Markham Landscaping Nurseries Ltd

Jlev
Jlev
2 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Backyard Renovation

I highly recommend Markham Landscaping. From initial quote to closing the job, Mike and his team were nothing but professional, extremely helpful, knowledgeable and trusting. The service they provided was exceptional. My backyard went from a drab and sad looking area to a gorgeous and inviting living space. I can’t wait for spring to do the front of the house.

Gary in Stouffville
Gary in Stouffville

Stone patio, sodding, landscaping

My back, sides, and front lawns were full of weeds and no top soil thanks to the crappy original home builder's work. I needed it all replaced with new sod, as well as the addition of a back patio, side pathway for access to a new walkout basement entrance from the front driveway, and some front landscaping to increase curb appeal.
Mike met with me, had some great ideas, and provided a quote within an hour. The price was in line with other estimates for similar work; however, Mike had a better solution for the side access. In addition, I liked his professional yet personable, knowledgeable approach to his work, and I got a positive feeling about him from the first intro. I was hoping his business values were indicative of the rest of the company's efforts. I was not disappointed, from speaking with Cathy in the office, to having Sahak and crew on site to do the work. Everyone was very customer-focused to deliver a quality installation with the right attention to detail.
I am very pleased with the final outcome (as are my neighbours by their compliments). Thank you Mike and your team.

Harvey Erdman from Vaughan
Harvey Erdman from Vaughan

Landscaping Services

We needed some landscaping enhancements to the side of our home, as well as to the front lawn and backyard. As in the past 20 years, we entrusted that work to Markham Landscaping and they even exceeded our expectations.
Their men were punctual, prepared to meet every challenge, possessed great knowledge and experience, and were very pleasant and courteous. Very importantly, they diligently kept us "in the loop" about what they were doing and were exceedingly receptive to our comments and requests.
In the end, Markham Landscaping provided us with a beautifully planned and executed landscaping project. Particularly in this day and age, it is indeed refreshing to find a company such as Markham Landscaping which one can trust and which delivers what they promise.

Mary in Stouffville
Mary in Stouffville
0 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Patio Installation

Our patio was recently installed by Markham Landscaping. The installation was completed very professionally. The team was very thoughtful, listened well, was meticulous and efficient. We now have a beautiful addition to our outdoor living space. We would definitely recommend this company to others.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Landscaping

We were very pleased with the professionalism and quality of work that Markham Landscaping performed in turning our front garden into a real work of beauty. Mike listened to how we wanted it to look and came up with a plan that fit our needs perfectly. I would highly recommend this company.
Ken Rayner

Tom K.
Tom K.
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Back and front yard landscaping and stone work

I wanted the backyard redone with new stone, extending the exiting fence line and reshaping the yard to maximize the space. Make drew out a new plan and walked me through all the details before starting the job. Sahak and his crew did a fabulous job repairing the coping around the pool and made suggestions along the way and offered options. The suggested stone was an outstanding choice and was laid perfectly. I could not be happier with the workmanship, quality of the work and the cleanup was done to perfection. I was so happy in fact that I asked the team to redo the front as well. The front included levelling the 15 year old poured concrete and laying the same stone as in the back including flagstone coping and stairs and lighting. Sahak came back and provided the same quality work. New plants and trees were also added in both the front and back. Mike and Cathy, the owners, checked in often to ensure that everything was progressing to plan. I would highly recommend Markham Landscaping for both price and quality.

Hi Tom, thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and recognizing the outstanding quality of workmanship that Markham Landscaping does. Each of us enjoyed working with you to produce such a beautiful landscape. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your landscape for many years to come.

Taso in Toronto
Taso in Toronto

Backyard Deck and Landscaping

I had Markham Landscaping build both a new deck and all the landscaping in my backyard this summer. I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to upgrade their backyard. They did a great job! Mike (owner) was very hands on with any questions or concerns I might have had.
The finished product was beautiful and we have received many complimants on the new backyard.
We are very happy we choose Markham Landscape for this big project.

Thanks Taso for the pleasure to serve your landscape needs. You and your family were great to work with, and we
are so thrilled that you are all enjoying your beautiful landscape. Thanks for your wonderful review!

Manipulated contract faulty work

Mike was to complete contract 4-6 weeks. Worked at my property for one year. Faulty work with multiple items was done. He refused to fix it and now I am correcting his mistakes with extra cost to me. Non certified electrician work resulted in ESA notice to me. It’s been really challenging getting work done from him.

Private User in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Private User in Whitchurch-Stouffville

Landscape Stonework

The landscape and stonework that we hired this company to do began 8 weeks late about 4 years ago. When the one worker, Sahak showed up, he did the stonework by himself. Usually there are several workers working on jobs such as this, perhaps this should have been our first clue that there would be problems. The job was supposed to start in early July, however it began in late August lasting will into September. This is not the way business should be done.
The owner's wife acts as a receptionist, and never answers the phone when you try to reach them. The owner Mike has a cellphone and he keeps the number private, so it is utterly impossible to reach him personally unless he calls you. Who does he think he is? They are very frustrating to deal with to say the least. The job was expensive. When the plants and shrubs were finally brought to us they were not of good quality, and end of season items and what stock had left at their nursery.
The next year, stones started coming loose due to the use of poor quality materials. To get them this issue fixed was like pulling teeth. We called and emailed and the company wouldn't respond. This happened many times with alot of frustration. When we finally did reach them, the owner's wife would say, " Well, we are busy and will be there soon." This meant weeks later. Finally, Brian was sent out, to simply "glue" the stones on our front steps in place. They came loose again. Eventually he they were fixed again and again....
This fall the same thing happened to the stones and we called them once more and the gentleman came and "fixed" the stones again by using the same poor quality materials to "cement" them in place. Now, approaching summer 2018, we learned the hard way, that we are going to need redo the shoddy work this company performed and get the job done properly.
Do not use this company at all costs!!! They are unprofessional and do not do the job correctly. We also heard from people we know saying that the same thing happened to them. They had to have the work fixed by another company. We have been wanting this rectified for a long time, and it simply wasn't.
We consider this a lesson learned. Not only was this experience a waste of time, but a great deal of money as well. Do yourself a favour, and do your homework when hiring a reputable landscaping company, as this one isn't it.

More about Markham Landscaping Nurseries Ltd

Landscape Contractors & Designers, Interlocking Stone, pool landscaping, lighting and planting. Specializing in residential design build landscaping including design, hard and soft landscaping structures and lighting.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Richmond Hill?