Miele Appliance Gallery

HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Toronto  >  Miele Appliance Gallery

Reviews for Miele Appliance Gallery

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

best service ever

We bought a Miele clothes washer & dryer in 2008 and followed up with a dishwasher a year later. Each machine has performed very well over the past decade. We received a 10-year warranty and made three service repair calls recently.

Each time the process was seamless. We received a call the day prior providing a window for the time of arrival and then a confirmation call in the morning with the exact time. Our Service Tech, Kevin, was on-time friendly and professional. He explained the problem, the cause and replaced all the parts. It was all done for no charge.

The single issue we had was in attempting to coordinate the service of our clothes washer with a minor repair on our dishwasher. For some reason the call centre wanted us to phone back and set up a separate appointment. It didn't matter as Kevin took care of both issues on his first call.

I have had some disappointing warranty issues with a variety of manufacturers and dealerships but Miele has been first class every time. They are by far the best company we have dealt with as far as after purchase service.

Their products are built to last a long-time and perform well. It greatly contributes to reducing the amount of garbage produced and the extraction and processing of resources to produce replacement products.

Chris from Don Mills
Chris from Don Mills

Quality of appliances poor. You will spend thousands to buy and thousands to repair!

I have a two year old house with new Miele cooktop, oven, dishwasher and microwave. I have just repaired our little used gas cooktop to the tune of $350 or so. The faceplate of the Microwave is falling off and I'm quoted around $1000 parts and labour on it....again, less than 2 years old and by most household standards, little used. I complained heavily about the fact that their appliances are garbage and they offered a significant reduction to $500...however, I told them where they could put their $500. I am not interested to throw good money after bad. Buying Miele appliances...a huge regret....the quality is very shoddy.

miele service and washing machine

I have a 2 year old top of the line Miele washing machine. It stopped working. They said the entire mother board had to be replaced. I have been without a washing machine for 3 weeks waiting for the part from Germany. They promised to install it yesterday. They did not come yesterday when they said they would and they did not call to schedule. Now I am on hold for 32minutes waiting to get a hold of a live person to find out how to get my washing machine fixed. Now I am told I have to wait another 3 days for the service call. And they give me a time between 12 and 6pm. That is a 6 hour window that you have to be available to wait for them. Ridiculous!! This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Why don't they stock parts in North America for their customers? And why is the mother board of a 2 year old expensive machine breaking down? I will never buy another Miele product after this experience.

Unreliable - waste of time and money

Property damage and incomplete installation.
A month of phone calls later nothing was addressed or fixed. Every time it was a different excuse or reason for not doing their job. Stayed home twice for their team to turn up... when I called to ask when they were coming - apparently I was the one who had misunderstood.
Paid a couple different companies to finish their job, took them 15 minutes..
Unprofessional. Stay away.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

dishwasher

Excellent, prompt service. I love this dishwasher. It can handle a vast amount of dishes, and is so quiet, we can't hear it operating. It takes a third of the soap that other dishwashers use, and gets the dishes sparkling clean. I am really impressed with Miele service. I had a question, and they returned my call promptly and dealt with the question. I highly recommend them.

sal in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
sal in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

after sales service is the worst I have experienced

my washing machine needed repair.
calling miele is worse than having a broken washing machine.
i did the request for service online and they did not even call me back after two days; i had to call them.
if you call them on the phone, they never answer.
you are on hold forever.
When they do answer, they book a repair appointment for weeks in the future. You are left without your appliance working for weeks.

once the service guy does come, take his name and number and call him directly to get the work done on the side. it will save you time and money and you will get it fixed same day.

Megan Ellis in Vancouver
Megan Ellis in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

The customer comes last

I bought a washer and dryer. They didn't deliver it when they said they would. We worked out a date a week later. When it was installed and turned on the water started coming out all over the floor. Calls to Ontario office (long time on hold) to get someone to come out days later and not at a time which was convenient to me. A week later the dryer vent hose fell off. More calls, more time on hold. On the 3rd call I was told I needed to go to Home Depot and buy a longer dryer vent hose. That was it, many calls and many emails to try to get them to come and take them away. Having someone come early in the morning so I don't miss work seems to conflict with their notion of "maximizing efficiency" and there is a 20% restocking fee, which I will pay not to have to do business with this company anymore. Nice delivery and repair people in BC - people in Ontario running the show have the wrong approach to customer service.

Syl Lim from Vancouver
Syl Lim from Vancouver
14 reviews Vancouver, BC

Disappointed and disgusted with Miele's after sale warranty service

Very disappointed with Miele's warranty/repair coverage and their aweful service centre phone rep's attitude. This is especially upsetting as we were heavily sold on purchasing a 5 year extended warranty on our Miele washer and dryer a couple of years ago.
Recently, our washer door''s rubber seal broke into 3 pieces. So we called to have it replaced as we believe it is a product defect. No door seal should breakdown like this only after a couple of years usage.
The phone call was most unpleasant, with the agent almost accusing us of abuse in our use of the appliances. He didn't even know us and making such accusations were completely out of line.
For the record, we do not 'abuse' our high-end expensive appliances. We never overload our washer/dryer, wash anything else other than clothing and linens and always follow instructions as per their instruction booklets.
Anyways, he basically refused to replace the seal under warranty. (This is probably a $5 item on their cost inventory.)
To make a long story short, we demanded to speak to a higher-up who was no better in customer service attitude. But at the end reluctantly agreed to have the seal replaced.
I'm shocked by the attitude of Miele service centre. We have purchased a number of their products over the years and thought they are reputable and stand behind their products. But after this horrible experience, we will be taking our money elsewhere when it comes to purchasing home appliances.

R Reed  from Toronto
R Reed from Toronto

Service

To:Miele Canada

Dear Service Professional,

Thank you your service call to Heddington Ave., Toronto April 10th, it will likely save me a boatload of money in the future.

I scheduled a service for my dishwasher to have the hinges replaced and have the unit inspected, I spoke to the technician over the telephone while he was completing the service call with my wife at home yesterday.

I discovered tonight that the water supply to the unit had been shut off when I turned on the dishwasher after dinner, I looked under the sink to see what was going on and realized that the water supply was in the off position so I turned it on which released a torrent of water underneath my kitchen sink, covering the floor, my utility cans and my clothes. At no point during my conversation with the technician did he indicate that the machine could not be used due to something he had found or had become broken during the call, obviously he was aware that the supply hose unit/connection to the dishwasher became faulty after he removed it and then reconnected it, otherwise why would he have left the water supply in the off position and not said anything to either my wife or I about this specific problem. Why was he was unable to fix it? Why did he not plan to return promptly? Why did Miele not call us to let us know we are SOL?

The technician only indicated that he was "ordering some parts" and we would be contacted by Miele, he did not give us a timeline for either however I assumed the unit was still operable and certainly not in worse shape subsequent to the service.

Prior to this crazy experience we've always been very satisfied with this unit having owned it for 10 years ourselves, I don't understand the philosophy behind a technician leaving a job knowingly unfinished leaving the customer in far worse shape than prior to the service call, then not owning up to the issue. It boggles the mind.

We are researching replacement of our unit instead of investing substantial sums of money in repairs to a unit that is been service for 15 years however this experience has me quite irate given how we have been treated, why would I ever consider purchasing a unit now from Miele after this experience. The technician was very short with me on the telephone while he completed his service call I had several questions and his final response to me was that he's never been asked so many questions by a customer? What does that mean? I was trying to determine whether or not this type of unit is near the end of its useful life and what would a short-term investment to repair this unit cost in comparison to purchasing a brand new unit. I do not want to make the mistake of throwing good money after bad and I was fully committed to purchasing another similar Miele unit, now I am left with a unit broken by Miele and full of dirty dishes on Friday night with no expectation for what Miele had planned to do about this, however at this point I'm not sure I really want to spend a lot of energy pondering that, I'll continue spending good time doing dishes by hand and look at other brands of comparable quality of which there are many.

There's no incentive to have the technician return again to try to make this good, given how this was left and generally handled.

PW Hughes from Ottawa
PW Hughes from Ottawa
13 reviews Ottawa, ON

In-cabinet expresso machine

I bought an in-cabinet espresso machine from Miele in October, and I've enjoyed waking up a whole lot more since I got it! I was pricey, but I love the flavour I get from my new machine. I use Bridgehead coffee, ground using a burr grinder, and the crema I get from the head is nice and sweet. It operates at an impressive 22 torr and has a built-in reverse osmosis purifier, so I saved on that end as well.

All in all, this was a better deal than a $20K synesso, and it's just enough for me!