Fabricland

NEW WESTMINSTER BC V3M6H6

Reviews for Fabricland

Private User reviews Langley, BC

Fabricland Langley Bypass HORRIBLE BUSINESS

Before you buy ANYTHING, read the small print. I bought a furniture cover set, Took it home, clearly didn't even take it out of the packaging. It didn't fit with the room so I turned around and took it back within a half hour. They would not refund my money showing me a little sticker on the items that apparently says not returnable. My eyes are not good enough to have been able to read it even if I had seen it and of course there was nothing mentioned at the till about it being non-refundable. This is not some small item. It makes me sick that I just threw $150.00 away. What a huge waste. I just cut up my $25.00 card and will NEVER go back.

R from Surrey
R from Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Fabric

I went to Fabricland in New West for my first time a couple of weeks ago to (finally) get fleece for a baby blanket. The ladies there were very helpful, and helped me with all my questions. I ended up getting more than I went for and at a great discount - got an extended student membership for only $17 - paid for it with that purchase!

Laurel in Surrey
Laurel in Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

Decorator hunting for fabric

I have never been treated so badly by a business as I was at Fabricland in Langley! The salespeople almost made an art of snottiness, snobbery, arrogance, uncooperativeness and downright nastiness. I told them I needed a certain number of yards and they sneeered "This is Canada." and refused to cut my fabric until I figured out what I needed in meters. It wasn't until I got home that I realized she had a yard stick mounted on the table. It would have been a simple matter to just cut my yardage, but she refused. When I complained to the manager about the nasty woman's attitude she claimed that woman wasn't working that day. I pointed her out and the manager got huffy that her "mistake" was discovered. They were horribly rude. There is no excuse for this kind of poor salesmanship.

Cheryl Bradley in New westminster
Cheryl Bradley in New westminster
28 reviews New Westminster, BC

Decor for a Party

I do a lot of decorating of different rooms for our "events". We decided to have a retro party for the last birthday of someone turning 30. We wanted it special and it meant a lot of planning and I thought cost as I've gone to get fabric and trim in the past. When I discovered the Fabricland at the bottom of the hill on which I live I was thrilled. I walked in and was greeted with a sales person right away. Told her that I needed draping for a room and possibly some fabric for simple costuming. She was great and took me to the "remenent" area. Found some great pieces for the walls - at 69 cent per meter - what a deal. We managed to get enough fabric to cover the entire room plus enough to make hats for everyone. We really enjoyed the party and the decor was perfect! Can't wait for the next party :)

Alicia in Burnaby
Alicia in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Baby's room

With alot of fabric shops going out of business and fewer button shops around I came across Fabricland in New Westminster and found everything I needed for my recent Baby's Room project. I found a great selection of fabrics, both traditional baby types and more designer patterns. I also got some fabric for covering three picture frames I have and a wide selection of flat buttons in a variety of colours for doing some art projects for the wall-art for baby's room. One package of 30 pink buttons cost about $1.29 with my member discount. A $10 membership annually saves you typically 20-30% off all items in the store with additional savings of 50% and up for drapery and other categories. I love this location; bright, well layed out, friendly and helpful staff make it a joy to spend time there.