Moving & Storage

Gail in Markham

Moving Company Quality Issues

416-886-6150
Toronto

Update on November 11th, 2018: Maple Rose has contacted me and we are attempting to resolve the issues of damaged art and fair compensation.

Original Review:
If you are using Maple Rose to move one or two pieces of furniture, they will do a good job. If, however, you need to move an entire home, my recommendation would be to work with a professional firm. I recognize from this move that hiring a smaller business was an error on my part. They did promise quality service and care of my contents during the move, but sadly, there was damage to my Original Works of Art, and working with them to resolve has been complicated. They have no formal infrastructure to answer your phone call and, thus, is difficult to provide quality customer service. They do not own their own vehicles but rent a truck for the move and hire crew based on the needs of the move.

The move cost me double what a professional company charged me three years prior and that move was a much greater distance and from a house to a condo. I give credit, thus the one star, instead of none, to the movers for unloading efficiently. The move out and prepacking was much less efficient.

One word of advice is to check everything for damage even if the Movers have to wait another hour instead of discovering after they have departed. Two wooden frames were dented and chipped, one was completely destroyed, the glass was broken into pieces on two works of art and the canvas torn on an Original oil painting. I have gone to great expense to repair these damages. Chris and Marie have good qualities and I hope they do carry through on their commitment and resolve these issues of damaged art. I have provided the paperwork for the damage of two pieces. I have received reassurances that the Claim went to their insurance company and was approved in late October; still waiting for the refund.

Dan in Toronto
Dan in Toronto

Incredible Service

An awesome experience during a tricky time. The Maple Rose team was incredibly supportive as we moved my Mother, Chris went well above and beyond to ensure it was a stress free day for all. I will continue to recommend Maple Rose Movers to my friends and family. Thanks!!

Briar in Toronto
Briar in Toronto

Moving household to 3 locations

Tough move made easy with a fast and great crew. Dane was especially great, very strong and fast. These guys did it. I didn't think it was possible in the time estimate, but they did! Thanks again to Chris, Marie and the guys. Highly recomended.

Don in London
Don in London

Movers

Referred to Maple Rose by my Real Estate agent. A client of hers had used them and highly recommended them. I was very happy with their service. Haven't moved in 37 years and they made a stressful event very easy. I would highly recommend their service and would definitely use them again.

odordoigne in Scarborough
odordoigne in Scarborough

Service review

What an amazing experience moving was with those guys! And we all know how stressful that can be. Right?! I strongly recommend this company to anyone looking for movers. Competitive pricing, excellent service, fast and efficient...100% bullet proof

Joanne G in Ottawa
Joanne G in Ottawa

Movers

I have used Maple Rose Movers a second time because my first experience was amazing. Both my moves were unstressful and smooth. I thank you for yhe experience and highly recommend your service.

Thanks Marie and Chris

Balmy
Balmy

Impressed

I had a great move with this company. Their movers are very well trained and they work as fast as you can work while staying safe. I really like how they handled the issues that came up during the move and that is probably what sets them apart from a lot of other moving companies.

For example, we had one extremely large and HEAVY armoire that had to be moved up a very narrow staircase with a turn at the end. I'm confident 90% of movers would not even have attempted it and the other 10% would have damaged the furniture and/or the walls but these guys got it done with proper planning and execution.

Melanie Berlin in Mississauga
Melanie Berlin in Mississauga

Stress free move

We moved into our first home a few weeks ago and had the most stress free move ever. This was our second time using this company and I highly recommend them. They were on time, super quick, very careful with all our things and just a pleasure to be around.

Storing of Patio Furniture

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE UNRELIABLE!! They stored our patio furniture for the winter season and we never saw it again! Then the untruths began about what happened to our furniture. It was taken by a gisgruntled employee, then it was taken by the storage facility's manager. Then perhaps it was a conspiracy by the two of them. All the while we received a boat full of excuses and broken promises regarding compensation. Needless to say we never received our furniture or money. These people are not to be trusted, the stories they spun were so outrageous that if it were not true it would be truly laughable. After starting this ordeal in march I have spoken with Chris and Marie almost on a daily basis and they have promised me on many occasions that an email transfer was sent, but of course no monies were forthcoming. STAY AWAY FROM MAPLE ROSE MOVERS!

Dina in Toronto
Dina in Toronto

Just an amazing experience

Everything was smooth, no time was wasted, my furniture was well protected and I had a great experience. Also the price was more than reasonable. I had a great day

More about Maple Rose Movers

We pride ourselves on being one of the few owner-operated moving companies servicing the GTA, Southern Ontario, and across Canada. Established in 2013, we work hard to ensure every client's needs are satisfied. When you book a service with Maple Rose Movers, you’re not just getting untrained labourers and a ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?