Vail Renovations And Handyman Services

Vail Renovations And Handyman Services

Best of 2018 winner 4 timesBest of 2018winner 4 times

Reviews for Vail Renovations And Handyman Services

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Three jobs done, very satisfied

We hired Vail Renovations through an initial Homestars inquiry to undertake the installation of a dishwasher, normally a straightforward job unless the old one has feet encased in concrete. Bill provided an initial quote and was able to remove/install the dishwasher and did a great job; it was not an easy process, and one of the other contractors who came to give a quote basically said "I do not think I can do anything with that" whereas another gave a quote without having seen the work - not ideal.

Based on our excellent first experience, we hired Vail again to build a large two level deck and to install an over the stove microwave/range hood combo, replacing some of the cabinetry and the existing range hood in the process. We are very happy with both jobs; the detail work is excellent, Bill was very good about consulting re: options for finishing both jobs and pros/cons, and when challenges arose was excellent at figuring out solutions.

Highly recommended, and we will definitely use Vail again. To note that cost listed was primarily for the deck (including demolition/removal of old one) plus the two other jobs.

Thank you for this great review. So glad I could help. Through all the trials and tribulations it did turn out well. Glad your happy with everything. If I can help in the future or you have any issues at all with anything done to date please contact me.
Take care

Tammy's Tub Treats  in Ottawa
Tammy's Tub Treats in Ottawa

Drywall repair and painting

This company was able to come and repairsome drywall that had to be cut for plumbing work in my store. They helped me out at the very last minute and I was able to open my store on time. The service person was prompt, courteous and even offered to prime and paint the wall after completing their own work. I am truly satisfied with everything they did!!!

Thanks Tammy for this review. Very much appreciated. Good luck with your tub treats in manotick. Very nice location. If I can help in the future please let me know.

Charlotte in Toronto
Charlotte in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Main bathroom and powder room renovation

Bill is very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to deal with. He did a great job installing bathtub, vanities, flooring, fans, even a kitchen backsplash and overcame the obstacle of too little space for the vanity in the powder room. He can do any job, and do it well.

I would not hesitate to recommend Vail Renovations to anyone.

Thank you Charlotte. Some things were a bit tricky but we made it work. Glad to have been able to help. If I can help again please let me know.

Wayne in Toronto
Wayne in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replace boards on the front porch

This project was delayed for a long time because few contractors were interested in small jobs as well as by rain. Bill Vail took the job on just a few hours after I posted the job. As Bill predicted the job turned out to be bigger than expected because of rotting boards underneath the boards that had to be replaced. Bill fixed it up in a few hours in a mid morning to early afternoon. He replaced the rotting boards, reinforced others that were weakened and painted the porch the same color as t was originally. He also fixed up the lattice work around the edge of the porch and hauled away the rotten wood, He also left me a half gallon of unused paint for another coat of paint on the porch for next year. The price appeared to be reasonable considering the materials, experience, labor, travel and skill involved. The next morning when the paint dried the porch was a good as new. I am very happy with the job Bill Vail did on my porch.

Thanks for the great feedback Wayne. If I can help in the future please let me know. Enjoy the deck.

G&G F.
G&G F.
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Exterior painting, garage renovation

What a treat to find Vail Renovations and Handyman Services.
We needed some exterior painting done but we needed more than a painter, we needed a handyman and they are hard to come by. Too many times we have hired someone and they do the absolute minimum possible. Not with Bill ... it was a pleasure to have work done without checking every 15 minutes and Bill had great ideas on what should be done and also in deciding on the extent of our project. Our garage was a mess and Bill transformed it and we are very happy with the result. I also appreciated that every time I thought I should have something extra, forgetting that the space we were working on wasn't out living room, Bill would remind me that "it is just a garage". We are very pleased and Bill will be the guy we call for anymore projects we have to do around our house. It is great to have someone you can count on. We recommend Vail Renovations.

What great feedback. Thank you. Glad I could help. Always be sure of where to put your money. Sometimes above and beyond simply isn't the way to go. Glad it all worked out. Thanks again. If I can help in the future don't hesitate to call.

Gord in Brampton
Gord in Brampton

Axe Target

Bill went Above and beyond resarching and building me the BEST target i could ask for!
Also Was kind enough to explain how I could service the target and keep it fresh.
FANTASTIC fast service.
ill have to post a second review with pics of axes in it.!
AGAIN BEYOND HAPPY with this work.

Thanks so much Bill.
ANY "Handyman" needs I KNOW where I am going.

Thanks for the review. Glad I could help. Just remember. 5 fingers, 5 toes

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Small repairs, paint touch ups, power wash deck

Bill and his associate did a great job. We needed the work done in a hurry and Bill accommodated us. They completed the work on time and the results were just what we had hoped.

Glad to help. It was tight but in the end looks great. Thanks for the great review. Hope your house sells quickly. Good luck and enjoy Florida.

Ceiling repair

Bill is fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable, practical and efficient. We had a good-sized hole in our kitchen ceiling from an old light fixture, and Bill had new drywall installed, putty-ed, dried, and painted in one day!
This is the second time that we've hired Bill, and we wouldn't go with anyone else. Thanks Bill!

Thanks for your valued review. Glad I could help. If I can again let me know.

broche in Peterborough
broche in Peterborough

Broken door frame

Bill came to my rescue after my daughter broke her door frame in a house she is renting with roommates :(
He completed the work in a timely and efficient manner with no hidden costs.
We communicated through email as I live 3 1/2 hours away and he let me know when the job was completed along with pictures.
I would highly recommend him. Delivered quality service and peace of mind that the job was done correctly the first time...
Thank you Bill!

Glad I could help. If you need service in Ottawa again let me know. Take care.

Great Ceiling Work!

Bill removed the popcorn ceilings and touched up the holes, crown mouldings and removed the dated popcorn ceilings on the main floor of the house.

What a Huge difference in appearance!
Great Job Vail Renovations!!
My Family and I will be recommending
Vail Renovations to our friends and family as well as anyone else that is looking for a legit contractor with no bs involved.

Thanks Luc. Glad your happy with everything. If I can help in the future please let me know.

More about Vail Renovations And Handyman Services

Vail Renovations and Handyman Services was created in 2008. Servicing home owners and businesses in Ottawa and surrounding area. With 20 years in the industry it has come to our attention that there is a need for dependable handyman services throughout Ottawa and we would be glad to offer our services to you and your clients. Vail Renovations and handyman Services is capable of servicing all of your needs from inside renovations such as painting, framing, drywall, fixtures, plumbing (subcontracted to licensed
trades-persons when required) and repairs to outside landscaping, general clean up, fencing and property maintenance. As well as having many years in the moving industry we are able to offer moving consultations as well.

As you know, many people do not have the time for the smaller jobs that are needed when buying or selling a home and this is where Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can help you.

For more information on what Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can do for you please feel free to contact us and feel free to browse our website for a complete portfolio and testimonials

Vail Renovations and Handyman Services now serves such companies as The Brick, Groupe CDP, Atlas Van lines, AMJ Campbell Van lines, Fred Guy Van lines, Best Buy and Future Shop, Black Lab Inn, Capital Home Staging and Design, Various realtors with in the city of Ottawa, Capital Home Staging and Design, as well as many private home owners.

We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can help you too.

Please email direct at setitup@rogers.com
Servicing Ottawa with handyman services since 2008. renovations,decks,doors,repairs,gutters, basements,kitchens,bathrooms,custom showers,tile,laminate,hardwood,painting, drywall,contractor,flood damaged homes,landscaping,baseboard,trim,crown molding,plumbing (subcontracted to licensed trades-persons) electricians (work performed by ECCRA certified master electricians),fixtures,appliance/electronic hook-ups,interior or exterior.