The Handy Force

General Contractors
Toronto ON M1L 1W9

Reviews for The Handy Force

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Replaced light fixtures and door handles

I was staging my home to put it on market and I had a few odd jobs that were beyond my capabilities and I needed help. I wanted to replace a few light fixtures on very high ceilings I couldn't reach even with my ladder, and also needed to replace some door handles (way trickier than I thought!)

The person I had originally lined up cancelled at the last minute on me. HandyForce to the rescue! They took my job on short notice, arrived promptly, and completed everything I needed done. They were timely, polite and professional. I would suggest this company to anybody looking for help around their home. Great job by Dylan and Michael.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us! -Paul

MIannece in Toronto
MIannece in Toronto

Kitchen Reno, Garden Fence, Various

We first hired HF to do some odd jobs around the house - install a new window in the loft, replace wired smoke alarms, add locks to windows, etc. It was sort of a test run to see how they worked and we were very happy with the results so we had them do a much larger job: our kitchen reno.

Their quote wasn't the cheapest we had, but we felt we were buying a fuller service. We didn't have to go and buy items ourselves, have them shipped to our house, and HF would install them. HF handled everything, which is what we wanted. Plus, Paul made us feel very confident and relaxed.

At times, we felt like we didn't have the full attention of the Project Manager, but we all handled the friction with grace. Sometimes Paul would step in to ensure things were running smoothly.

In the end we were very happy with the work and last year contracted them again to install a new fence in our back yard. No friction at all on that job. Everything on time and to an exacting standard.

In our experience HF really offer the service they claim to. They will do anything from hanging a picture to a full kitchen reno. I recommend them unreservedly.

The two of you have been such a joy and privilege to with with! Thank you so much for having us help make your house a home. -Paul

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Installation of a drop ceiling in my basement furnace room.

This little company does great work. I would recommend them to anyone looking for expert home repairs, renovations etc. They're in my East York neighbourhood right around the corner from me. They're efficient, reliable and willing to do any job large or small. They were prompt and finished the work on time and on budget. You can't go wrong with these young men! Give them a try. You won't be sorry.

Thank you so much for your kind words!! -Paul

Catherine in Scarborough
Catherine in Scarborough

Installation of porcelain tile floor, interior and exterior doors

We hired the HandyForce on two separate occasions. The first time involved building a cupboard in the basement; resurfacing the basement steps; installing porcelain tiles in the front hallway; installing stair railings; and installing two new interior French doors. We were so pleased with their work, we got them back to install two new exterior doors and extend the porcelain tiles from the front hallway into the kitchen. The crew showed up punctually every morning, did quality work and cleaned up after themselves. Dylan and Paul monitored the projects and kept us informed every step of the way.

Hi Catherine!! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! Thank you so much and I hope you are enjoying the sun! -Paul

TamaraJ in Scarborough
TamaraJ in Scarborough

Various small tasks and minor renos

I have hired Paul and Dylan on a few projects for two homes in Toronto. I have hired them for a collection of smaller jobs (e.g., regrouting, resealing, fixing doors), as well as some minor work in a kitchen and bathroom. They are both extremely professional and courteous and the work they coordinate is of a very good quality. I would absolutely hire them again and have recommended their services to friends. I think their niche is the smaller jobs market and perhaps where someone has a collection of smaller jobs (only needing a day or two) for which it is difficult to hire other reliable workers. I have hired designers (who work with other trades people) for large projects on our homes (e.g., entire new bathroom or kitchen). I only had a couple of very minor issues with their services (in one case a worker did not complete a small part of the project - failed to show up twice when promised, but when I advised Dylan about this, he apologized and came over within the same day - possibly the hour actually -to ensure the project was complete; in another case, I was not happy with the size of pot lights chosen and installed - i would have preferred additional ceiling/wood work to install nicer and smaller ones. they installed the only ones available to fit the holes left by the previous lights - but I also ok'd the lights without seeing them first and the tenant was fine with them). I plan to use them again in the Spring when I have collected another few tasks to complete. I saw some of the negative reviews below and I cannot reconcile those with the experiences I have had with Paul and Dylan - which have been very good to excellent!

Hello Tamara! Thank you so very, very much for kind words! It is always a pleasure working with you and we really look forward to doing so on your next project!! -Paul

SeanD in Scarborough
SeanD in Scarborough

Basement shower repair

Our basement bathroom was installed in 2011 and improperly done by another company. It was a hack job. Eventually, the floor tiles cracked/warped and the shower was no longer usable. So I called Handy Force. Handy Force was amazing from beginning to end. They assessed the situation, gave me clear pricing, explained what needed to be done and showed up on time. They also gave me a head's up that some additional work may need to be done underneath that they wouldn't see until the old tile came out. When that was determined, they called me and gave me the information I needed to make a good decision. The shower job took a bit longer than anticipated but that's par for the course in this industry. They managed to successfully re-do the bottom of our shower with everything aligned properly and done the way it should have been done in the first place. Their follow-up throughout the process was amazing - sending pictures along to me as they progressed and informing me what had been done & was to be done next. You don't get service like that very often. I would recommend these guys and plan to use them for some future projects too.

Hello Sean! Thank you so very, very much for the review! It was a pleasure working with you again and we really look forward to doing so on your next project!!

Arthur in Scarborough
Arthur in Scarborough

Repair ceiling damage from a water leak.

The Handy Force was immediately responsive contacting me to assess my issue after I had many failed attempts to have any company return my inquiry.

The initial meeting was very professional and gave me a sense that they would provide professional service.

Once the contract was signed the site supervisor was very friendly and customer service focused. The tradesman responsible for the repair was conscientious and attentive. He showed up on time and was communactive throughout the process. The site supervisor showed up each day to ensure I was satisfied with the work and progress.
In summary my repair was successfully complete and done within a timely manner and within budget.

If you are looking for a small repair that is often difficult to get timely and willing dedicated attention then The Handy Force is an excellent choice.

Hi Arthur! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us – it is very much appreciated!

Maggie  from Toronto
Maggie from Toronto

Bathroom floor

The Handy Force did a great job replacing our bathroom floor. It's an old house that had many layers of flooring. They didn't try to up sell me on a total gut job. They did exactly what I asked for the price quoted and they completed the work a day early. I've asked them to come back for a few other jobs.

Thank you, Maggie! We really appreciate your kind words and I cannot tell how much a repeat customer means to us!

Sherry in Toronto
Sherry in Toronto

Lane Gate Repair

Once again I came home from vacation and my back lane gate was flapping in the wind. I had hired another handyman from this site but he was not available for a week. So I tried these guys. Dylan the pm came and estimated the job, the guys showed up on time. I thought the work might need some tweaking & after a quick email to Dylan they were scheduled to come back and finish off to my liking. They are good guys and willing to help. Just be very specific as to your expectations, with any handyman you hire. I have tried at least 4 from this site and each experience is different. Be very detailed as to your expectations and all will usually be good. These guys are good and punctual, willing to help but not master carpenters.

Thank you so much, Sherry!!

Scott from Old Toronto
Scott from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

General House Repair

I do not recommend this company
1) Punctuality - left early and constantly rescheduled. It was difficult to track who was in your home
2) Quality - they are not trained tradespeople. The quality is what you would expect if you hired your neighbours kid
3) Price- They were the lowest bid. You get what you pay for.
4) Additional comments - it is difficult to know who is in charge - I had a relatively small job, yet there was 3 different project managers that I had to deal with. This led to a lot of confusion. Also, the worker never flushed the toilet – which is an unpleasant thing to come home to.

Hello Scott,

I am terribly sorry for your experience. I had a look though our system and in all sincerity we did not serve a ‘Scott’ in old Toronto in all of 2013. Is it all possible you have us confused with another company with a similar name? I suspect this is the case as you would have had a dedicated quoter meet you initially and when you hired us. Then when you signed the contract they would have introduced you to your project manager – eliminating confusion as to who was in charge. We regularly get calls from customers thinking that we are another company and wonder if this is the case here. If it was us I am terribly sorry for any trouble we caused.

-Paul

More about The Handy Force

The HandyForce is on a mission to introduce customer service to the home improvement sector. While everyone is preaching customer service, we are delivering it through our employees. We only hire friendly, outgoing, professionals with an eye for detail. We ensure they dress in uniform, show up on time and ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in East York?