count towards the hours. But of course at the end it did. And they said there's no way any of them would have said that because that's how their company operated. And that travel charge was to get their crew back to Toronto. That was the first time I heard that. I would have considered going to another mover if they were to say that up front, and given that we were being charged for 5 movers to go to Niagara falls I would have just gone to another company that would take just 2 or 3 movers if I have to pay for their travel tome.

They estimated and sent 5 people to move a two bedroom house worth of stuff (again I accepted the estimate because I thought travel time to Niagara was a flat rate of $700 so I guess they wanted to send 5 people to be efficient with the rest of the move). They charged 10.5 hrs for all 5 people. They took their time too. My parents were laughing because my mom said each of these big guys were carrying a small box at a time that it looked ridiculous to her. Not that I didn't expect that from any moving company.

Anyway, nice crew, but given that there's nothing fancy in our stuff I should have gone with a cheaper company. I just thought the ratings are so good I would trust them more. They estimated $3500 and I was so sure they didn't need 8.5 hrs estimated to complete the little move we had. It was of course naive of me to think you could end up paying less than the estimate. But at the end we paid $4500 for this move. We had one couch, one queen bed set, a double mattress, a TV media storage, a tall book case, a BBQ, a set of patio chairs, a large TV and a small tv. A dresser and a baby crib and dresser. A chair. An already disassembled desk and table, and foldable chairs. A bunch of small to medium size boxes. Seriously we didn't even fill up our two bedroom townhouse as is. My mom's friend moved from a 4000sq ft house and spent $1000 for movers to move furniture within the same neighborhood. It took two people 10 hrs too. I am sure the crew wouldn't have been as polite or detailed as Cargo Cabbie but yeah in my opinion it's not worth the price. Seriously $4500...

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Winnie,
Thank you for your feedback, and we are very thankful for your business. We always strive to receive a 10-star rating from all our clients and we don’t want you to go away feeling badly.
All our staff is well-versed on the way we operate. In terms of billable hours, the clock starts when we arrive at the pick-up location and stops when we put the last piece of furniture at the drop-off location. The client pays for all the time used therein (we do not stop the clock between locations). There was a travel charge due to the pick and drop off locations being out of our service area (Richmond Hill and Niagara Falls). We are always open and transparent about all our rates / travel fees, and these are also clearly stated on the estimate. The distance between locations was long (from Richmond Hill to Scarborough and then to Niagara Falls), and it is unfortunate that there was traffic on the QEW. This is something beyond our control and in part why the move took longer than expected.
Our crew did the best they could, and our Operations Manager, Jonathan, who was on the job confirmed that the crew only took a short 15-minute break (our clients do not pay for crew breaks).
Again, we are very sorry that you are unhappy with the duration of your move. We would like to see if we can offer you a more satisfactory resolution. I have left a voicemail on your phone, please contact me directly to see if we can work something out. Ultimately, we do not want to finish on a bad note with you or with any of our customers!
Kind regards,
Javier
President and Owner

Trish

Thank you Cargo Cabbie for making my moving day a fabulous one! Moving is not fun, it's upheaval any way you slice it, but everyone at Cargo Cabbie, the office team and my moving crew (Graham and Stephen) made my moving experience a great one. It was a hot day on June 30, and I had a couple of pick up locations, and a tight elevator booking time at my destination, but the guys worked just a hard and just as fast under the sweltering sun. They loaded up the truck like a Rubik's Cube (they are master packers) and got all of my items into my new home in perfect condition. I loved how the guys were super friendly, polite and professional, I would use this company again in a snap, and will recommend them to all my friends and family :) Thank you Cargo Cabbie! You truly are the best.

Job Price

Hi Trish! Thank you for the wonderful words; we are glad to have made your move day a smooth one. Every move is different, and our team is no stranger to dealing with whatever is thrown their way - multiple pick-ups, tricky buildings, or even mother nature. It's what we do and we love it! If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to give us a call! All the best settling into your new space from Javier, Graham, Stephen, and the rest of the team.

Excellent service! I got moved across town by a Cargo Cabbie van in under 3 hrs, movers were friendly, skilled and took care of my things! Would recommend! Thanks again J and Cargo Cabbie!
- Kevin

Job Price

Thanks Kevin! We are glad that our Express cargo van service could help! Feel free to get in touch if we can be of any assistance with any future moves. All the best! The Awesome moving team at Cargo Cabbie Toronto

Cargo Cabbie is a fantastic company. From the moment we reached out and talked to Kate to the moving crew led by Clayton, Jonathon, Angus and Michael, the experience was incredibly positive. You know how stressful a move can be? Well, hire Cargo Cabbie and you can start to relax a little. Seriously.

We were moving for the first time in 15 years, and moving to a smaller home meant we had to put some belongings into storage. We rented bins and purchased some storage supplies, which were dropped off a few days before.

The day of the move the crew showed up on time, identified the leads for us in case we had any questions, and got to it. We were so impressed by their teamwork - constantly communicating, coordinating, and working closely together to get the job done right. Cargo Cabbie has a "no touch" policy so nothing directly touches the side of the van, this means individually wrapping furniture, art, whatever is needed to make sure everything arrives in the same condition it left. They also care about their people, so a lot of attention is paid to making sure nothing and no one gets hurt.

The unloading and placement of furniture in our new home was quick and efficient, including hauling our box spring up to the third floor balcony when it wouldn't fit up the stairs! In the end, things took a little longer than anticipated - but no problem - they sent another crew member out to speed things up - at no extra cost.

Thanks to Javier and everyone at Cargo Cabbie we are now happily in our new home, truly amazed at how smoothly it went.

Job Price

Hello and thank you for the glowing words, Louise! It was an absolute pleasure to assist with your move, from start to finish. Moving is a process; we know that. With us, it starts right here at home. All of our crew members are thoroughly trained onsite, in both moving techniques and customer service. From the moment that we make contact with you here in the office, the goal is to make all of your move-related days a breeze - we are here for you! I'm glad that we could make your day a smooth one, and I wish you all the best in your new home. If you need anything at all in the future, just give us a call! From Javier and the Cargo Cabbie Family!

We had an amazing experience with Cargo Cabbie! They moved our two bedroom condo seamlessly with no stress. We ran out of time leading up to the move so even had the guys supply the gear and pack up our stuff. What a great service! Jonathon and his crew were very professional and reliable. We'd highly recommend them and will be sure to spread the word to our friends looking to move.

Job Price

Hello and thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to assist with the move. Time flies leading up to move day, especially when you're coordinating so many different aspects at once. We're always ready to help tie up those loose ends - that's why we make sure our trucks are fully stocked with everything you might need. From supplies to pack, to tool kits for disassembly, Cargo Cabbie has you covered. Thanks for spreading the word. We are here to help! Enjoy settling into your new space. From Javier, Jonathan, and the Cargo Cabbie Team.

More about Cargo Cabbie

Cargo Cabbie, Toronto 2017. Top choice for Professional Movers in Toronto has been voted by you, the residents of Toronto, BlogTO, Houzz and HomeStars as “Best moving company in Toronto” Five years in a row. We provide quality, professional moving and packing services and unsurpassed customer service. All of our moving teams are non-smoking, physically fit and in-house trained to ensure that your move is completed quickly and safely. Whether your move or pack is large or small we always do it with a smile, at cost effective rates (no hidden fees).

Our customers are very loyal to us, in fact, 80% of our business is based on repeat customers and customer referrals. At Cargo Cabbie we offer premium professional moving and packing services for all of your Toronto moving needs. We also offer a full line of moving and packing supplies to assist with your pack and move and also rent eco-friendly plastic bins.

We would love to hear from you! Call us today at (647) 478-5422 so we can show you the difference an owner operated business can make! Our reliable and professional Toronto movers and packers are here to help!

Moving & Storage, Self Storage, Organizing Products & Services, Basement Renovation, and Furniture
Moving and packing services, Reusable plastic bin rental, moving and packing supplies
Full service movers,Residential moving & storage,Condo moves, Office moving,commercial relocation,Furniture pick-up and delivery,Single item pickup and delivery,Packing services,In-Home moves,labor help,Ikea furniture assembly,Reusable Plastic bin rental,Box Shop: Moving and packing supplies store,
We're lovers of design, fine art and antiques. Would you trust the people who move the Archibald Prize artworks with your precious antiques and heirlooms? Great, because that's us! Simply tell us when the move will cause the least amount of disruption to your home, office, gallery, store or your space, and we'll be there! Our Vans & moving trucks are NEW, clean & fully equipped.
Friendly, Professional, Reliable, Approachable, clean, respectful, educated, warm & kind. Give us a call to book your next move, pack or to order moving supplies! (647)478-5422
Welcome to Cargo Cabbie! Let us take you on a little tour of our special services! Cargo Cabbie provides high quality professional moving and packing services for all sizes and types of residential and commercial moves. We also have a full-range of moving and packing supplies at our Box Shop that we can deliver straight to your door free of charge, if you live in downtown Toronto. We help with all sizes of moves from three-bedroom houses to single-item deliveries (Cargo Cabbie Express). We also provide in-home moves and on-site loading / unloading, if you are only looking to stage or rearrange your home, or move your furniture out to a pod / truck in your driveway. We can help! We also provide professional packing services if you would like help packing and/or unpacking your home or office. You have the option of purchasing cardboard boxes or renting our eco-friendly plastic bins, whether we do the packing or you do. Our crews are also skilled at furniture assembly / disassembly, if you have one or a few items you would like help with. Whatever your moving or packing needs, we can help! Come and visit our Box Shop online or onsite (Dundas and Carlaw)! We offer all sizes of boxes, bubble wrap, white newsprint, dish and glass kits, shrink wrap, tape, tape dispensers, art/mirror boxes, TV boxes and more! If you are local to us in the downtown core of Toronto we can deliver your order free of charge. We look forward to hearing from you! We're here to help!
2010
CASH / DEBIT / VISA / MASTERCARD
CAM Canadian Association of Movers - CVOR
CAM - BBB / Better Business Bureau -
Small moves: 1 Hour minimum. "One time minimum charge" For mid size and large moves Three(3) hour mi
PROJECT RATE
One time minimum charge for the first hour only, After the first hour min., charges are every 30 min
Customer satisfaction 100% Guaranteed