A&R Renovations Inc.

Bathroom Renovation
19 stanton ave woodbrige ON l4h0v5
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in King C Ity  >  A&R Renovations Inc.

Reviews for A&R Renovations Inc.

Brandon and Lauren
Brandon and Lauren

Kitchen, Powder and Bathroom Renovation

Working with Alex was the best experience we could ask for. He was extremely attentive to what we were looking for, gave great recommendations for pieces as we were looking for them, and was very communicative throughout the whole job. Alex walked us through the renovation daily to ensure we understood the process and if there were surprises, he documented them and explained proper the course of action.

As we were living in our home during the renovations, we were incredibly impressed with how conscientious Alex was about our space.

Alex redid our kitchen, powder room and main washroom and we're beyond happy with how everything turned out. We're thinking of doing some other work in a few years and it's no question that we would call Alex again.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Basement Renovation

This past summer, we decided it was time for a full basement renovation.
A & R Renovations had done a stellar job of our main floor and upstairs 5 years earlier, so we decided to go with them again.

Our goal was to take our unfinished 'ancient' basement and create a family room, laundry room, second bathroom and storage room, while rerooting plumbing, adding new HVAC, and a new high efficiency furnace, and waterproofing the exterior walls.

The project began on time and we immediately saw progress. Alex was always there on time and worked diligently throughout the day, while coordinating all aspects of the project and communicating with us on everything. He worked to minimize the amount of time we were out of the house, and provided us with advise and recommendations as we decided on finishes, fixtures and more.

The end result greatly exceeded our expectations. We couldn’t be happier! We have a lovely space for our family that I am still blown away by every time I see it! The project ended on time, on budget and we would gladly use A & R Renovations on any future projects! Thank you Alex and A&R Renovations for your dedication and expertise!

Thank you for the review.

NURIA
NURIA

HOME RENOVATION

EXCELLENT WORK AND BETTER ATTITUDE.
ALEX, THE OWNER, WAS VERY GOOD AND HE DID MORE THAN WE EXPECTED.
I WILL RECOMMEND HIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS

Thank you very much for your review .

Mehnaz Malik in Toronto
Mehnaz Malik in Toronto

Multiple renovations

As an interior designer, it's crucial for me to work with contractors who are professional (both in our working relationship and in how they present to my clients), clear in their quotation, competitively priced, good at communicating, and deliver quality work. Alex checks all the boxes. He is flexible with change orders, always pointing out where there's an increment in cost and where there isn't. His work is excellent. He is pleasant to work with and on point and timely with his communications. I look forward to working with Alex on many more projects to come.

Thank you for the great review.

cheryl_pf in Toronto
cheryl_pf in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

Alex is very professional and did a great job on our complete kitchen makeover. He came day after day and did not work on other projects at the same time- which makes a huge difference in service and shortens the time it takes to complete the renovation. We would definitely recommend Alex and will use him again in the future.

Thank you for your review .

Tricia in Scarborough
Tricia in Scarborough

Bathroom Reno

Hired Adrian to redo my entire washroom. Incredibly happy with his work and his professionalism. He gave a thorough estimate and stuck to the budget 100% Adrian was super helpful and knowledgeable regarding all the design and products. His employees were very friendly, considerate and always on time. Adrian always followed up on any questions we had promptly and definitely went the extra mile to ensure quality work. Beyond pleased with the entire experienced and would highly recommend A&R Renovations Inc for all of your bathroom/home renovations

thank you for your review .

studiobtoronto in Toronto
studiobtoronto in Toronto

hair salon general contract

We found Adrian on this website and were lucky enough to have him fit in our renovation on such short notice which consisted in a full build up hair salon,full basement and main floor.
We had a very tight deadline to complete the work. Adrian and his team ensured that not only was everything completed ahead of schedule but also with the highest of quality, attention to detail and excellent communication as to what was being done and when. Even when faced with small unexpected issues Adrian remained calm and professional and offered alternatives and much appreciated suggestions. And never once did his initial quote change.
Adrian is definitely a rare find - very fair, honest and a pleasure to work with. We have already recommended him to friends and will continue to do so. He will be our go to guy for any future work.
The end result exceeded our expectations and we are so happy we decided to go with Adrian.The posted pictures speak for them self's.THANK YOU ADRIAN !!!!and your lovely team!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW .

Wendy in Pefferlaw
Wendy in Pefferlaw

Main

The renovation went very smoothly, He showed up on time through out the renovation. He was always courteous and explained what was going on if we had any questions. He always cleaned up at the end of the day and explained what he was going to do the next day. I was very satisfied with the work done by A and R Renovations.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for your review .

Anthony
Anthony

The Reno from Hell

Blackmail and bullying is the best way to summarize our experience. Please call me at 416 697 2643, I'll provide pictures and documentation from contractors who fixed all his issues. This is not something we typically do, but now that the project is complete and we have contacted a lawyer, I feel it's our duty to make sure others don't have to go through the same horror we did. We originally found Alex on this site and will never use it again based on our awful experience.

I'll save everyone a long read. But here is a quick summary.

Alex threatened to leave the job the first time out of 5 - 3 days into the project after giving me the extras bill, which we had agreed to no extras without discussing - all of which were core project or gauging. More importantly he already had 80% of the money. We have 2 small children and had no leverage at the time and were living in the midst of a full Reno.

3 of 5 contractors (90 % of work) Alex had never met prior to the project. They all introduced themselves to me when they arrived. His labourer was his nephews friend who he had never done work with before. Alex uses a recruiting service for trades and has none of his own contacts. The ones he did have were just as terrible as he was.

He advertises himself as a G C - but refused to provide his number. Because he isn't one.
He threatened to call the city and not return to complete the project if we didn't pay him in full for work not completed. He also tried to blackmail us to provide a reference on this site. Hence the link provided by him.

We paid him in full to get him out of our lives, 3k not including the cost to fix errors. It was well worth getting Alex out of our lives. We provided him proper notice to end a contract we paid in full (contract is a cut and paste of home depos) even though it wasn't completed and his response was he was going to call the city. He sent us a legal letter that we agree not to post to sites like this one and he is not liable for any work completed.

Everything Alex touched in our home is what we had to have fixed. He does not care about workmanship and does not even use a level. All the contractors that we had in to fix his awful work repeatedly commented on the awful work he had done in our home. All he cares about is a good review and pictures. We have to be reminded of the money we wasted and the horrifying experience he put us through on a daily basis.

Not only is Alex unapproachable and a bully he his litigious and we expect his bullying to continue. 3 months after fixing all his issues and completing the project, we are now ready . We will update this post with all of Alex s next steps.

Do not hire him!!! If for some crazy reason you do - talk to people he has worked for and don't rely on these reviews only since he obviously manipulates and bullies people into writing good things.

We strive to make all our customers happy and satisfied with the work we provide, however we apologize that you feel that standard was not achieved. Every story has two sides and it's only fair that I provide mine seeing as you're personally attacking my character and my company.
The blackmail and bullying you're referring to, is really greed on your part. That greed can make people have adverse reactions, as this review is something you considered 4 months after the project was only 90% completed. The incompletion being due to you signing a contract and not pertaining to it, putting a stop payment on the cheque (which is considered fraud and a criminal act), attacking and threatening me in your own home and me not wanting to provide anymore free extras . You suggested a third party mediator and my suggestion was a city inspector as a mediator who would inspect my work without bias from beginning to end.
If I had truly threatened to leave 3-5 days into the project, why would I have continued working on the jobsite for another month bringing the job to an almost full completion and send you a link for a review. The only point in time in which I stated I would be leaving is subsequent to you backing me against the wall, threatening and shouting profanity at me in front of all of my subcontractors. All of those subcontractors that I had previously done numerous jobs with, aside from one who I had hired due to my regular floor guy being unavailable. Who my labourers are in relation to me should be of no concern as the job was being done to code at all times.
Numerous times throughout the project, as you kept adding extras to be done (for free might I add), I had asked you to please read the contract (which is not a replica of the Home Depot contract) and the invoice which has the job description. If you had done so, many of these issues would not have risen.
We are a transparent company that has been around for 20 years providing great services to our customers through trust and liability. The allegations you make in this review are false and only have a hurtful intent. I have pictures , emails , text messages and documents to back up , picture of the work i provide for you are posted on this site . As for the availability of my licence and credentials, they are visibly posted on Trusted Pros for any browser to find with ease.
Here is the link (https://trustedpros.ca/company/aandr-renovations-inc)
Looking forward to your pictures and documentation .
Regards,
A and R Renovations.

Bruno
Bruno

Bathroom renovation

From the start explained each stage of the work, then would encourage questions to be asked, respects the customer's needs.
Always prompt and ready to work and offers alternatives and solutions, excellent work ethic and trustworthy.
Would not hesitate to recommend his services.

Thank you for your review , hope to see you to the next project .

More about A&R Renovations Inc.

Full Service Renovation Services

Our experienced team of contractors can help you with any building project. From simple renovations to large scale projects, we can help you achieve your renovation goals. Our services include:

Kitchen Renovations
Bathroom Renovations
Basement Renovations
New Construction
Custom Building Projects
Our track record speaks for itself and we would love the opportunity to help you with your next home renovation project.

Why Choose Us?

With over 20 years’ experience in home renovations we firmly believe in having a small crew and completing one project at the time to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied with our work. Choose us because:

We have over 20 years of home renovation experience
We specialize in bathroom, basement and kitchen renovations
We serve our clients with integrity, reliability, skill and professionalism
We complete one project at a time. This means that you are our first priority.
We offer written contracts and a 1 year limited warranty.
100% customer satisfaction guaranteed
Ready to get your residential renovation project started? Call 416-677-9316 to get a project quote today!

Bathroom Renovation, Kitchen Planning & Renovation, and General Contractors
A&R Renovation Inc is an affordable and reliable renovation company that works collaboratively with our clients to help then create their vision at minimum hassle or fuss. Whether working on a deck, a single room, or renovating a whole house or building from scratch, we plan meticulously, provide clear and honest quotes and deliver affordable and reliable services. We have a highly qualified team and work in partnership with dependable and talented sub contractors including electricians, painters, ceramic tile and dry wall installers and plumbers. For complex projects, our core team is further enhanced with support from architects, structural engineers and kitchen and bathroom designers. Improving your home is a major investment and A&R Renovation strives to give you real value for your money .
Full-Service in Home Renovations ,specialized in Kitchen, Bathroom and Basement Renovations We analyze blueprints and building specifications in preparation for renovations and new construction projects. No Matter the size or scope of your project, we can and do handle your concerns! With years of experience in Residential, Commercial, Multi-Family or a Large Scale Government Project we service the complete renovation market.
we work with the costumer and assist them in choosing the materials . From tiles ,toilets , vanity , kitchen cabinets , faucets , shower units , tubs we make sure to get the right product for your money . We can design for you so will be easy to picture your future kitchen , bathroom or any other project .
We are specialized in Home Renovations ,Complete Bathroom , Kitchen and Basement Renovations . Our main goal is your satisfaction . We know that happy costumer will bring more business .
1995
money draft , certified checks , money order or cash
ceck
building renovator
yes.2mil.
WSIB
PROJECT RATE
9000-1000000
We guarantee that all our work meets legal and safety standards, and will exceed your expectations!