Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

Handyman Services
Ottawa ON
HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Ottawa  >  Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

Reviews for Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

DaveR in Ottawa
DaveR in Ottawa

porch repairs

Our porch had several rotten boards. Bill assessed the issue and repaired the problems very quickly after several larger firms refused the job. Bill is a really pleasant guy to work with and we will definitely use his services again.

Thanks for the input Dave. Glad I could help. All ready for paint now when it warms up. If I can help in the future please let me know

Kim in Ottawa
Kim in Ottawa

Exceptional Company!

I highly recommend Vail Renovations and Handyman Services for any project. The owner, Bill Vail, is honourable, dedicated to his craft, and is not satisfied until he believes that the job is perfect. I hired the company to complete the repairs required for an insurance claim, which included drywall repair, skylight sealing, painting, carpet removal and installation, window trim, curtain rod and curtain installation, as well as bathroom fixtures. Bill will not leave any trades in the house alone, which is greatly appreciated. The work was extremely well done, and Bill goes above and beyond with his service. Superb customer service. I will definitely hire Vail Renovations again, and have already started telling everyone how great the company is! Thank you!

Glad I could help Kim. Thank you for the great review. Your appreciation means a lot. If I can help in the future big or small don't hesitate to call.
Take care and say hi to kobi

G. Sullivan
G. Sullivan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Repair of broken interior doors

Excellent repair/replacement of several bedroom doors that had fallen off their hinges, needed latch replacements, etc. Bill Vail communicated with me promptly, provided an estimate at a reasonable price, arrived when he said he would, did a thorough job of repairing all the doors, and ensured I was satisfied with the work. I'll definitely be recommending his services to friends and neighbours, and will call him first for my next home repairs.

Glad I could help. Thanks for the great review. I look forward to helping you in the future

Andrea Ashbaugh from Ottawa
Andrea Ashbaugh from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Yet more great work from Bill

Bill has been doing work for me - both big and small projects - for a number of years. I keep going back to Bill because he gets the job done, tells me to it straight, and goes above and beyond the call of duty to help out. I am always happy with his work, which often requires a bit of creativity since my house is a 100 year old house. I would not hesitate to recommend Bill to others or to use his services again!

Always a pleasure. Let me know if I can help again.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Experienced, professional and accommodating

First of all, thank you Vail Renovations and Handyman Services for doing an amazing job repairing our home in time for Christmas.

Our house had flooded and the hardwood floors and basement ceiling were damaged. Once we had the hardwood replaced, Vail Renovations assisted us in finishing the trims and patching and painting the ceiling in the basement. The house looks like nothing ever happened.

Glad we had it done for Christmas. If I can help in the future please let me know.

Claudette in Stittsville
Claudette in Stittsville

Great house refresh

We asked Bill to paint all the rooms in our townhouse, replace all our closet doors, and install our kitchen back splash. He did an excellent job, with great attention to detail, and made sure we were fully satisfied with his work each step of the way. Each time we met, he was very personable and professional. We highly recommend him.

Thanks Claudette. Glad I could do this for you. Love the colors too. Such a new and uplifting choice. Looks great. If I can help in the future please let me know. Good luck on move day. Take care

1 review Ottawa, ON

Three jobs done, very satisfied

We hired Vail Renovations through an initial Homestars inquiry to undertake the installation of a dishwasher, normally a straightforward job unless the old one has feet encased in concrete. Bill provided an initial quote and was able to remove/install the dishwasher and did a great job; it was not an easy process, and one of the other contractors who came to give a quote basically said "I do not think I can do anything with that" whereas another gave a quote without having seen the work - not ideal.

Based on our excellent first experience, we hired Vail again to build a large two level deck and to install an over the stove microwave/range hood combo, replacing some of the cabinetry and the existing range hood in the process. We are very happy with both jobs; the detail work is excellent, Bill was very good about consulting re: options for finishing both jobs and pros/cons, and when challenges arose was excellent at figuring out solutions.

Highly recommended, and we will definitely use Vail again. To note that cost listed was primarily for the deck (including demolition/removal of old one) plus the two other jobs.

Thank you for this great review. So glad I could help. Through all the trials and tribulations it did turn out well. Glad your happy with everything. If I can help in the future or you have any issues at all with anything done to date please contact me.
Take care

Tammy's Tub Treats  in Ottawa
Tammy's Tub Treats in Ottawa

Drywall repair and painting

This company was able to come and repairsome drywall that had to be cut for plumbing work in my store. They helped me out at the very last minute and I was able to open my store on time. The service person was prompt, courteous and even offered to prime and paint the wall after completing their own work. I am truly satisfied with everything they did!!!

Thanks Tammy for this review. Very much appreciated. Good luck with your tub treats in manotick. Very nice location. If I can help in the future please let me know.

Charlotte in Toronto
Charlotte in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Main bathroom and powder room renovation

Bill is very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to deal with. He did a great job installing bathtub, vanities, flooring, fans, even a kitchen backsplash and overcame the obstacle of too little space for the vanity in the powder room. He can do any job, and do it well.

I would not hesitate to recommend Vail Renovations to anyone.

Thank you Charlotte. Some things were a bit tricky but we made it work. Glad to have been able to help. If I can help again please let me know

Wayne in Toronto
Wayne in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replace boards on the front porch

This project was delayed for a long time because few contractors were interested in small jobs as well as by rain. Bill Vail took the job on just a few hours after I posted the job. As Bill predicted the job turned out to be bigger than expected because of rotting boards underneath the boards that had to be replaced. Bill fixed it up in a few hours in a mid morning to early afternoon. He replaced the rotting boards, reinforced others that were weakened and painted the porch the same color as t was originally. He also fixed up the lattice work around the edge of the porch and hauled away the rotten wood, He also left me a half gallon of unused paint for another coat of paint on the porch for next year. The price appeared to be reasonable considering the materials, experience, labor, travel and skill involved. The next morning when the paint dried the porch was a good as new. I am very happy with the job Bill Vail did on my porch.

Thanks for the great feedback Wayne. If I can help in the future please let me know. Enjoy the deck

More about Vail Renovations and Handyman Services

Vail Renovations and Handyman Services was created in 2008. Servicing home owners and businesses in Ottawa and surrounding area. With 20 years in the industry it has come to our attention that there is a need for dependable handyman services throughout Ottawa and we would be glad to offer our services to you and your clients. Vail Renovations and handyman Services is capable of servicing all of your needs from inside renovations such as painting, framing, drywall, fixtures, plumbing (subcontracted to licensed
trades-persons when required) and repairs to outside landscaping, general clean up, fencing and property maintenance. As well as having many years in the moving industry we are able to offer moving consultations as well.

As you know, many people do not have the time for the smaller jobs that are needed when buying or selling a home and this is where Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can help you.

For more information on what Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can do for you please feel free to contact us and feel free to browse our website for a complete portfolio and testimonials

Vail Renovations and Handyman Services now serves such companies as The Brick, Groupe CDP, Atlas Van lines, AMJ Campbell Van lines, Fred Guy Van lines, Best Buy and Future Shop, Black Lab Inn, Capital Home Staging and Design, Various realtors with in the city of Ottawa, Capital Home Staging and Design, as well as many private home owners.

We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how Vail Renovations and Handyman Services can help you too.

Please email direct at [email protected]
Servicing Ottawa with handyman services since 2008. renovations,decks,doors,repairs,gutters, basements,kitchens,bathrooms,custom showers,tile,laminate,hardwood,painting, drywall,contractor,flood damaged homes,landscaping,baseboard,trim,crown molding,plumbing (subcontracted to licensed trades-persons) electricians (work performed by ECCRA certified master electricians),fixtures,appliance/electronic hook-ups,interior or exterior.