Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

AJAX ON L1S2S1
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Ajax  >  Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

Reviews for Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

Great in Pickering
Great in Pickering

eaves and downspout replacement

We were extremely happy with the way the company responded to us and the work was done quickly and efficiently. There was some timing issues with other work being done at the house and Mike went out of his way to accommodate us. Mike was especially helpful in making a unrelated repairs to our soffits several months later at no charge. We have had the company do several jobs over the last couple of years and would definitely call them back in the future. Thanks Mike.

Anthony in Richmond Hill
Anthony in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Stay away from this company

Had this company replace a few shingles lost on a windy day, those same shingles were blown off on the next windy day a month later, when asked if they stood behind their work, was told the cost to come fix their work would be more than the original charge because they had lots of work. Workmanship is awful, customer service is even worse ...

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I am no match for 120kph winds. You asked for the matching shingle after the first windstorm. I installed it. I double nailed it in the correct spot. That is all I could do to fulfill workmanship obligations. Trees, fully mature trees, were uprooted and traffic lights came down. People were without power for days. I don't understand why you thought you can bud in a lineup of literally hundreds of homeowners that called before you or why you can expect shingles rated for up to 96kph to stay on??? Please see manufacturer warranty information on the IKO website. The wind ratings are there in black and white if you don't believe me. Truth be told, when we replace roofs, we use way better shingles than that. Ours never blew off and THAT is why we ONLY install Certain Teed. I gave you advice on what shingles to use to best be able to avoid the next instance. I told you that it would look different and I constantly updated you on our progress, even though we had over 600 calls to address. I stuck with you, and when I couldn't make it, I made sure I made arrangements for someone to take care of you, someone that I knew did good work. You said you didn't want to pay me $300 to be up there for 30 minutes. I will not be disrespected that way and I do not feel an obligation to contract with you. I may refuse business. I may charge what I want. You are under no obligation to contract with me. You were free to find someone else if you did not like my price. I'm sorry that you have this continuing issue, but I cannot inherit it because you do not like spending money on repairs. That is completely unfair.

Alex
Alex
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Would use again and would recommend to family

I had shingles (50yr upgrade), turtle vents, eavestroughs and downspouts with chimney and vent flashings completed by Durham Region Roofing (DRR) all for approx 6k taxes in.

When the crew first came to replace my shingles I was at work but my girlfriend was at home and said that the crew was extremely polite and professional, asked her if the colour (Atlantic blue) looked acceptable, even asked her if we had troubles with drips and runs so they added some extra edge rollover of the shingles to fix that. I came home and inspected the work and was very impressed, there was next to no mess left anywhere (even in the gutters and gardens), the shingles had a nice rollover into the gutters, the lines were square as well as the turtle vents and the crews did an excellent job of covering nail heads and working around the awkward layout of my roof.

For the eavestroughs Mike and Linda came themselves; I was very impressed that the first thing Mike did was inspect his crews shingle work and asked if the tar on my siding was from his work (it was from a previous interim DIY repair until DRR came) and asked me if I was satisfied with the work, he then spoke frankly with me about how I wanted to address gutters around my chimney and about practical issues such as the downspout across do my walking path (do I take it off to cut the grass if so he will leave it unsecured so that I can still easily cut my grass). Mike and Linda even paid enough attention to tell me that the lawn will be getting dirty so I may want to move my bikes away while I was outside cleaning them (they are very kind, attentive and professional). After they left I hopped up onto the roof again to inspect their work and was actually blown away with the attention to detail in that he took off the previous chimney flashing (which wrapped partially around it) and he left an extended straight piece so that it drained better into the gutters on each side, he tarred every single seam in the eavestroughs, his flashings looked great and extended beyond the original borders so that I did not have any drip issues and he covered an ugly brown 2x6 beam that original contractors did not side over, when I asked him about this (we had not spoken about doing this as a project) his reply was that 'that brown wood was ugly so I covered it for you so that it looks better'. Mike was always easy to deal with, was more than happy to answer all of my questions (my first call to him involved 10+ questions and he was never impatient with me and was always honest) and was more than happy to talk about different options with me and to give me his honest opinion if I asked for it; I NEVER felt pressured, bullied, manipulated or as if he was dishonest - DRR is great, I would use them again and I would recommend them to friends, family and neighbours.

Thanks for the review Alex. Glad your happy with all the work we did. See you next year at Mosport;)

Luc in Whitby
Luc in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Roof repair

Woke up one morning with a leak in my roof. Called around to a few different companies. Linda called me back when I was expecting a different company to show up so I told her I'd call her back the following week if I needed them. Linda took the initiative to call me back this week to make sure everything was ok. The other company hadn't come so she did an inspection while I was at work. She called back to tell me exactly what was wrong and the cost to fix. She came back the following day to fix everything up. I really appreciated the follow-up and how easy she made it for us.

First class company, I am a very happy costumer. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Thank you very much Luc!

Robert Wang from Toronto
Robert Wang from Toronto

New Roof

In a lot of the home star reviews, you will quickly find a lot of 10/10s. That is because after a job, these companies solicit a review after a good engagement. This review is unsolicited. Also by my standards, and imagine, with all those 10/10, is it real? Comparing to those reviews, Mike and Linda deserves 10/10. I choose a quality shingle with blue color and it looked very nice against sky. Team showed up on time, finished everything in 1 day, and left no mess. Because it is an old house, some plaster did crack a bit, but I think it may be possible with anyone. I am quite happy, and waited through the winter to ensure there is no issue before writing this review. Team is also considerate where they placed all vents towards the lake side for better breeze and while looking from street, it is a clean look. Things like this really makes a home owner appreciate. I am picky, detailed, but fair. I would recommend Durham Region Roofing and would use them again.

Thank you, Robert!

Steve Lynas from Ajax
Steve Lynas from Ajax
7 reviews Ajax, ON

New 30 yr Shingle

Price included some eaves trough work and a complete covering of my roof, including garage, with an underlay of roofing paper. Outstanding quality job by some outstanding quality work personnel. Five years later the roof looks as good as it did when they finished it.

linda and Mike were very approachable and

JC from Pickering
JC from Pickering

Roof replacement

Great communication with Mike. Job well done; crew was courteous and helpful. We have a semi-d and my neighbour arranged for pricing. Durham Roofing came highly recommended by real estate agents. Just the day before we got our roof done, we discovered that our neighbour across from us had some work done with this same company before and was happy with it. I did have to call Mike about some clean up which the crew missed but it was taken care of very quickly the following morning. Mike came later and did a final walk through making sure that the place was totally clean. He even check our neighbours on the other side to make sure no debris was strewn there.

Diane & Ron from Whitby
Diane & Ron from Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Roof

Excellent work..Punctual, Courteous, not enough words to express how pleased we are with their work. Our neighbours had Durham Roofing install there roof and highly recommended them to us. It's refreshing to find trades people that show pride in their work. Thanks again Linda, Mike and crew.

L&P from Pickering
L&P from Pickering

roof replacement

Replacing a roof is a daunting task. Not only because most homeowners don’t know the first thing about how it is done, but what is under the old roof can be a bit of a surprise. When the time came to replace our roof we asked for referrals and received multiple quotes including Durham Region Roofing. Mike explained the process of replacing the roof and all our options very clearly. We felt confident in the Durham Region Roofing team. Linda, Mike and the team arrived right on time and worked diligently until the job was done. We were kept informed of changes and the team was patient with us when we had questions. They took care of our property and did a thorough job of cleaning up. We even stayed pretty close to our original quote! The roof looks better than the old one ever did and our little bird problem has been solved. After seeing the results three of our neighbours have requested quotes. We strongly recommend Durham Region Roofing Ltd. for quality work at a competitive price.

Andrew B from Oshawa
Andrew B from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

I had several quotes for my roof and finally elected to go with Durham Region Roofing. Mike was the only contractor that actually ascended to the roof to examine and measure it. He showed up on time for the quote and clearly explained everything in detail. The actual work commenced on the day he said it would and was completed by the end of the day. All the workers were professional and courteous from start to finish. The final product was top notch and above and beyond what I expected as I could tell that a lot of pride goes into the job.
Great care was also taken to protect the gardens and property and the cleanup at the end of the day was very thorough. The price was very reasonable and there were no "hidden surprises" tacked onto the final bill.
Again I would like to thank Mike and Linda and the rest of their team for a great job and would recommend them without hesitation.