Metropolitan Movers

Reviews for Metropolitan Movers

Owen in Toronto
Owen in Toronto

Simply the best movers!

My wife and I were moving into our new condo and this was our first time moving. I did some research and found Metropolitan Movers. It had some great reviews, and after speaking with Leon he gave me a price that blew away all competitors. I mentioned to him that on the day of the move I'd like to request we make a pit stop at my parents place to pick up a drawer and a piano. He told me that there would be extra charges for additional stops, but because this was really on the way to the condo he waived the fee. He also told me that to move the piano there would have to be an additional charge of $150 which I was fine with, because I know moving pianos require a very special skill. He told me that for the move we would have 2 people, but he would bring a 3rd person to assist with the piano if required.

On the day of the move the movers showed up a little late which was I perfectly fine with because it was extremely cold, and they had a problem with starting the truck. Leon told me that only 2 people will be coming, and I raised my concerns because I know how difficult it was to move a piano with just 2 people. Leon told me, and I quote "You're getting the 2 best movers in Toronto, they will get it done."

So the movers arrived at my in-laws, Razvan and Alex who were both very professional, and very nice. We had most of our items already boxed placed by the entrance, and they started to load everything into the truck. They brought down a dresser from the second floor which was very heavy imo, but they made it look so easy.

In all it took maybe a little more than 1 hour for them to load everything into the truck, which is when we proceeded to my parents house. When we arrived they loaded the dresser into the truck, and next came the piano. Now let me first say just 2 weeks earlier I had to pay a very reputable piano moving company called Braymores to move the piano here in the first place. It took Braymore 3 men, and they managed stand the piano on it's side, covered it up with blankets, loaded it up in the truck, drove it 2km to my parents place, unloaded the piano in maybe 20 minutes. This is what I expected from Razvan and Alex, just stand up the piano, wrap it with blankets and wheel it out to the truck. This was not the case. Alex who was a piano moving "expert" actually took the time to take apart pieces of the piano and carefully wrapped up each piece. They brought in a special skid and it's sole purpose is to carry a piano. I was really impressed with this, and even though this whole procedure of packing and loading the piano into the truck took about 30 minutes, I had absolutely no problem with them taking their time because they really showed how to care for the piano. Braymore was impressive because they were extremely fast, but I was far more impressed with Razvan and Alex because they really showed how you can take care of a piano by taking it apart to secure it.

So onto the condo, they two of them unloaded and moved everything into our 10th floor unit in maybe 2 hours. In all the entire move took just a little over 4 hours, and I can't state enough how amazing these guys were. I told Razvan how Leon told me I was getting the 2 best movers in Toronto, and he was absolutely right. Razvan laughed and jokingly agreed that Leon was right. I bought Razvan and Alex lunch before the left the premises. After they left the first thing I did was call Leon to tell them how amazing the guys were, and he couldn't be any more accurate when he said Razvan and Alex were the best movers in Toronto. I will recommend them to my family and friend, and will definitely call Leon again if I ever needed his services in the future.

Hello Owen,
Thank you for your detailed and gracious review. we would be happy to serve you in the future.

Christine Ho in Toronto
Christine Ho in Toronto

Personable Moving Company

We have used Metropolitan Movers twice, in long distance moves between cities. Each time they have been extremely professional, prompt, and careful with all of our belongings when wrapping them up for the move. They are also extremely efficient, moving and wrapping everything much more quickly than we expected.

They are great to work with, and Ilia was our lead mover and did an amazing job. We hope to work with Metropolitan Movers again the next time we move!

Hello Christine,
Thank you for your review! we appreciate you taking the time to write it :)

Laura in Toronto
Laura in Toronto

Terrible Service

I hired these guys to move me out of my condo and into a storage unit in July. They showed up on time and everything seemed fine. I told them I would need to move from my storage unit to my house later on in the year. They called me every week to ask if I was ready. Thats fine. Moving day comes, and it was a nightmare. A bunch of my items damaged including 2 dressers and a bookshelf. A custom chandelier that I TOLD them was custom and needed extra care. And lastly and more upsettingly the brand new hardwood floor in my kitchen. Some how it got chipped and a piece of it ripped off, a slim piece about 2 inches long. I don't know if my items got damaged when they moved it to the storage unit or when they moved it into the house, but regardless it was the same company. Ajmal (who left the job site early and wasn't there supervising anything) denied it was them and said they wrap all items. Only 2 items were wrapped, he wasnt there, I was. They also disappeared for lunch and Ajmal tried to make excuses about why I should be paying for their lunch time. They didn't answer the phone to even let me know where they are or anything, I was at my house waiting for 2 hours, the drive should have taken an hour max. He made excuses about the road condition but I also had to drive the same road and it was dry, it took me in a car about 45 minutes or just under that. I feel helpless, I paid $900 to have my stuff ruined.. my brand new floors.

Hello Laura,
kindly give us your order number so we can look into your claim.

Alexis in Saskatoon
Alexis in Saskatoon
1 review Saskatoon, SK

Extraordinary Move

An extraordinary move. Efficient, professional. Every person played a pivotal role in securing a smooth and seamless process. There was no wasting of time. Extremely energetic, and well prepared and equipped for the job. Every piece of furniture was meticulously wrapped and secured. Every box was carefully picked up and placed on the truck. They loaded and unloaded two trucks, and not one item was broken or damaged. The services were also very reasonably priced. We are still talking about their exceptional work. I would recommend to anyone.

Thank you for your kind review , hope to serve you in the future.

John123 in Toronto
John123 in Toronto

OutStanding

I've used this Metropolitan moving company to help my friends to move from one location to another. Their work is very detailed & the staff is well trained. They also are very competitive when it comes to pricing.

Hello John and thank you for your review! we always do our best to make sure our service is top notch.

Marian in Toronto
Marian in Toronto

Moving Job

+ worse experience ever. you'll do a better job moving by yourself than hiring these guys and here's why:
+ Unprofessional movers fighting in front of the customer about getting the job not done, flirting with customer, and failing to complete the job in the estimated time (was told 3.5hrs and it was finished in 9.5 hrs) - and yes I was charged for 9.5hrs
+ TV screen was shattered (see pic below), wardrobe completely destroyed, among other pieces of furniture – damage costing me more than $2000 out of my pocket.
+ Owner who is unwilling to take responsibility for the damages done and is unresponsive to my formal complaint and horrible experience.
+ Wrongly quoted for the job and caused stressed all day with the move and having to rearrange for the use of the elevator, among other things.
+ Made me sign a contract thinking it was a receipt so they can be off the hook from any damages caused - yes I am taking them to court.
+ whatever they tell you, don't believe them. I advise you not to hire them.
+Transaction ID: 4256371, invoice # 116174

Hello Marian, thank you for the information. Metropolitan Movers is always striving to provide customers with the best service possible, we do our very best to address every issue to ease the moving process. After looking into your claim it showed that a significant discount have been applied to your final bill as well as an additional manpower was provided free of charge. It also shows that you have been in contact with the owner manger of your local team and he has been communicating with you both by phone and email. If further clarification needed please don't hesitate to contact our customer service department. Thank you.

Rose Brown in Toronto
Rose Brown in Toronto

Best move

You are the best movers I have engaged so far. There is no doubt about that. You made my move so great. Although we had so many properties to relocate, your team made the process appear easier and less complicated. It was a perfect show that you can be trusted with such services. I do not have any more reason to doubt your prowess

Hello Rose, Thank you for this great review! we appreciate your input.