Fun In The Sun Pool & Spa Service

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
THORNHILL ON L4J0C9
HomeStars  >  Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs in Thornhill  >  Fun In The Sun Pool & Spa Service

Reviews for Fun In The Sun Pool & Spa Service

Peter in Vaughan
Peter in Vaughan

New filter and automation

I’m not the person to speak I’ll of anyone. However if I can save one person from getting the fun in the sun run around. I’ve done my duty. I hired Jay to change the filter , change the pool over to salt and install an automation system. He told me that his electrician would do the hook up for $1000.00. Which turned out to be double. He dropped of the equipment and was paid in full, as he asked to be. He then returned 2 weeks later for the install. He did not complete it that day and had to return to complete the plumbing. This job was started in the fall. To date the automation has not been set up. I call and get no answer. When I did get answers they were just broken promises. I was forced to hire another pool contractor to finish what he started.

Hey Peter,

I'm very sorry things didnt work out for you and the customer. With the poor work u did around his house.

The customer fired u. And now is suing u.

When your post came up on my phone. I happen to be standing with the customer u mentioned above.

What is funny about your write up. U mention you had to hire another swimming pool company.

After all the issues u caused this poor guy. He was laughing after nothing but issues problems with your company.

We are working with each another to solve the issues u have caused.

He will also be writting a report on your home page and on here. He will be adding in your company name and reasons why he fired u.

All l can say is that u were looking for someone to blame. For lack of your workmenship.

PS He is still waiting on you to return his post lights that have gone missing.

Thx

coreynaimark in Toronto, Ontario
coreynaimark in Toronto, Ontario

Pool Service

I have used Jason and FUN IN THE SUN POOL SERVICE since I installed my pool 5 years ago. As a new pool owner I really appreciate that Jason takes the time to explain how everything works from the pool equipment to water chemistry. Whenever I have a question I can always call or text and I always receive a fast response. He is reliable, dependable and honest. I highly recommend this company.

happy customer in Toronto
happy customer in Toronto

yearly pool service

After years of going back and forth from pool company to pool company due to terrible service, I finally stumbled across Jason and Fun in the sun pools. For the first time ever, my pool was opened to my satisfaction (and my standards are as normal as anyone elses), my weekly services are done when I've arranged for them to be done, and when I've had a couple of repair issues to deal with, not only was the problem explained to me first, it was then explained in a way that I understood why I needed to spend my hard earned dollars to fix the problem (and since this is my first year with them, I did get two other quotes before doing the repair to make sure Jason wasn't just selling a new customer something they didn't need---I've never experienced in the 7 years I've had a pool such honesty and integrity from a pool company). I did my research before going with Fun in the sun, and I did read some reviews that didn't sound so great. But when I actually spoke to some people who use them, it became evident that they were an excellent company to use and that if I had heard otherwise, I should just ignore it---I was told it was probable a case of a couple of people that probably complain about everything. If you're thinking that you need a reliable, competent , and knowledgable pool company, Fun in the sun is the only way to go....
One Happy Customer.....

Jenn S
Jenn S

Pool

We have used this company for a number of years now. He is amazing. Whenever we have had a problem it has been rectified. The prices for openings and closing are considerably less than the larger companies. When we wanted to update some of the equipment, we were told it was working fine and why spend the money unnecessarily. he never tried to sell us anything that was not required.

We have recommended this company to a number of people. All are really thankful that we did.

Swimming pool service

We have been using Jason's Company for over 7 years.

We use him for opening and closing.

He also installed or new liner and salt system everything went great. On time. Looks great.

We have also passed on Jason to many of our friends with swimming pools or that need other work done in their back yards.

Jason gives great information on product and doesn't try & sale u something he thinks u don't need.

He is honest & right to the point.

On cost on product and terms for payment.

Also one last point. He opened my swimming pool May 5. 2016

He still has not come back to collect his money for opening our swimming pool. I know he will soon.

Thx

Pool services

Run away from Jason and Fun in the Sun as far as you can. He makes a lot of promises about his services, but when it comes to delivering them it's another story altogether. Jason was taking care of three pools on our street, and one by one lost all of them. I've made a critical mistake of paying him upfront for opening and closing and will probably never see my money back. The only satisfaction if any I will have is people reading this review and hopefully spread the word around. My pool was opened in early May this year and Jason was paid in full for both opening and closing. After checking the equipment, we discovered that one of the lights is burned out. Jason said that not only the light but the housing will need to be replaced. The housing will have to be ordered and it might take a few days. I texted Jason a week later and he said he will be picking the parts that day and since he lives 5 min away he will stop by in the next few days. That was middle of
May. I know pool is working fine, but trying to get Jason back in is almost impossible. After numerous promises that he will be in the area and will definitely complete the job and never showing up I gave up. Beginning of June I asked Jason to give me money back for the closing of the pool since I cannot trust him anymore. Text I received back was apologetic for not completing the job and promise of $250.00 being send to me via mail service. Not sure if its just me, but as far as I know postal service does not take 30 days to deliver in the same city. Evidently Jason is not a trustworthy person who can complete a relatively simple task he is being paid for. Perhaps the service name should be changed to No Fun in the Sun. Before hiring someone in the pool service industry do yourself a favor and make sure that due diligence is done before hand.

Micheal, So sorry for the delay in getting back to fix the light issue. As for the money issue not being return to you in a timely manner, we tried to contact you.

The reason why we tried to contact you via phone & email was to inform you that there was a out standing balance that needed to be paid. That this balance and the amount of $250 owing to you wouldn't be enough to cover the out standing balance to Fun in the sun pool service.

The out standing balance was for two service calls. One in which you mentioned in the above write up. This is how we came to the understanding that the light housing was cracked and need to be replaced. That is a service call.

Very sorry things didn't work out and all the best to you.

Andrea B. from Vaughan
Andrea B. from Vaughan

Fun In The Sun Pool & Spa Service
416-564-7980
THORNHILL
L4J0C9

We have used Fun in the Sun Pool Services for approximately 6 years. They have proven to be extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy when it comes to solving problems with our pool. They will never tell you that your pool needs something fixed or replaced if it doesn't. They are professional and courteous and make every effort to respond to a call as soon as possible. We would not hesitate to recommend Fun in the Sun Pool Service.

Thanks Andrea, for the nice write up. Looking forward to seeing you guys in 2017.

John McErlain from Vaughan
John McErlain from Vaughan

Pool

We are very satisfied with our service from FUN IN THE SUN POOL & SPA SERVICE. We have worked with Jason for a number of years and found his knowledge of the Pool Industry exceptional. They always work to satisfy the customer and solve any problems that develop. Highly recommend their work.

customer from Markham
customer from Markham

Pool Service

Hired Jason to close my pool. He closed it but cover didn't fit anymore. He quoted me over $600 for a new cover (tarp and bag). Thought is was a bit excessive so I called around. Found it for under $200 without too much difficulty. I asked him when he was able to come back and put the new cover on the pool to finish. up the closing - he said the following week. I contacted him the following week to see what day to expect him. He ignored my text, phone calls and emails. Stupid me like the other gentleman in the review below paid him in full prior to the job being completely finished. The best part is that I said to him when I paid him - you will come back to finish the job and he said "I am not like the other pool guys". I should have known better. Ya he threatened me with lawyers if I wrote this review as well...seems his typical answer (he only responded to my texts when I said I would spread the news about his lack of/bad service). I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone!!

Hi

I think there was a little miscommunication on cost on water bag cover & new beaded winter cover. We did our best to work with you on the issues you had with your old swimming pool company.

With taking time out of our schedule to figure the reasons why your one year old beaded cover didn't fit your swimming pool. Once we figured out the issue. It was that the old pool company ordered your new winter bead cover off pool dig spec book.

This was all done with out charging you.

We are very sorry for the miss understanding.

Thanks