Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

AJAX ON L1S2S1
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Ajax  >  Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

Reviews for Durham Region Roofing Ltd.

Alex in Oshawa
Alex in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Would use again and would recommend to family

I had shingles (50yr upgrade), turtle vents, eavestroughs and downspouts with chimney and vent flashings completed by Durham Region Roofing (DRR) all for approx 6k taxes in.

When the crew first came to replace my shingles I was at work but my girlfriend was at home and said that the crew was extremely polite and professional, asked her if the colour (Atlantic blue) looked acceptable, even asked her if we had troubles with drips and runs so they added some extra edge rollover of the shingles to fix that. I came home and inspected the work and was very impressed, there was next to no mess left anywhere (even in the gutters and gardens), the shingles had a nice rollover into the gutters, the lines were square as well as the turtle vents and the crews did an excellent job of covering nail heads and working around the awkward layout of my roof.

For the eavestroughs Mike and Linda came themselves; I was very impressed that the first thing Mike did was inspect his crews shingle work and asked if the tar on my siding was from his work (it was from a previous interim DIY repair until DRR came) and asked me if I was satisfied with the work, he then spoke frankly with me about how I wanted to address gutters around my chimney and about practical issues such as the downspout across do my walking path (do I take it off to cut the grass if so he will leave it unsecured so that I can still easily cut my grass). Mike and Linda even paid enough attention to tell me that the lawn will be getting dirty so I may want to move my bikes away while I was outside cleaning them (they are very kind, attentive and professional). After they left I hopped up onto the roof again to inspect their work and was actually blown away with the attention to detail in that he took off the previous chimney flashing (which wrapped partially around it) and he left an extended straight piece so that it drained better into the gutters on each side, he tarred every single seam in the eavestroughs, his flashings looked great and extended beyond the original borders so that I did not have any drip issues and he covered an ugly brown 2x6 beam that original contractors did not side over, when I asked him about this (we had not spoken about doing this as a project) his reply was that 'that brown wood was ugly so I covered it for you so that it looks better'. Mike was always easy to deal with, was more than happy to answer all of my questions (my first call to him involved 10+ questions and he was never impatient with me and was always honest) and was more than happy to talk about different options with me and to give me his honest opinion if I asked for it; I NEVER felt pressured, bullied, manipulated or as if he was dishonest - DRR is great, I would use them again and I would recommend them to friends, family and neighbours.

Thanks for the review Alex. Glad your happy with all the work we did. See you next year at Mosport;)

Luc in Whitby
Luc in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Roof repair

Woke up one morning with a leak in my roof. Called around to a few different companies. Linda called me back when I was expecting a different company to show up so I told her I'd call her back the following week if I needed them. Linda took the initiative to call me back this week to make sure everything was ok. The other company hadn't come so she did an inspection while I was at work. She called back to tell me exactly what was wrong and the cost to fix. She came back the following day to fix everything up. I really appreciated the follow-up and how easy she made it for us.

First class company, I am a very happy costumer. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Thank you very much Luc!

Robert Wang from Toronto
Robert Wang from Toronto

New Roof

In a lot of the home star reviews, you will quickly find a lot of 10/10s. That is because after a job, these companies solicit a review after a good engagement. This review is unsolicited. Also by my standards, and imagine, with all those 10/10, is it real? Comparing to those reviews, Mike and Linda deserves 10/10. I choose a quality shingle with blue color and it looked very nice against sky. Team showed up on time, finished everything in 1 day, and left no mess. Because it is an old house, some plaster did crack a bit, but I think it may be possible with anyone. I am quite happy, and waited through the winter to ensure there is no issue before writing this review. Team is also considerate where they placed all vents towards the lake side for better breeze and while looking from street, it is a clean look. Things like this really makes a home owner appreciate. I am picky, detailed, but fair. I would recommend Durham Region Roofing and would use them again.

Thank you, Robert!

Steve Lynas from Ajax
Steve Lynas from Ajax
7 reviews Ajax, ON

New 30 yr Shingle

Price included some eaves trough work and a complete covering of my roof, including garage, with an underlay of roofing paper. Outstanding quality job by some outstanding quality work personnel. Five years later the roof looks as good as it did when they finished it.

linda and Mike were very approachable and

JC from Pickering
JC from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Roof replacement

Great communication with Mike. Job well done; crew was courteous and helpful. We have a semi-d and my neighbour arranged for pricing. Durham Roofing came highly recommended by real estate agents. Just the day before we got our roof done, we discovered that our neighbour across from us had some work done with this same company before and was happy with it. I did have to call Mike about some clean up which the crew missed but it was taken care of very quickly the following morning. Mike came later and did a final walk through making sure that the place was totally clean. He even check our neighbours on the other side to make sure no debris was strewn there.

Diane & Ron from Whitby
Diane & Ron from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Roof

Excellent work..Punctual, Courteous, not enough words to express how pleased we are with their work. Our neighbours had Durham Roofing install there roof and highly recommended them to us. It's refreshing to find trades people that show pride in their work. Thanks again Linda, Mike and crew.

L&P from Pickering
L&P from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

roof replacement

Replacing a roof is a daunting task. Not only because most homeowners don’t know the first thing about how it is done, but what is under the old roof can be a bit of a surprise. When the time came to replace our roof we asked for referrals and received multiple quotes including Durham Region Roofing. Mike explained the process of replacing the roof and all our options very clearly. We felt confident in the Durham Region Roofing team. Linda, Mike and the team arrived right on time and worked diligently until the job was done. We were kept informed of changes and the team was patient with us when we had questions. They took care of our property and did a thorough job of cleaning up. We even stayed pretty close to our original quote! The roof looks better than the old one ever did and our little bird problem has been solved. After seeing the results three of our neighbours have requested quotes. We strongly recommend Durham Region Roofing Ltd. for quality work at a competitive price.

Andrew B from Oshawa
Andrew B from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

I had several quotes for my roof and finally elected to go with Durham Region Roofing. Mike was the only contractor that actually ascended to the roof to examine and measure it. He showed up on time for the quote and clearly explained everything in detail. The actual work commenced on the day he said it would and was completed by the end of the day. All the workers were professional and courteous from start to finish. The final product was top notch and above and beyond what I expected as I could tell that a lot of pride goes into the job.
Great care was also taken to protect the gardens and property and the cleanup at the end of the day was very thorough. The price was very reasonable and there were no "hidden surprises" tacked onto the final bill.
Again I would like to thank Mike and Linda and the rest of their team for a great job and would recommend them without hesitation.

SM in Whitby
SM in Whitby
1 review WHITBY, ON

Roof repair and replacement

Arrived when they said they would and did exactly what they said they would. Very friendly crew and cleaned up when done. Price was exceptional hundreds to thousands less than nearest quotes I received from several others on homestars. I even upgraded to higher quality shingles. To me the most important thing was whenever I asked for information or had questions they were there or called when they said they would. I initially contacted mike last fall about leak in the roof, he was the only one of 5 different roofers that bothered to even call or show up. I highly reccomend Durham Region Roofing.

Margaret in Uxbridge
Margaret in Uxbridge
1 review UXBRIDGE, ON

Leaking roof and loose strip of fascia

We had two separate issues - water leaking from a valley in the roof into our laundry room and a piece of fascia that had been blown loose in high wind. Mike and Linda followed up quickly on our phone message and came out to view the problems and gave us a quote to fix. Two other companies that I called did not respond.

Mike explained what was causing the roof to leak and how they would fix it. We agreed on the price and Mike fixed the fascia immediately. He came back a couple of days later to fix the leak in the roof by replacing the metal valley with an ice and waterproof valley. The work was done efficiently and they cleaned everything up afterwards.

Communication was excellent (we had to reschedule due to rain) and Mike and Linda were extremely pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend anyone having roofing problems to call Durham Region Roofing.

Thank you for you review. Mike and I really appreciate it.