The Handy Force

Reviews for The Handy Force

srados in Toronto, Ontario Canada M4C2V8
srados in Toronto, Ontario Canada M4C2V8

Gate, Completed!

I heve never read reviews about this company...but haggle about gate with my wife, when and who will built it, had to stop.
Company itself was punctual, they promptly returned calls. Work was completed as quoted and on time.

I am happy customer.

General Jobs Around the House

Working with the Handy Force was one of the worst customer experiences I've ever had - for a few reasons. The initial visit and quote was amazing, after confirming contract/ signing deposit, I received many updates all of which was to say "we haven't found someone yet, but we're working on it". This went on for weeks, and the actual job was finish two months later. It was doing small jobs here and there (replacing wall, fixing valve and one drain, etc). One of the people they brought in to do the work gave me his business card and said "go through me next time and you don't need to talk to Handy Force" the other, had atrocious workmanship and left a mess. The Handy Force "project manager" was someone I had to chase constantly, and when they contracted out a task, would tell me the night before that 'hey someone is coming tomorrow'.
Good for people that have had good experiences with them, it is evident that smaller jobs do not get adequate service, but then their whole shtick about 'odd jobs so you don't have to' is misleading.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am so sorry for your negative experience. Feedback, good and bad, is very important to us because it allows us to push ourselves further in areas we already excel and improve in areas we do not.

As a result of your feedback the entire leadership went through every single invoice from the last six months together to see if we could match your described scope of work, “replacing wall, fixing valve and one drain, etc.” and figure out who your project manager, and team, was. Despite the team spending several hours on this, we could not find an invoice, recall a project like this or recognize your style of writing. This is a challenge for us because we now struggle to use your feedback to grow as we do not know who was responsible as you have chosen to post anonymously.

What is striking about your feedback is you mention certain things that raise a flag for us, like the project manager contracting out tasks. We never sub-contract the tasks you are describing. All of our work is done by our employees, in our uniform, on our payroll. It is one of our core values.

You also mention that your project manager called you and said, “We haven't found someone yet, but we're working on it”. This implies that they were looking for someone to do your project, but we have our own staff. Certainly there can be delays in starting a project if a previous one runs long or external factors like weather, but trying to “find someone” simply isn’t us. We have our own staff.

You wrote that the project manager called you the day before starting and said, “Hey someone is coming tomorrow” but all projects are scheduled at least a week in advance, unless it is an emergency situation we can accommodate (in which case it is next or same day).

You brought up that one of the people gave you their business card to contact them directly. Again, this would have been a sub-contractor which we would not have brought on site for a project like this and if one of our employees did try and moon-light, knowing who it was would be very helpful so that we could react accordingly.

I apologize if you feel that certain jobs get more or less care than others but we take great pride in treating all projects equally. All of our managers are salaried employees and there is no motivation to focus on bigger or smaller projects, just on each project in the order they are received. If one of our project managers was poor in their communication skills or style, or made you feel that your project was not a priority, again, knowing who would be so helpful to us to be able to coach and grow.

At the end of all this I am so sorry that you had a terrible experience with a renovator but we cannot help suspect you have either confused us with another company or the person you hired was pretending to be us (both of which have happened before) given all the inconsistencies you describe versus how we operate.

If you feel comfortable, it would really mean the world to us if you reached out to let us know more details. It would be so helpful.

Again, from all of us at The HandyForce, we are sorry you had a bad renovation experience. When one person does, it reflects poorly on our entire industry.

-The HandyForce team

Jason
Jason

Ceiling Repairs

I had a very positive experience with Handyforce from the initial quote/scheduling/oversight (Paul/Vijay) and completion of the work (Norm). In my particular case the work involved filling/repairing a few ceiling cracks and holes on both floors of the home followed by painting. Norm did a great job on completing this work in addition to the clean-up. Would highly recommend Handyforce again.

Diane Rowe from Toronto
Diane Rowe from Toronto

Wood step and trim

I needed some doing on my house.
1 A wooden step replacing along the whole length of my sliding doors.
2 Wooden trim finishing on stairs
3 Wooden trim repairing in front of sink

I am happy with the work and will use The Handy Force again

Diane Rowe

Andy in Toronto
Andy in Toronto

Difficult Problem Well Handled and Fixed

What started out as a straightforward floor repair became a potential nightmare. Termites were discovered and a foundation was questioned. With Paul’s steady oversight, Vinjay’s site management and Norm’ excellent hard work, catastrophe was averted, increased costs were kept under control and the work completed with only minimal delay. A shout out to AETNA who provided excellent termite control as well.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

railway ties stained

I needed to have my railway ties surrounding my front lawn stained before change in weather. Vijay came and I picked out stain and job was completed that day. Very pleased with job that was done.

Nina MD from Toronto
Nina MD from Toronto

Attic insulation (Roxul) in old house in Danforth East

We actually had a hard time finding someone to install Roxul insulation in our attic (we had read a lot about the product and preferred this option to blown-in.) Then we found HandyForce and they jumped right on it -- Paul was responsive and attentive and the job was quoted quickly. A short while later, the job was booked -- Vijay and Mason were great to work with. Everything was fast, efficient and friendly. Since buying this old house, we've actually had to deal with A LOT of trades people and contractors for various things that have fallen apart over the past few years, and HandyForce was easily one of our best experiences. We would definitely call them again for our next project!

Bathroom update

Company staff were good to deal with. All questions and/or concerns were responded to immediately and we are satisfied with the finished project.
We will contact the Handy Force in the future for another project we have in mind.

Charline in Toronto, Ontario
Charline in Toronto, Ontario

Shower caulking

I was looking for a handyman to help me on some little work at home - recaulking my shower. Paul and Danny were really nice to work with: quick response and quote done as we wanted with all different work separated. Danny was there in the morning of the work to introduce to us the worker and check on the work. I will not hesitate to contact them again for any handyman work around the home.

More about The Handy Force

The HandyForce is on a mission to introduce customer service to the home improvement sector. While everyone is preaching customer service, we are delivering it through our employees. We only hire friendly, outgoing, professionals with an eye for detail. We ensure they dress in uniform, show up on time and ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in East York?