The HandyForce

General Contractors
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Toronto  >  The HandyForce
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for The HandyForce

Jennifer R in Waterloo

I recently hired Handyforce to update my kitchen. My project required new countertop, installation of a backsplash, under cabinet lighting and a new sink.

I found that my initial inquiry was responded to very quickly and subsequent communication with Paul was very timely and professional.

Project Lead, Danny was fantastic to work with. He would provide regular communication on the project status and was quick to come up with a solution if the situation required it. Any trades that were in my house were professional.

Each day of the project, I would come home to clean and tidy space which was very much appreciated.

I will hire Handyforce again and would recommend them to others.

Hello Jennifer,

It was a privilege working with you again! Thank you so much for everything and we hope that your new kitchen brings you years of enjoyment.

cheryl.a.clifford in Toronto

We contacted The Handy Force recently after we purchased our first home and discovered our bathtub hadn't been installed correctly. When the tub had any weight in it we noticed it would basically 'sink' away from the wall tile and caulking, resulting in a pretty substantial gap. Paul from The Handy force came over to look at the tub, give us his thoughts and provide a quote. As new homeowners we had zero experience dealing with anything like this, so we felt like fish out of water. But Paul was super friendly and straightforward when explaining what he thought the problem might be. We did get several other quotes for the job but decided to go with The Handy Force, not only because the quote was reasonable and fair but because Paul seemed to be the most knowledgable person we spoke to.

The tub had to be taken out completely (including the first few rows of tile), the subfloor had to be supported (as it had been weakened in a previous reno) and the tub needed to be reinstalled with support underneath as well as a proper frame. In total it was a 4 day job. Norm from The Handy Force did the bulk of the work but we also dealt with Danny who was project manager. Both were really friendly and clear about what needed to be done. Everything was explained to us step by step.

We are really happy with the tub now that it doesn't drop whenever there is weight in it. The only problem now is that we want to completely retile the walls around the tub because Norms tiling job is so much better than the existing tile job!

I would definitely recommend The Handy Force to anyone looking to have odd jobs done. We're already planning to work with the company again to demolish a large shed in our backyard.

Hi Cheryl!

It was a pleasure working with you and your family! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We hope to hear from you again in the future.

Pitaboy78 in Toronto

At first, I thought they were a little bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.
They took great care in their work, and kept me informed of what was going on.
I would consider using them again.

Job Price

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it!! I am so glad that you see the value in what we do and we look forward to working with you again. Thank you kindly, -Paul

Jim in Toronto

My experience with this company was very bad. The salesman didn't show up when he said he would and had to re-schedule for a week later. He handed my project off to a co-worker, who in turn handed it off to two other colleagues. Meanwhile, they led me to believe they had ordered a custom bi-fold door, which they didn't do.

When it came time to do the job, they didn't have a bi-fold door (or an acceptable alternative). They also decided on a different fix for my kitchen cabinet doors, and so could only do one of the three jobs (removal of a baseboard heater).

They at least agreed to charge me only $343 instead of the $1100 they quoted for all three jobs, but that was still a lot (and a lot of aggravation and wasted time) for a simple baseboard heater removal. Individually, the staff were decent to deal with, but clearly their internal communication on my project was abysmal.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns and I am so sorry that we could not complete your project to your satisfaction.

We have been in East York now for years and we strive to be to second to none when it comes to service. We will absolutely use your comments to grow and improve and take this as a learning experience.

All the best.

Rekha in East York in Toronto

Chose Handy Force because of all the great reviews they had about taking on small jobs. Our kitchen ceiling needed a small patch of new dry wall due to a leak. Handy Force was awesome from the get go. Paul called me back as promised and arrived on time to survey the scope of the work. He was knowledgeable and professional. Danny managed the project efficiently. Dry waller was great. it was a job that required many visits between installation, mudding, drying and sanding. he came and went as promised. Working to ensure that the area was left so we could continue to use our kitchen. Very impressive. Would hire them again and would highly recommend Handy Force.

Job Price

Hello, Rekha! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a privilege to work in your home. Thank you again we would love to hear from you again. All the best, -Paul

We needed to replace our bathroom pedestal sink, replace a shower head, and re-caulk the shower. Jobs that we could never quite find the time to do. Norm arrived on time with an apprentice, was professional, quiet, and got the job done. Couldn't ask for more. Danny the project manager checked in to make sure things were going according to plan. Everyone was pleasant and professional.

This was the first time we used the Handy Force, but we're definitely going to give them a call again. Just the kind of service for those odd jobs that accumulate over time.

Job Price

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience!! We look forward to hearing from you again!

Andrew in Toronto

We've had Handyforce do a lot of work for us over the past few years. This job was a challenging demo, new drywall, new door framing. Everyone at Handyforce was awesome to work with and the work was great. They went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect for us. We wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Job Price

Thank you so much, Andrew!! It is always such a privilege and pleasure to work with the two of you. -Paul

IJG

I had some ugly decorative ceiling boxes that light fixtures attached to as well as non structural plaster pillars that I wanted to removed. Handyforce was quick to come and give an estimate and started the job about a week after- which was nice.
The skilled people Handyforce uses seem professional and diligent in their work. They removed the boxes and pillars, cleaned up the mess and patched the ceiling walls, mudded, sanded etc. This job was pretty basic in terms of expertise required but they did the job to my satisfaction.

Job Price

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!! It is always a pleasure to work with you! All the best - Paul

Adelia Alves in Toronto

Michael, thank you and your team for the recent work completed on Frankdale. My aunt was very pleased with the level of professionalism, dedication and quality of work demonstrated by the whole team. We highly recommend the Handy Force.
Thanks again.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and your experience with The HandyForce! It was such a pleasure working with you and your Aunt. -Paul

More about The HandyForce

The HandyForce is on a mission to introduce customer service to the home improvement sector. While everyone is preaching customer service, we are delivering it through our employees. We only hire friendly, outgoing, professionals with an eye for detail. We ensure they dress in uniform, show up on time and ...