Rand Electric

Ajax ON

Best of 2018 winner 3 timesBest of 2018winner 3 times

Reviews for Rand Electric

Dryer outlet repair

Called these guys Tuesday and got and appointment for Thursday of the same week.got a call Wed letting me know they had a cancellation for later on that afternoon. Guy got here had everything he needed.he was in an our in 1h...

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it.

Randy in
Randy in

Electrical outlet.

I originally had Rand Electric give me a quote on rewiring my garage, was quite happy with their quote, and was ready to move on with the project . But other things got in the way and I had to postpone the project. I had one small thing that needed attention and Rand Electric did the job regardless. Richard came to my home and had it all fixed up with in a hour. I will use them for any electrical jobs in the future .

Thank you Andy.

Thank you Randy for your business and taking the time to review Rand Electric. We very much appreciate it and looking forward to working together in the future.

Mike in Ajax
Mike in Ajax

No power to sockets

Had Trevor come out to repair no power problem to wall plug.He called same day and came around same day.what service as we also had no hot water.Trevor was polite and efficient and also added wall switch I needed for basement pull switch lights This company I will recommend to my friends and neighbors as I was fully impressed with prompt and efficient service.in today's world this company needs to be recommended. Thank you Rand will use you in future.

Thank you Mike for your 10 star rating. We greatly appreciate your business and your time for writing this wonderful review.

Regards,

Jennifer Campbell

Diane Muir in Ajax
Diane Muir in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Family Room Reno

A major renovation to my family room was planned which included a new ceiling with pot lights, new built-in cabinets with lighting and the tv moved over the gas fireplace. Also, troubleshooting & repair of an outlet in basement giving shocks.
The Electrician who came to do the work was very knowledgeable and was able to provide some different design and pricing options based on my wants and budget. The work ended up being completed under budget and right on schedule.
Rand Electric's service was excellent. They demonstrated their attention to customer service in all aspects of the project.
I have used them in the past and will definitely continue our business relationship for future projects. I would certainly recommend them for any electrical work.

Thank you for your review Diane, we are always happy to hear about the great service our technicians have provided to our valued customers.

Best regards,

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

New outlets, breakers, and undisclosed charges

I had great service from start to finish. However I would not recommend Rand Electric despite their friendly, timely, and extremely clean & tidy work strictly based on how pricing and billing was handled. I was originally quoted a 4 - 6 hour job. The electrician got everything done within 5 hours including clean-up. I was impressed . . . except for all of the undisclosed charges including permits and material costs that should have been presented before starting any of work. I'm not trying to evade code or permits and appreciate quality materials but what should have been a $600 job (initially discussed) turned into $1,000! Rand's work is excellent and they're experts but they're doing a disservice to their customers by not sharing all of the billing details and permit costs upfront so customers have an idea what they can afford before the work is complete. If the $1,000 charge inc. permits costs and materials, a 5 star review would have been in order.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you found our Electrician to be “friendly, timely and extremely clean and tidy”, and that you were really pleased with the “expert” work we do. However, we would like to apologise for the miscommunication on our part, that our Electrician didn’t provide a price for the materials and permit fees required to carry out the work you needed. We have now made it a company policy, which we discussed at our staff meeting this week with all of our Electricians, to discuss material and permit requirements as well, when asked about how long the work will take, which is the standard question we’re asked. I have left 2 phone messages for you and I hope we can connect to try and rectify this unpleasant experience and leave you feeling better about the situation. All of our services come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and we stand by that.

Thank you for your business and I hope to hear from you.

Andy Mittelstaedt
President
905-683-8299

Vinit in Toronto
Vinit in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Helped with some electrical trouble

Moved into our house last summer. Had a few annoying issues like no power in room if an appliance would run or outlet would be used. Their electrician was professional, knowledgeable and prompt. I had a tight schedule and a possible phantom issue but was all addressed in one visit.
Great team!

Thank you for your review Vinit. We are always happy to hear about the great service our technicians have provided to our valued customers.

Thank you for your continued business with Rand Electric.

jake
jake

Electrical troubleshooting

Tell us about the work. They changed a breaker and gfi switch in the garage

Hi Jake,

Thank you for the great rating and for your business with Rand Electric.

Regards,

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Get a firm Estimate for even small jobs

The short version is the electrician was friendly, gave good info about methods for future jobs and the work he did was fine, BUT the work was much more invasive than planned and took far longer than I'd budgeted for. There was no indication that this would be the case in advance and no mention of the permit fee (which would not have been required with my preferred, less invasive solution).

What I'd originally wanted was a quote for a larger job, and to have a small job done to at least make the minimum charge worthwhile. This job was not critical for me (relocating a light switch fro behind a door) and I wouldn't have had it completed (or at least not in the way done) if the price had been more clear up front.

While I believe the electrician was trying to minimize the damage to the wall, I would have elected to do it in the fastest way possible regardless of damage. As it was I ended up paying a lot more than planned for a job I could have done 80% given the eventual method used with a bit better communication.

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad we were able to connect by phone so I could better understand the issues and I’m happy we were able to come to an understanding and move forward with plans for your next project. We take this type of thing very seriously as we've built our business over 36 years on customer service and treating people honestly and fairly. Thanks again for choosing Rand Electric and we look forward to working together again soon.

Andy Mittelstaedt
President
905-683-8299

Laura in Ottawa
Laura in Ottawa

Great job!

A great job, thanks to John the tech who showed up on time and was very professional. Fixed the problem quickly and effectively.
Would definitely use again. Thanks RAND for a great job!

Thank you Laura for your feedback and for your business with Rand Electric.

We greatly appreciate it!

Best regards,

Brian
Brian

Wiring issue

Replacement of multiple switches over a one hour period. Very good workmanship. I'll be sure to call Rand again when I need help.

Thank you for the wonderful review; it is much appreciated. We will be happy to service you again in the future.

More about Rand Electric

For over 36 years, we've built a reputation in the Durham Region and Greater Toronto Area electrical industry as being honest and committed to customer satisfaction. Today we continue to practice these same values that have helped our company grow over the years. Our technicians are industry leading. They work ...
Looking for Electricians pros in Pickering?