Our project included:
- a 12 X 25 free-form in-ground fiberglass swimming pool with coping.
- Excavation required small machine access due to limited entry space to backyard.
- built-in led lights.
- variable speed / flow pump.
- salt water chlorination.
- wireless mobile app / PC integration.
- custom-fit safety cover.
- interlocking mostly around the pool area and extending towards the entrance of the backyard.
- stone wall and steps from backyard entrance to pool area.
We were extremely happy with the work performed by Elliot and his team, which included:
- Scope of work, quote, contract.
- We chose the swimming pool (Dolphin Cancun).
- Elliot designed the interlocking, pool and equipment location.
- Elliot obtained the City permit (~3 weeks).
- Elliot's team completed the entire project (except for safety cover) within 3 weeks, as promised, which was very impressive. They could have even completed it within 2 weeks, had it not been for several rainy days late in September - early in October, 2018, which is out of their control.
- We ordered the safety cover after the main project was completed, as Elliot was able to match the quality and the warranty and beat the price and turn-around time of some of the competitors we had researched.
- Unexpected extras at no charge such as: extra gravel for the other side of the house that they had not touched, installation of auto-closing mechanism for the backyard entrance door and lock mechanism for the kitchen sliding door - both part of potential safety requirements by the city. Also, his supplier made a mistake with the material used for the first custom-fit safety cover. Elliot did not only resolve the matter by getting a second safety cover from the correct material, but also gifted us the wrong safety, which can be a spare.
- upon completion of the project, we passed the city inspections without any issues and received the deposit back.
It was a great pleasure working with Elliot. Here's a summary of what comes to our minds when we reflect on our partnership with Elliot on this project:
- Elliot uses 21st century tools (i.e. not just phone / text, but e-mail, an app for digitally signing contracts, etc.) and always responds to customer inquiries very promptly, regardless of the day of week or time of day.
- Elliot charges reasonably, given his experience, expertise and high quality of workmanship and service.
- Elliot treats customers consistently with respect and care pre-sale, during the project and after completion.
- Even though Elliot’s team is self-sufficient, Elliot checks their work at the end of each day, and is present during key activities such as measurements for excavation and swimming pool delivery with a crane over the house.
- Elliot sets realistic expectations and delivers on his promised within the committed timelines.
If there was one thing that we would have done differently, it’s asking for the design to be drawn on paper in order to avoid a small confusion we had with Elliot regarding the interlocking scope of work in the backyard entry area. This was a minor issue, which we easily resolved with Elliot.
Overall, we are very happy with the project and would recommend Elliot for swimming pool and/or landscaping work to our family and friends.
Elliot, great job and many thanks to you and your team!
- Company Response
Thank you for the great review David it was a pleasure to work for you and your family