Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney And Sons Ltd

Best of 2019 winner 2 timesBest of 2019winner 2 times

Reviews for Fairney And Sons Ltd

WATERPROOFING

Bill, the owner, took the time to visit us 3 times before we decided to do the job.
Bill managed the time to work with our neighbor who specifically request his side to be done in max 2 days (job was done in November so rain is always a threat).
Bill explained everything and made sure to update me daily what his guys did and planned to do the next day.
I also got lots of pics of every stage of the work daily (since I was at work all day and could just check what was done at night).
We suffer on or two days delay due to the weather but was finished in a very reasonable time.
Job looks perfect - not afraid of the rain anymore
After the job was completed I was afraid of a mess to clean but for my surprise the guys left the area impeccable 
Price was ok
Definitely I recommend Bill and his guys

Dieter in Markham
Dieter in Markham

Bill is my Hero

Bill, owner of Fairney and Sons, is my hero.  We had an alleged water problem (home inspection) in the basement of a rental townhouse we owned and had up for sale. The condominium board attempted to blame the home owner stating that the window drains were plugged and water would find its way into the basement.  The condominium contractor also suggested that the basement wall, wood framing and insulation would be covered in mould and would require special procedures for its removal which would he would do but then failed to follow through even after we agreed to his quote. Hence we called in Bill for another opinion and he appeared with his interior associate Peter to assess the situation. Bill and Peter doubted that the window drains were the cause of the moisture and suggested that the condo board was merely attempting to shift blame so they wouldn't have to deal with the problem. It was decided to open a section of the basement wall to see what was going on.  The wall was opened and to our surprise it was bone dry, no mould, no rotten framing. and no cracked wall.  Clearly the window drains were not the problem and so by opening the wall we were able to disprove the condo board's theory and the whole issue returned back to them.  Bill and Peter identified a number of problem areas that the board should address to prevent any future problems some of which they have already undertaken to complete. The basement wall was meticulously restored and the alleged moisture problem was dealt  with and any future issue is now the problem of the condominium board. Bill is a no nonsense contractor, he tells it like it is and really knows his stuff.  He said he'd get  me out of this mess which he did and the sale of our property went ahead problem free. This is a contractor I trust and who is price competitive and hence it goes without saying he is someone I would highly recommend. Peter and his wife, Trudy, did an excellent job of returning the basement wall back to a better than original condition. One final note, Bill reminds me of another well known contractor, Mike Holmes, and I believe they would probably share the same motto, "Do it Right".   Thanks to everyone for a job well done!  Dieter and Debbie M.

Christy in Toronto
Christy in Toronto

Fabulous to work with!

Bill and his team were amazing to work with! Bills communication throughout was amazing. They did everything as agreed, on time! And at the original agreed upon cost. I highly recommend them!

Gman in Toronto
Gman in Toronto

Exterior Waterproofing

Bill was immediately responsive in responding and attending site to provide a quote for exterior waterproofing on our house. His level of communication competency is second to none, explaining the situation and options and clear and honest terms. We went with Bill that level of customer service continued throughout - his team were not only professional and diligent, but extremely pleasant and respectful of the property and the impact to surrounding neighbours, as evidenced in the thorough site clean up when the job was completed. Extremely pleased with the work and service and would recommend Bill and his team to anyone.

Basement Waterproofing

We had been needing basement waterproofing for a few years. We finally started calling a few places for estimates. Bill Fairney called us back within ten minutes and was at our house doing the estimate in one hour. The work was scheduled, confirmed, started and completed on time. Extremely professional, courteous and the work site was cleaned up very well. They explained the details up front and answered all our questions so that we understood through the process what to expect. A follow up visit was performed a few days after the work was completed to address some settling issues. We had worked with contractors in the past on many job sites and give these guys a ten for a reason.

Leak on the side of house

We had been living with a leak in one of our bedrooms for over 6 months. Called countless roofers to figure out where the leak was coming from. We were not confident they could fix our leak. Thankfully we found Fairney and sons. Bill came out to assess. He was such a pleasure to work with. He sent his team the following day. They were extremely professional and fixed the leak in a couple hours. Bill and his team saved us thousands of dollars. Thank you Bill your team for a wonderful job!

Tracey in Toronto
Tracey in Toronto

Insulation and Siding

Bill recently completed the job of insulating and siding the entire exterior wall of my home. He was very pleasant and personable, as were the crew who undertook the work. Bill explained and walked me through the entire process, step by step and was available to answer any and all questions. He was present at the beginning and end of every work day to check in and make sure I knew exactly where the team was in the process. His estimate and price was very reasonable and the work was completed in a timely manner, actually finishing before the estimated time frame. The crew who worked on my home were friendly and professional. They cleaned up everyday before they left and at the end of the project, left the work area spotless. I would confidently recommend Bill and his crew and would not hesitate to call him for any future projects I may want to undertake.

sheilap
sheilap

Waterproofing and Masonry

Bill and his team recently completed a job involving waterproofing the exterior foundation of my bungalow, and repairing brickwork around the house, including the chimney and windowsills. Bill is reliable and personable- he walked me through every step of the project, and was always available to answer any questions. He didn’t oversell anything, and his prices were reasonable. I appreciated that he worked within my time constraints, pushing up the job so it could be completed while I was available. The guys he employs were friendly both to me and my family, as well as my neighbours, and left the area quite tidy every evening, and at the end of the job. I’m very satisfied with the quality of the work, and I wouldn’t hesitate to have him back to complete future projects.

kevinmd13 in Toronto, Ontario
kevinmd13 in Toronto, Ontario

Really great job!

Bill, Hector and the rest of the team did a fabulous job on our roof. We sourced several quotes and theirs was the best one to fix our flat roof and replace all of the shingles, as well as update our eavestroughs. Bill is very professional and pleasant to deal with, and Hector and the crew are very courteous and pleasant. The job started and finished on time, and they were great about ensuring the work they did was solid. And they cleaned up beautifully! You would have never known they were here. I would not hesitate to recommend Fairney and Sons!

LBK in Toronto
LBK in Toronto

Exterior Renovation

Bill and his team did a great job parging our house, installing flashing, and new eavestroughs and leaf guards. Bill is professional and respectful. He talked me through the renovations and discussed draining options with us. When the job was done, the crew did a great job cleaning up.
The quality of the work looks great and i would happily recommend Bill and his team.

More about Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney & Sons offers a wide range of home improvement and general contracting services that can make your dream home into a reality. Family operated since 1971 and with a full arsenal of licensed professionals on staff, we can tackle any home improvement or renovating ideas.

Our Specialties Include:

Waterproofing, Eaves-troughs & Siding, Roofing, Interlocking, Masonry/ Concrete work, Windows & Doors, Decks & Fences, Home Repair