Out Of This World Home Services

Out Of This World Home Services

Best of 2021 winner 6 timesBest of 2021winner 6 times

Reviews for Out Of This World Home Services

Fought for the client!

After the Ottawa tornado, we had a problem with a broken toilet which was replaced and installed. The toilet was faulty and so Out of This World Home Services tried to get hold of someone at Kohler to have it replaced under warranty. Throughout this process, they emailed me updates, mailed me an appreciation card and stayed on it until our plumber Craig had to get on to head office to advocate for us. And he succeeded after numerous attempts, cut off calls and runaround. He persevered and fought for us. They are incredible to deal with! I highly recommend them!

Scobie in Ottawa
Scobie in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Shower and kitchen sink repairs

Crispin was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. He explained the work needed, and accomplished it efficiently.
I really appreciated the care he took with Covid protocols, and with the plumbing.
Thank you!

Bathtub issue.

Had problem with old bathtub and found Out of this World through HomeStars. They responded promptly and coordinated a site visit to check. Their diagnosis was water ingress between the original tub and previously installed liner, and they recommended a suitable solution without major repair costs. I am thoroughly satisfied with their work.

LMPilecki
LMPilecki

Stop The Leaking Pipe

My 2 cats, Jake and Elwood, got into my small jewelry tray. One earring and a bracelet went down the bathroom sink drain. We got the elbow off and retrieved the items. The elbow didn’t want to tighten back up. I called and they came within an hour. Fixed the problem and did a quick inspection of all the other pipes in the house. The two employees were so professional and extremely knowledgeable. They were cautious about the COVID and took all the right precautions. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Light#01
Light#01

Bathroom toilets replaced

Great experience with Trevor and the team from Out of this World Home Services having all of my toilets replaced. Fast and friendly service with no mess and all the old toilets removed. Highly recommend them! Alixe in Nepean

Fixed kitchen sink

Called to fix leaking piping under the sink and what seemed to be a clogged drain pipe. The office was very helpful and courteous. They had someone come the next day (!!!!), and texted me when he was on the way. They even included a bio. Trevor was great; friendly and professional, and was careful to take COVID precautions. I appreciated that he offered a range of options at different price points and verified with me before proceeding. Two hours later and everything works like a charm. Thank you! I will recommend.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Trevor! We really appreciate your business, and for taking the time to leave a review :)

Plumber to the rescue!

The hot water connection under my kitchen sink suddenly gave way, leading to a Niagara Falls-like deluge from the kitchen and into the basement. Out of this World’s Chris was here within 1.5 hours of my initial call, and quickly got to work. Within an hour, the problem was fixed, he had thrown in a complimentary check of all other sources of water, and was gone. All done with efficiency, good humour, and professionalism.

So glad we could help! Thank you so much for choosing our company, and for taking the time share your positive feedback.

Grant in Ottawa
Grant in Ottawa

Various jobs

BOTTOM LINE: SHOP AROUND.

Unfortunately, I went with this company for a couple plumbing jobs based on the outstanding reviews on here. What did I learn about this company:
- Highest prices around.
- Say they will contact someone to see if they can find parts but the minute they leave, they disappear.
- Charge full price even when they cannot resolve the issue and are out in 10 minutes.
- Errors on estimates and invoices (or forget to send any at all).
- Not the best responsiveness
- Will do the bare minimum

Nice people, their vehicles are shiny? That's about it. I wont be using them again.

Hi Grant,

I am sorry you didn’t have a positive experience with our company. I understand you contacted our office recently to have a quote for a water heater from 2018 updated, and were disappointed to hear the cost had gone up since then. Unfortunately, price increases are inevitable, as the prices from suppliers are raised from time to time as well. As for the concerns you raise in this review: Because the last time we saw you was over 2 years ago, I it's difficult to address your experience with our team now. I’m truly sorry if our customer service policies were not carried out at the time, and I wish we could have addressed them for you then. Thank you for your feedback, and I wish you all the best with your water heater installation.

kms in Ottawa
kms in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Shower repair

I've used Out of this World plumbing for years (they've rebranded since I started using them!) and they've always gone the extra mile. They're always clean, efficient, professional, friendly, and just simply excellent.

I sing their praises to anyone who will listen!

Thank you for the flattering review - and thank you so much for your loyal business over the years! Your recommendation means so much :)

Gerry
Gerry
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fixing a water leak in the kitchen

Gary is awesome to work with. He is very polite and customer oriented. He went all the way to check other possible causes of the water leak. He gives recommendations which I find helpful.

I would hire him again.

Thank you , Gerry! Glad you were pleased with Garry's service :)

More about Out Of This World Home Services

*Formerly DS Plumbing*

Out of This World Home Services is a family owned company offering award winning residential plumbing and water treatment and drain cleaning services to the Ottawa and surrounding area. We look forward to offering HVAC, electrical, and other home services in the near future.

We believe in offering our clients more than just plumbing services; we deliver peace of mind. We proudly offer:
-Quality workmanship backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
-Technician ID’s emailed prior to arrival
-100% Satisfaction Guarantee
-2 year warranty on parts & labour
-Complimentary home plumbing check-up with each service
No job is too small- feel free to call DS Plumbing anytime!

Plumbing and Water Filtration & Purification
In addition to plumbing services, DS Plumbing is also a certified Kinetico water systems dealer. We offer complimentary in-home water testing and consultations; contact our office to book your free appointment!
-Drain cleaning -Faucet installation and repair -Dishwasher installation -Water softeners and other water treatment products & services -Leak locating and repair. -Toilet repairs and installation -Sinks, tubs and showers -Backwater Valves -Sink & vanity installation -Water meter installations. -Natural gas and propane installation service and repair -Bathroom renovations
Certified Kinetico Dealer. Can service & supply: Gerber, American Standard, Toto, Luxart, Moen Woodford, Navien, Rheem + more.
Residential Plumbing & Water Treatment
2004
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Visa, MasterCard, Cheque, Cash, E-transfer
Plumbing, Wells, Backflow prevention, Gas
Better Business Bureau, Ottawa Board of Trade
2 year warranty on all DSP supplied parts & fixtures as well as 2 year guarantee on most labour