Countertops

Cheryl in NOTL
Cheryl in NOTL
4 reviews Niagara On The Lake, ON

Fantastic customer service

I purchased a granite kitchen counter installed in 2013 and have been really happy with it. At the time the company was called Stonehaven Granite Works. Last month I noticed a gap between the seam of the 2 slabs. I called Stonex and they sent someone the following week (yesterday). The service rep stayed for 2 hours and fixed the gap and he also noticed and fixed a tiny chip in another part of the counter. At the end I asked him how much I owed. He called his office and came back to me with "Merry Christmas... no charge!" I was stunned, but he said he found that there was no reason for the gap to have formed (nothing dropped on it or the cabinet hadn't been moved), so they decided that the fault was not mine. Working with Stonehaven before and Stonex now has been a wonderful experience. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the positive feedback Cheryl, we were happy to help you out with your countertop service. We hope you and your family have a fantastic Holiday Season!

Litulvan in Cambridge
Litulvan in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Improper Countertop Installation

We agreed on one thing, I got delivered something else. They did not agree to the mistake they made. I stopped the installation, and sent them away. After couple of days they called me and promised a solution. The solution was just a trick to let them back in the house, it didn’t work. My countertop is wobbling, and the seam is quite visible where they joined the two pieces. Since I got the product, not much I can do now. Oh, and they made sure that they have my money before the installation. Over the whole process I spoke to a dozen employees, and tree different crew come to my house, none of them knew what the other one did or said. I could write pages about how they treat the customer, but I don’t want to bore you. I just simply don’t recommend Stonex to you

Louise in Niagara-on-the-lake
Louise in Niagara-on-the-lake
2 reviews Pelham, ON

Granite for Kitchen counters

This was a excellent company to deal with. We first went to Stoneycreek store and then the Woodstock store as they had more selections at that location. I found both store very helpful. It was bought and installed in less then 2 weeks. The installation went smoothly and we where very happy with the results. ?

Chambl in Oakville
Chambl in Oakville

Poor sense of customer service

Purchased kitchen countertop. Sales contact was pleasant. Included kitchen sink. Upon appointment for final measurements, it turned out the sink was too large. Owner was unwilling to substitute a sink that would fit. Product was delivered and installed on time though. Nonetheless, I highly advise to take your business elsewhere.

Donnybrook Developments Inc.
Donnybrook Developments Inc.
1 review Guelph, ON

Kitchen Renovation

I have used Stonex on my last several projects and have been completely satisfied. They are thorough in their requirements and keep you informed along the entire process. I have dealt with other companies in the area and feel that they were very arrogant, with a take it or leave it attitude. I will use Stonex in the future for sure.

Kitchen renovation plus two bathroom counters

I have never written one of these reviews before. This company has no understanding of customer service, don't deal with them. They 'forgot' the granite for our island as well as the stove bridge (behind the slide in range). Yes we did pay for these & they were included in the plan. They did find and install the island counter top the following week but it took weeks for them to reply with any plan for the bridge and when they finally installed something it did not match. They promised to fix but have not even called - 2 months since installation FYI. No apologies or compensation to us plus we had to chase them for any action we got!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Renovation

STAY AWAY AND SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE ON BETTER CRAFTSMENSHIP!
The showroom was setup nice and had friendly enough staff. Pricing was comparable to others in the area. When we had the granite installed, we found several issues that will never have us recommend or use this company again.
1. The granite had been snapped in half during the installation and epoxied back together by the installers. When we called the company, they first said that granite has "natural cracks" in it. Then they said it must have been cracked by our improper use after installation, but had no explanation for how it mysteriously got glued back together and polished.
2. There were large sections in the granite that had been filled in with epoxy or plastic or something. It was a milky white color that was obviously not the natural granite and definitely not in the slab we selected in the showroom. Same as in point 1, we were told that granite has natural variations and they tried to convince us these obvious sections of filler were granite.
3. The seam they created where 2 sections joined was horrible. The epoxy there had to be cracked apart and the sections realigned.

Initially, these people sound like they know what they're doing, but basically leave your house with a product of vastly inferior quality.

Paul from Waterloo Regional Municipality
Paul from Waterloo Regional Municipality
3 reviews Waterloo, ON

Kitchen and baths counter top

We recently purchased a new home and had Stonex provide the granite kitchen, quartz powder room and ceasare stone ensuite counter top. Excellent sevice in the show room, great delivery of the products, great value. Would purchase from them again and again.

More about Stonex Granite And Quartz

Stonex is a premier fabricator of kitchen counter tops, bathroom vanity tops, jacuzzi and fireplace surrounds, as well as other products for residential and commercial applications. Visit our large showroom with 1,000's of full-size slabs on-site.
With over 60,000 kitchen countertops installed throughout Ontario and over 20 years of experience, Stonex Granite & Quartz Inc. is the leader in manufacturing and installation of natural stone products with the quickest turnaround time.
Come visit one of our 3 showrooms in Woodstock, Cambridge or Stoney Creek!