HomeStars  >  Demolition in Toronto  >  Canada’s Restoration Services, Mold Detection & Removal, Asbestos & Lead Removal, and Water Damage Restoration
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Canada’s Restoration Services, Mold Detection & Removal, Asbestos & Lead Removal, and Water Damage Restoration

Nancy of North York

Another Contractor told me 'Most people will not post negative reviews' and he recommended that I should do so to let others know. So, it is with a heavy heart I am placing this negative review and rant so others don't experience what I am continuing to try to remedy.

In 2015 we hired Canada's Restoration Services based on all the hundreds positive reviews and having this company being on the Holmes on Homes show. We needed mold remediation just for our cold room (so our kids don't get sick), 3 foot of foundation repair and dry wall restoration.

An availability had finally opened up on August 26, so we took it after waiting a month. They sent contractors Charlie, Ran and their crew to do the work. On the second day another crew came in and one of the contractors noticed the crew from the day before took down an extra (4'x7') interior wall outside of the cold room and also along the bottom of our electrical room. The contractor insisted we were to be charged an additional $600 for this. He said mold must have been hidden behind the wall. I questioned 'How could one see hidden mold behind the wall when the wall was perfectly fine during inspection and if so, why this was this not caught during the initial inspection or even mentioned during the remediation. He didn't give me an explanation. I suspect that the crew mistakenly removed the wall and the contractor decided to charge me for this. Feeling that he wasn't going to allow his crew to move forward to finish the restoration I reluctantly agreed to the additional charges. The project ran late into the 28th of August (day of my 5yr old's birthday at the time), the crew packed up early and left to start another project that they were running late for. The contractor promised his crew would be back soon to finish up the rest.

I thought I would be the ideal client by paying off the invoice early before they finished their work. I took pics of all the work that still needed to be completed. I was expecting the crew to come back the next day. After waiting an entire day, I sent them a friendly reminder and many more reminders via email and phone calls for the past 2 years.

About a year ago, the foundation (that wasn't leaking at the time) finally gave in. Our basement was flooding with every heavy rain fall especially this past spring. No doubt there is also new mold growth with every flood. I persistantly called the company again was informed Charlie would call me back. Most of the time, he doesn't call. I when I finally did get in touch with him, he told me he was going to show up next Tuesday but didn't. I called again and again told me next Tuesday. Miraculously, Charlie arrived just before 10 am.

He never did the work. All he did was inspect the situation and told me that the water leakage was not coming from the cracked foundation and that it was possibly coming from a crack in the footings/underpinning and suspected the water table was overflowing up into our basement when it rained. I suspect he was attempting to defer the leak of the foundation and suspect he was pre-paring me to charge me for additional services to repair a possible crack in the footings/underpinning. For the time being, I decided to put a tarp temporarily over the 'said' foundation to stave off some of the water. He called his 'water' expert guy to come to confirm his suspicions and told me that his guy will call me in a few minutes to make arrangements to inspect the situation ...and then he left. I waited an entire business day and no one called. After coming home from dinner from a neighbour's house, there was a message on my answering machine (time stamped) sometime after 6pm that the water guy arrived (without warning) and was at my door. I called them back and left a message. No one called me back. BTW. It rained heavily the next day and our basement nearly stopped flooding due to placing the tarp over the cracked foundation.

I emailed and called the contractors from Canada's Restoration Services many times over the past 2 years only to discover that the individuals were no longer with the company anymore. I was informed, Ran moved to Calgary, Charlie was no longer with the company and receptionist I was conversing with stopped emailing me and also discovered she left the company. I was pretty much passed on from person to person and when those individuals eventually left, I was left in the dark once again.

I called the company up again recently and referred me again to another individual whom tried to help me. He emailed back and quickly tried to follow up till one day I got no response. I decided to call and was informed by his manager that they were not going to send anyone to finish the work. I didn't understand why and still don't. I paid for the work. I wasn't refunded for incomplete work...as a result our basement floods and small patches of mold are growing. We are a single income family. We paid in full over $5300.00 with our credit card.

I called the main number to see if someone else from the company can help me and got in touch with the new receptionist. I even asked her if she could ask her Manager to send some else. I was informed that the Manager will not send any one else and that it has to be the crew that originally worked on this project. ??? But those contractors are not with the company any more??? **Even if they do show up after 2 yrs, how do I know they are going to finish the job right with all the closeted animosity that's grown over 2yrs??**

....Charlie was scheduled to show up at 9am today. It's after 10am. Still waiting...No one has called. Surprised?? No.

I noticed recently again that all my calls go to voice mail and again no one is returning my calls or emails.

I am so upset. There is now 6-8 feet of foundation needing repair, a leak and mold is growing back some some of the new and old drywall and baseboard as a result (2nd,3rd and 4th pic).

We sunk $5300+ in total into this project. At this point. I want a full refund so I can hire someone else to remedy the current problems properly.

Any suggestions??

10:30am...Someone (New) actually just showed up....After 2yrs and 2.5mths.... Let's see what happens....
1:30pm...Leaves to wait for foundation repair part 1 to set. Promises to come back next day to get supplies to finish the rest.

7pm...Charlie suddenly shows up at my door and informs me that the foundation repair was not part of the project and that the 'foundation repair' was actually to fill in the hole (which is actually a small air vent to the cold room). He added that they installed a bigger air vent to the other side to prevent mold and moisture in the cold room. I disagreed. Mentioned that since the air vent was sealed, even with the bigger vent added to the other side, there was no cross wind or air circulation. I informed him that we put two child car seats into the cold room, only to discover a few months later they were covered in mold and had to be tossed into the garbage. On the initial quote I requested mold remediation of the cold room, foundation repair (parging). The request showed up on my quote and after, on my billing (pic). I remind him again that my bill is quoted ' Sealing the openings on the outside step' then the next line 'and in the foundation'. He's trying to convince me that they are one of the same. He goes on to tell me that the foundation had been leaking in the electrical room corner back in 2015 and there were signs of water and mold. I reminded him that those issues were (pre-existing) caused by a leaking toilet just above the electrical room and had been replaced before his men came in. There were no signs of additional water leaks after the toilet was replace. Again, the leakage began about a year ago but stopped after we put a tarp over where foundation needed parging.

Dana in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Aris came to my home in Hamilton from Toronto to check for mould in the attic. This was a free estimate so I expected he would find something that needed fixing. He found no mould and said I had no problem, but did have moisture and recommended more insulation in the attic, which we have heard before. He then took the time to quote me on another issue I asked about while he was there and sent the quote that night. We plan to put that project off, but it will be Canada Restoration I trust with doing the job. The company also provided me with names of companies in my area that they work with to do the attic insulation and I have always gotten an answer when I call. I found them very helpful and was very impressed someone would come from Toronto for free only to tell me I did not need their services for the issue I had called about.

Greta in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

I called Canada Restoration Services as they had great reviews online. Marat came on short notice and was able to provide me with fast and a fair quote. He is very knowledgeable and very professional. He even followed up a few days after the estimate was provided to see if i had any questions. At the day of treatment Oscar and Lester came for the mold removal. They were such pleasant, humble and hardworking guys that worked non stop to get the job done. I am really happy with the level of professionalism and care that I received from Marat, Lester and Oscar. I highly recommend using Canada Restoration Services, you won't be disappointed!

Good Afternoon Greta,

Thank you for choosing Canada's Restoration Services. We are so glad that you are pleased with the work that was done in your home. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and your kind words.
-Laura

We called Canada’s Restoration Services to help us investigate moldy smell in our basement. We got an appointment the next day, Alex came over, quickly identified the issue, and it is now solved. Their whole team was great and very effective, and Alex was extremely polite and professional. Thanks very much!

Good Afternoon, we are so pleased that we were able to assist in resolving the mold issues in your home.
Thank you again for choosing Canada's Restoration Services.

Please know that if you have any other issues in the future you can contact us at anytime.

Caro B in Longueuil
1 review Longueuil, PQ

Having mold in your house is one of the worst news you can get as a first time home buyer. When we found mold in our basement we were terrified! fortunately Jean Michelle from the CRS home office came to our rescue. We really appreciate the dedication and human touch that Jean and his team have had with use. They successfully removed the mold and have helped us in every way possible to make our home a safe and happy place again. We still have some reconstruction to do, but at least we know nothing is growing in our basement. Thank you guys for the tremendous help, I will never forget all you have done for us. Also, they are super clean and leave everything extremely tidy :)

Hi, We are so glad that we were able to help you get rid of the mold. You are so right! finding mold can be worrisome and overwhelming.
Thank you again for choosing Canada's Restoration Services. Please know you can contact us at anytime in the future if there is anything we can do for you.

Chi-Son in Toronto
1 review Montreal, PQ

Jean-Michel is very professional. Good price. Good work. He was very kind and respectful to advise us in advance if he couldn't make it on certain scheduled days/times. He was also able to acknowledge his limits and refer us to the appropriate person if the work was more specialized as he wants to guarantee good results! (good autocritic!). Thank you so much. Good work!

Thank you for the kind review! We are so glad that you choose Canada's Restoration Services for the work in your home.

Please know if you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us at anytime.

Nadia
1 review Ajax, ON

Inspector was prompt and efficient. He inspected the entire attic for its condition, air quality, insulation and mould. He prepared his report within hours and sent to us.

Thank you for kind review!
It was my pleasure.

- Alex

Max in Oakville

Aris, the project manager assigned to our job, and his crews did a great job restoring our damaged ceiling. Both crews were extremely efficient, professional, and tidy. Aris also answered any questions or concerns in a timely fashion. Best of all, they were able to start and finish the job before most companies said they could send someone for a quote.

Thank you for the kind review!
Getting a water damage all sorted can be stressful. Thank you for choosing Canada's Restoration Services to help you.

lieb_11 in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Jorge was called in after we found out there was a small amount of asbestos tape on some ducts. He was prompt in returning my emails and quick to arrange to come for an estimate (he came during his lunch break). All communication was prompt and clear and the crew came and completed the work on time.

The work was completed in a timely fashion and appears to be done well. We would definitely recommend Jorge to others looking to remove asbestos!

We are so pleased that you decided to have us do the asbestos work in your home. Asbestos removal can be stressful and uneasy for homeowners. Jorge and his team are truly the best!
If you need anything further in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your kind words.
-Laura

More about Canada’s Restoration Services, Mold Detection & Removal, Asbestos & Lead Removal, and Water Damage Restoration

Mold Removal, Asbestos Removal, Water & Fire Restoration and Demolition and Construction in Toronto, GTA , Southwestern Ontario, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
At Canada's Restoration Services we believe that exceeding expectations should be the standard when dealing with Mold or Asbestos Removal. We continue to provide property owners the best service we can, which has led us to continuously win for Mold Removal. We offer FREE financing up to 24 months with 0 down and 0% interest, on approved credit, as well as long term, low interest financing options. Call us today to find out more.
"It's Not Just What We Do, It's How We do It "

We perform FREE inspections and estimates for any visible mold or Asbestos.

Canada's Restoration Services is contractor of choice for Bryan Baeulmer of HGTV's Disaster DIY, House of Bryan, and Leave it to Bryan.
As well as Mike Holmes preferred contractor on Mike Holmes Make's It Right!

We have developed a procedure that guarantees that your home air quality will be as clean as it can be. Here is some information from our web site:

"Mold Detection & Removal"
Canada's Restoration Services guarantees 100% mold clearance.That means that after we have performed mold removal, the air you breath is as clean as it can get.

Canada's Restoration Services performs “effective removal of mold spores and mold growth from buildings, homes and personal possessions“. Canada’s Restoration Services has experienced and certified IICRC technicians performing this work daily. Canada’s Restoration Services, operating in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton, often work with 3rd party experts such as hygienists and certified inspectors in order to prevent a conflict of interest and protect the customers' needs.

There are many types of toxic mold which create health and structure hazards found in ceilings, walls, carpets, crawl space, basements, etc. The effects on the health and safety of individuals within the indoor environment can be crucial. Mold can be destructive to your immune system. Everyday, people experience un-predicted sick symptoms and allergic reactions like dizziness, nausea, weakness, sleeplessness, headaches and prolonged flu-like symptoms - seemingly without reason.

Canada’s Restoration Services answers the need for excellent air quality at home and at work, with many years of Mold Remediation experience. We provide complete Mold Removal & Cleanup Services, scopes of work that are presented to the customer or written by a 3rd party, all in accordance with the IICRC guidelines for Mould Removal and Mold Remediation. This is the preferred process to achieve complete mould purification:

*Free visual evaluation of potential visible Mold upon your request
*Mold examination and lab testing
*Defiling the scope of work
*Mold Decontamination & Mold Spore Removal Procedures using `green` materials:
* If you have a small area that needs mould and mildew sanitizing; we seal off the affected area to prevent the spread of spores then perform mould sanitizing procedures.
* For a larger contaminated area, we create a containment barrier which seals off non contaminated area and sanitize the affected area.
* 3rd party Mold Air & Surface testing to verify job done well.
* Mould Damage Repair with our reconstruction department.

We use methods such as Ice blasting and Soda blasting to remove mold if that is the best approach.

Asbestos:

Asbestos is a natural mineral which was commonly used in homes, buildings and school for various uses such as insulation, ceiling tiles, plaster, vinyl floor tiles, roof patching, etc.

Today, asbestos is no longer used as extensively since prolonged exposure to it has proved to be hazardous to ones health. When the asbestos fibers are released into the air anyone breathing the air is at risk. Asbestos exposure has been linked to lung scaring and cancer.
If you are unsure if products in your home or office contain asbestos you should have an Asbestos Certified Inspector inspect your home. If the product is protected and fibers are intact you can leave it as is. If the product has deteriorated it is essential to remove the asbestos from the premises.

Emergency services? Fire & Water Damage Restoration ?
Fire & Water Damage Restoration?
We can handle any size Fire / Water Damage Restoration. We offer 24/7 Emergency Services and can be on site within 45 minutes.

We work in all type of properties, Residential small and big homes, commercial and industrial.

Demolition & Construction Services:
Demolition Services for home owners that are looking to remodel: then our drywall, framing and reconstruction department can help you rebuild your home and all within your budget.

Insulation: After working day in day out in attics we have learned the correct process of mold remediation which extends beyond just the removal, but fixing the source as well. The insulation and ventilation is a vital part in ensuring that mold growth does not return. Copy paste this link or visit our web site, find out about our Mold Removal in Attics process:

Canada's Restoration Services has a dedicated Mold removal department for Toronto:

And a dedicated water damage department as well:
www.waterdamage-toronto.com

In Montreal or Laval :
www.mold-removal-montreal.com
or www.water-damage-montreal.com

Click below to learn more about black mold:
www.blackmouldremoval.ca