Not recommend, some posts were dig 3 ft deep not 3.5 ft as promised, and some were only half filled with cement the rest was soil. A few posts have big crack from top to bottom. My house was 43ft according to builder and my survey, after fence built, only 41.5ft in including the posts. So they did not measure carefully according to the survey i gave them at the beginning. Serge is not upfront guy and will not recommend this company for anyone. Although all his workers are very nice guys.
***UPDATE: since Kwik-Post decived to reply i have something more to add:
- I did ask for a discount because when he came to get the survey from me, i asked him and wanted to talk about a discount since his original price $27/linear ft is higher than a few contractors came by to give quote anyway (same specs, same materials), he clearly told me "Everyone is gonna get a discount", so i thought he wanted to talked after the fences done so he would see what he can do, depend how many houses he does in the neighbors so he can give everyone a little bit discount. But in the end, he wanted the full $27/lnft and told me that is the discount price already. If i knew that, i would not ask for a discount again after or even pick another reputable contractors in the area for less.
- I also indirectly helped Kwik-Post to get more business by convinced one of my next door neighbor to do the fences which later result in a few more of his neighbors join in. But in the end he flat out refused any discount that he promised, which show he is not up front guy.
- I did asked him about paying by cash if he can give a break on tax (fact is, many people ask to pay cash if they can save some money) he said no, i said okie. Then i asked i want to pay with credit card, he said he only take cash or cheque. I did not know this but i gave him a Cheque anyway(not a penny less). And, i want my payment in bank record so he cant hide it from CRA either. The fact is, Serge claims, he is 42 yrs in business ( pretty long) and build 300 houses/year (not so small business) and does not have the ability to accept Credit card payment also make me wonder?
- About the wood cracks, smalls cracks are okie, but upto 1cm (or 0.39 inche) cracks from top to bottom on many posts in the pictures, that is not okie or if that okie for Kwik-post, i have to say i would have to question your quality standard.
- About my property measurements after fence built, you said on your respons: "we found all the survey metal stakes in the correct places according to our measurements", so i gave you the survey, which clearly print my rear property line is 13.10meter (or 42.9790026ft). After fence built it is only 41.5ft including 3 inches from each posts( 6 inches total) that is 42 ft, so where is my 0.97ft went? Either you did not measure at all or i have to question your ability to measure a straight line. I did asked you about this issue and you told me to take it to my builder or hire a survey guy which gonna cost me at least $700. So is that your solution to your mistake?
- If my neighbors were there when you do your works they would not be happy like me.
- Now if you can (as you claim you do quality works), please come back and fill a few holes which has 1 ft of soil on top instead concrete as it should be. You know which holes since you were the one setting the posts, you knew but still decide to leave it done sub standard like that.