Gecko Projects Ltd

Reviews for Gecko Projects Ltd

haroldsm in Calgary
haroldsm in Calgary

Fantastic garage builder.

Derek is meticulous in his planning & organizing. He has multiple meetings so you know what is going on and as far as future plans. I wanted someone that was going to get it done quickly as my neighbor is the neighbor from .... The concrete was done ahead of schedule. The garage was able to start ahead of schedule. I kid you not they started at 8am on a Thursday morning and they left at 4 pm with just a little siding left to finish. They started Friday at 9 and we’re finished at 11am!! The only thing left was the garage door and evestroughs which were completed within 2 weeks. It was amazing to watch these guys work. This was a custom built 18x28 garage not a prefab!!
They did such a great job my son had them build a more custom larger garage. He was also stunned how fast his went up. Fantastic company that operates like a well oiled machine. His crews were amazing. No swearing, premises always kept clean. Even building inspector was impressed. Thanks again Derek. Sorry it took me so long to write this review!!

Wow... thanks Harold! Super appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and 1 year later even! That's fantastic that a you're still happy with everything and the garage is working out well for you. Both yourself and Dave were great to work with; I really appreciated the opportunity to take on both projects. We have a great crew, and great customers, and the positive feedback never gets old; so thanks again. Just let me know if there is ever anything I can help you out with in the future; would love to work with you again. All the best, and thanks again.

Johan V. in Calgary
Johan V. in Calgary

garage

I had been doubtful about building a garage on a very small, overgrown backyard. I knew that it needed a quality builder so based on the reviews, I chose Gecko Projects. They came through in spades. The initial consultation was very helpful in finding out what was involved and Derrick was very knowledgeable and open about the process. They kept me informed throughout and did an excellent job from removing a small jungle of trees and bushes to building the garage itself which came together remarkably quickly and looks fantastic. They even came back and built a nice new fence to close off the yard. Great job guys!

Excellent; thank you Johan! Your yard was a jungle! More so this summer than when we met in the spring. Was sad to see those apple trees go, but you certainly couldn't keep them and get a garage. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad you found it to be pain free/easy process, and are happy with the finished product. Thank you so much for your business and support, just let me know if you ever have any issues with the garage that you'd like me to address. All the best...

Marcy in Calgary
Marcy in Calgary

20 X 20 Double Garage

This company is unbeatable! Derrick is professional, personable and is an expert in building garages. He communicated efficiently the entire way through the process, I always knew what was happening and what was coming next. He answers emails/questions quickly and thoroughly. His crew are really pleasant and work quickly. The garage they built for me is solid (excellent materials/foundation) with quality workmanship all the way through. Being a single woman, I had concerns about removing existing fencing, wood etc. Derrick and his crew took care of all of that for me. I appreciated and enjoyed the process all the way. GECKO definitely goes above and beyond!
Thanks so much Derrick and GECKO Projects!
I LOVE my new Garage!!!!!
Marcy

Was great working with you Marcy. Thanks for the great feedback, taking the time to write a review, and forwarding our name to so many people! It is greatly appreciated. Customer referrals definitely drive our business, so thank you for contributing to our current and future success. Thanks again and please let me know if there is is anything we can help you out with going forward. Enjoy the garage; cheers!!!

David in Calgary
David in Calgary

Triple Tear Down and New Build

It took us two years to decide and get moving on our project. We had to demolish a rotting triple car garage and build a new triple. I interviewed several builders and did my homework. Derrick identified issues and solutions others did not. These issues added to the cost, but had we gone with some of the cheaper proposals, we would have found ourselves in trouble. After considering our options digging deeper, it was clear that Derrick had superior knowledge of his business, was honest, a good communicator and was thinking from the customer's perspective. It is a decision we will never regret. From the beginning, the project was run with efficiency and professionalism. From tear down to build and finish - the entire project exceeded our expectations. Our questions and issues were dealt with promptly. The final product is quality all the way from the fine details to the overall operation and look. We are thrilled with our new garage and I get pleasure from it every time I go through the doors. I would recommend Derrick and the Gecko crew to anyone. It was a pleasure working with them.

It was a pleasure working with yourselves as well, thank you so much David. It was a fun project, and I'm really glad that it wasn't too painful of a process for you, and more than anything that you're happy with the finished product. I think the garage looks great as well; can't wait to see some pictures after you're done all the work in your yard. It will be awesome I'm sure! Enjoy the rest of your summer, and thanks again!

Dave S in Calgary
Dave S in Calgary

Custom Garage Build

Derrick did a garage for my parents and they had nothing but good things to say. When the time came to do ours we contacted him as well. I went through about 3 designs before settling on what we built Derrick was very patient in dealing with us and had excellent suggestions on how to make the most out of our garage. Ours was a bit complicated as we dealt with a utility right of way as well as my request to have the ceiling vaulted as high as possible inside. Derrick and his team came up with a design that was fantastic and worked around the utility right of way perfectly. The process was very easy and transparent as he makes the building permit available to follow along and he provides a schedule of events for you to understand the process. The site was tidy and his crew looked after all the site prep including tree removal and cleanup. His communication is excellent and he does what he says he will do. I would highly recommend him.

Thanks Dave! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Your project was a fun one to say the least; and is certainly a garage to envy by many. It was nice to really put our framing skills to the test; it's not often we get to build a garage like that. I hope you get some great use out of the garage, I have little doubt you'll be spending quite a bit of time in there. Thanks again and all the best!!!

Brooke B. in Calgary
Brooke B. in Calgary

New Garage Build

Gecko Projects Ltd
Site 16 Box 51 RR1
AB
T0L 0X0

Working with Derrick at Gecko was so easy. He communicated very well right from the start, sent updates at every step along the way, and didn't leave any questions to be asked. Construction of the garage only took 3 days max, start to finish, and the quality of work was excellent. I will recommend Gecko to friends and family whenever I can.

Thanks Brooke. Enjoyed working with you guys as well. Really appreciate the review, and I'm glad that you're happy with everything. I thought the garage came together well also; and apparently so did your neighbours. 2 more projects in your alley this summer, so I'll be seeing you again I'm sure. Thanks again!!

Ken and Darlene Wolfe
Ken and Darlene Wolfe

Impressed from start to finish

We were referred to Gecko by our realtor. We had just purchased the house and wanted to add a double car garage. We met with Derrick and between our requests and his suggestions a plan was conceived. He looked after all the surveys and permits, and made all arrangements from tree removal to concrete pour. He gave us a deadline of when the job would be completed and easily met it. I believe total construction time including siding and shingles was approximately ten hours The next day the garage door installer showed up and the job was completed. I work with a lot of contractors in my profession and these guys were great. He only has one crew and he runs it himself. Once they started the job they stayed with it until it was done. I spoke to one of the inspectors after the completion and they said it was first rate. Derrick and his crew were top notch and did a great job for us. Thank you Gecko.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Ken/Darlene, you guys were simply awesome to work with. I'm really glad the small amount of input I offered helped in the planning stages, and that the end product worked out so well. I hope the garage gives you many years of use and enjoyment. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you at any time; would work with you guys again in a heartbeat! Otherwise, thanks for your trust/business, enjoy your garage, and all the best!

Garage build

Derrick and the team from Gecko projects were amazing to work with. Gecko built a double car garage for us in NW Calgary. We had a great experience working with them and I would highly recommend them.

Communication was easy, efficient and straightforward. Derrick was always easy to reach and happy to answer any questions we had.

Derrick was flexible and worked with us to make sure that our building schedule worked well for us. The garage was built quickly, efficiently and well. We are very happy with the final result. We are very satisfied with the quality and care taken in building our garage.

Although a bit more expensive than the few other builders we looked at, you definitely get what you pay for. We have only had the garage for a few months and can always see the difference the quality of building materials can make.

Once the garage was built, we had a minor issue with some flashing/troughing. Derrick came out right away to look at the issue (which none of us could figure out the cause of). The issue was fixed within the next day, without a problem.

We were very impressed with Derrick and his team's dedication, efficiency and dedication to getting the job done right.

For anyone looking to build a garage, I highly recommend Gecko.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review Elaine; much appreciated. It's certainly interesting building in your alleyway because of the slope, but I'm glad we were able to make it work, and that you're happy with the finished product and our process. We aim to please! Thanks again...

Kelly
Kelly
0 reviews Okotoks, AB

New Garage

All I can say is WOW! Derrick and his crew were outstanding with our garage build! Even the building inspector was impressed with the quality and workmanship! From our Initial contact with Derrick to the after build follow up, Derrick went above and beyond to answer any questions we had and to accommodate us. He is the most friendly, personable and honest contractor we have worked with and without question we would recommend Gecko projects to build your garage. Derrick was hands on with his crew during the whole build and they only build your garage once they start. Never multiple projects going on. If you are looking for top quality workmanship, a good price and honest and trustworthy people to build your garage do not look any further. Gecko projects will meet and exceed your expectations.

What a great review; can't thank you enough Kelly. You were a treat to work with from start to finish. I really appreciate the comments and the trust/confidence in us. I'm glad everything turned out as well as it did. Thanks a ton.

Edward in Calgary
Edward in Calgary

New 24x24 Detached Garage

We hired Derek after reading his reviews of previous customers. We appreciated how quickly he communicated with us, from coming to give us a quote and throughout the building process. If we had questions he responded quickly to our emails. We were lucky to have been able to start our garage early, when Derek had an opening we appreciated being asked if we wanted to start early. His crew kept the work area very clean every day. They even fenced off a small part of the yard for our dog. We were very impressed with how quickly the garage went up, Derek’s coordination with the city made the project run smoothly. We will definitely refer Gecko projects to anyone wanting a garage.

Thanks Edward. Was a pleasure working with you. We do our best to simplify the process, and keep the project running smoothly. Yours went as well as I could have hoped; I'm glad you feel the same way. Thanks for the review, I really appreciate it. All the best!

More about Gecko Projects Ltd

Calgary's friendliest garage builder is Gecko Projects Ltd. We are a professional garage construction company specializing in affordable high quality residential garages. Gecko Projects can do anything you need when it comes to your garage construction project.