The Handy Force

Reviews for The Handy Force

Pitaboy78 in Toronto
Pitaboy78 in Toronto

Bathroom shower fix

At first, I thought they were a little bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.
They took great care in their work, and kept me informed of what was going on.
I would consider using them again.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it!! I am so glad that you see the value in what we do and we look forward to working with you again. Thank you kindly, -Paul

Jim in Toronto
Jim in Toronto

Cabinet door fix, baseboard heater removal, bi-fold door installation

My experience with this company was very bad. The salesman didn't show up when he said he would and had to re-schedule for a week later. He handed my project off to a co-worker, who in turn handed it off to two other colleagues. Meanwhile, they led me to believe they had ordered a custom bi-fold door, which they didn't do.

When it came time to do the job, they didn't have a bi-fold door (or an acceptable alternative). They also decided on a different fix for my kitchen cabinet doors, and so could only do one of the three jobs (removal of a baseboard heater).

They at least agreed to charge me only $343 instead of the $1100 they quoted for all three jobs, but that was still a lot (and a lot of aggravation and wasted time) for a simple baseboard heater removal. Individually, the staff were decent to deal with, but clearly their internal communication on my project was abysmal.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns and I am so sorry that we could not complete your project to your satisfaction.

We have been in East York now for years and we strive to be to second to none when it comes to service. We will absolutely use your comments to grow and improve and take this as a learning experience.

All the best.

Rekha in East York in Toronto
Rekha in East York in Toronto

Kitchen ceiling repair

Chose Handy Force because of all the great reviews they had about taking on small jobs. Our kitchen ceiling needed a small patch of new dry wall due to a leak. Handy Force was awesome from the get go. Paul called me back as promised and arrived on time to survey the scope of the work. He was knowledgeable and professional. Danny managed the project efficiently. Dry waller was great. it was a job that required many visits between installation, mudding, drying and sanding. he came and went as promised. Working to ensure that the area was left so we could continue to use our kitchen. Very impressive. Would hire them again and would highly recommend Handy Force.

Hello, Rekha! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a privilege to work in your home. Thank you again we would love to hear from you again. All the best, -Paul

Bathroom sink installation & odd jobs

We needed to replace our bathroom pedestal sink, replace a shower head, and re-caulk the shower. Jobs that we could never quite find the time to do. Norm arrived on time with an apprentice, was professional, quiet, and got the job done. Couldn't ask for more. Danny the project manager checked in to make sure things were going according to plan. Everyone was pleasant and professional.

This was the first time we used the Handy Force, but we're definitely going to give them a call again. Just the kind of service for those odd jobs that accumulate over time.

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience!! We look forward to hearing from you again!

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto

Bedroom drywall

We've had Handyforce do a lot of work for us over the past few years. This job was a challenging demo, new drywall, new door framing. Everyone at Handyforce was awesome to work with and the work was great. They went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect for us. We wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Thank you so much, Andrew!! It is always such a privilege and pleasure to work with the two of you. -Paul

IJG
IJG

Ceiling/wall repair

I had some ugly decorative ceiling boxes that light fixtures attached to as well as non structural plaster pillars that I wanted to removed. Handyforce was quick to come and give an estimate and started the job about a week after- which was nice.
The skilled people Handyforce uses seem professional and diligent in their work. They removed the boxes and pillars, cleaned up the mess and patched the ceiling walls, mudded, sanded etc. This job was pretty basic in terms of expertise required but they did the job to my satisfaction.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!! It is always a pleasure to work with you! All the best - Paul

Adelia Alves in Toronto
Adelia Alves in Toronto

Parge/patch cement work. Exterior painting. Downspout rain barrel.

Michael, thank you and your team for the recent work completed on Frankdale. My aunt was very pleased with the level of professionalism, dedication and quality of work demonstrated by the whole team. We highly recommend the Handy Force.
Thanks again.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and your experience with The HandyForce! It was such a pleasure working with you and your Aunt. -Paul

Libby in Toronto
Libby in Toronto

Old East York Bungalow Plaster

We are so pleased with the work Handy Force did on our old East York Bungalow. Due to racoons repeated tearing up shingles on our roof, many spots on the ceiling inside our house needed re-plastering, and we had several large cracks in the walls from a previous porch replacement done "less than perfectly" by another contractor. The Handy Force specialist returned our old plaster ceiling and walls to just like brand new. The team was so considerate of our time, and did a wonderful job, on time and on budget. We also had a new kitchen floor put in, and even in our crazy old house, where there are zero right angles, the hardwood type laminate was laid perfectly. Thank you to the whole team, all EXPERTS in their craft! I would recommend this team anytime!

Hi Libby!!! Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and your kind words. You are an absolute joy and pleasure to work with! -Paul

Successful home repairs big and small

We have an older wooden house in the Beach that has needed a number of repairs. Over the past four years, Handforce has done both big - replacing the roof and drywalling - and small - replacing light fixtures, painting the front porch, building a shed door. The work has been done well, efficiently and on time. The price is not cheap but the work is reliable. Congratulations to Dylan Goff and his teams for jobs well done!

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and your experience with The HandyForce! It is always such a privilege to work with you. -Paul

Brendan in East york
Brendan in East york
4 reviews East York, ON

Roof vent installation

I hired HandyForce to install a roof vent and connect it to a ceiling fan in my bathroom (via the attic) and everything went smoothly. from the initial quote to the actual work.

When I first called them they were able to quickly give me a quote and schedule a date to do the work. On the day of the work they arrived on-time and everyone was friendly and professional. The work took a few hours and was completed on schedule and as planned.

I was very satisfied with the professional quality of work and customer service provided by The HandyForce and have already recommended them to friends.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brendan! We look forward to getting your next project done and getting that window installed!! -Paul

More about The Handy Force

The HandyForce is on a mission to introduce customer service to the home improvement sector. While everyone is preaching customer service, we are delivering it through our employees. We only hire friendly, outgoing, professionals with an eye for detail. We ensure they dress in uniform, show up on time and ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in East York?