Rand Electric

Reviews for Rand Electric

janice.strong1 in Richmond Hill
janice.strong1 in Richmond Hill

Horrible Experience

There are many concerns with Rand Electric. Most salient: the lack of conscience by Rand's current management with respect to the inconvenience and expense they have caused; that they did not honour the advertising on their website; and, that they did not honour my request for an excellent and experienced representative from their company to do the initial work to avoid the very issues I am now going through. Something has changed in this company. New ownership perhaps?

The true test of a company's integrity is when things go wrong. Many things have gone wrong. The employee from Rand that did the work is "no longer with them". While the living room chandelier was being hung in a new electrical box, no protective covering was put on our leather and cherry furniture leaving a fine drywall dust everywhere. I did all my own cleanup. The representative sent did not have the required batteries for the ceiling fan he installed, so instructed me to go get them. He also asked me if I had a ladder since that would save him going out to the truck to get his. He would rather have me, a senior, get the ladder! Without the required batteries for the ceiling fan remote, he left not knowing if the ceiling fan worked. When we put the batteries that we were instructed to purchase in the remote, the fan and light did not work. Rand sent another representative to fix what was most pressing: the ceiling fan and light in our third floor bedroom that did not work. The fan and light only worked for a brief period of time after the second representative "fixed" it. Unfortunately, not only did the fan not work, but coincidental to their visit to fix what was broken, the ceiling light in the adjacent room, our library, stopped working. We checked the main electrical panel in our basement and there were no issues there. Thinking perhaps the problem was the light itself, we replaced it. This light is a long lasting halogen by Hinkley and does not have a light bulb that is replaceable. If broken, the whole light has to be replaced. The replacement light did not work - something had been done to the wiring on the second visit. We were left with a third floor ceiling fan and light that do not work, a ceiling light in our third floor library that does not work, as well as the results of the first visit that remain ours to fix. Following the first visit by Rand, all of our fire alarms went off within hours of each other. New batteries would not correct the problem. When our Bell dish was taken down, the wires were just cut and tied leaving an unattractive large circle of wires. They were not minimized and sealed off. I questioned this. Rand's representative explained, "This is the best I can do for you". When given the bill, I was shocked by the price. Rand's representative said, "I have people who say, "I am not paying that". We paid twelve hundred dollars and change. When I questioned why the parts portion of the bill was not itemized, I was told that they would call in and get individual prices. We have, not surprisingly, lost complete trust in this company.

At this time, I am left with:

1. Excessive cutouts in my living room ceiling and wall from installing a new electrical box to accommodate our living room chandelier.

2. A ceiling fan and overhead light in our third floor bedroom that do not work, despite working for a brief period of time after the second representative attended to fix the work of the first representative.

3. A third floor ceiling light in our library that coincidental to the second attempt to fix the fan, no longer works.

4. Wires from the Bell dish that was removed that were just cut and tied leaving an unattractive large circle of wires.

My whole experience begs the question: Is a company allowed to market themselves one way, act another, and proceed without conscience? I want my money back! How will I be compensated for the money required to fix their mistakes, the time they have wasted, and the inconvenience?

Automotive Wall Charger

I purchased 2 Aerovironment brand wall chargers for our PHEV in the fall of 2016 from Rand Electric. Rand also installed one of two units at our home in Toronto (the 2nd unit was for our cottage outside of town). The manufacturer of the wall chargers is American and recommended Rand in the Toronto market. Supply and install was fine at the time. The wall charger in Toronto now requires service or replacement (outside of warranty period at this point - so at my cost). I now have emailed and called Rand a total of 6 times over the last week and they don't even have the professional courtesy to respond to my request for service//assistance. Having the car charger unable to be removed from the vehicle for 2 days last week didn't make it very easy getting around town! Be careful - Rand doesn't seem interested in servicing their existing customers or even responding to them.

I can definitely understand your frustration. My sincere apologies I have not responded in a reasonable amount of time; it is definitely not the norm. I will reach out to you today to help get this resolved ASAP.
- David Grant

Private User reviews Port Perry, ON

Generac Installation

I would highly recommend Rand Electronic, they are very professional and their quality is stellar, great communication between client and service provider, I have no complaints about Rand, exceptional work

Thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear you were happy with our services and we hope you keep us in mind for any other electrical work you require. Kind regards, Chelsie

Red in Whitby
Red in Whitby
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Awesome Service

We have had Rand Electric work in our home a few times now. Always on time, very cheerful, and professional. Pricing is very reasonable and each gentleman took the time to explain what he was doing. The office staff very accommodating and friendly. They installed light fixtures the first time, second they installed pot lights and outlets and checked out an issue with our breaker.

Thank you Stephanie, Dave, Shane and Scott for your great customer service skills. Very good company to deal with and I will recommend you to anyone who asks about Electrical work.
Viola D

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate your business and look forward to doing more work for you in the future. Stephanie

Tina Colbourne  in Ajax
Tina Colbourne in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Great Service

We had our old fuse box upgraded to a breaker box. We got a quote for $1700 for everything and that's exactly what the technician charged us. He even looked at and fixed two outlets that were improperly installed at no extra cost. He even showed me and explained why the outlets weren't working, very knowledgable. I have mentioned Rand Electric to some friends and will definitely use them again in the future. We stopped around and other electricians were charging $2,000+

Hi Tina, we appreciate your excellent review and we really appreciate you recommending us to your friends. We look forward to working with you again. Kind regards, Kathy

Small Electrical Fixes throughout House

Amazing service. Price was very reasonable and came in below quote. They showed up exactly when they said they would, did the work quickly and efficiently and explained everything thoroughly. Very happy with the entire experience.

Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you were happy with our services and we hope you keep us in mind for any other electrical work you require. Kind regards, Kathy

Paul and Holly from Long Sault
Paul and Holly from Long Sault
11 reviews Ajax, ON

Two different small electrical fixes (two house calls within the last six months).

Just thought I'd say that Rand Electric fixed two electrical problems for us.

One was a power panel inspection and light outlet replacement.

The other was diagnosing and fixing a problem with a circuit that wasn't working despite the breaker not being thrown.

On both occasions, the service was prompt and courteous and the tech explained everything very clearly. These are the guys to call for electrical service.

Thank you for your very kind words. We're so pleased you were satisfied with everything and we look forward to working with you in the future. Kind regards, Kathy

steve
steve
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Level 2 EV charger & installation

Friendly, courteous and professional technicians who understood my needs and took the time to make sure the job was done to my 100% satisfaction. The technicians arrived on time and work was done in less time than I expected.
Clean up was thorough as well.

Good afternoon Steve and thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to work with great customers like you and we appreciate your business. Kind regards, Kathy

Truth in Toronto
Truth in Toronto

Professional Electrician

Angel cam on time. Explained me what he is doing. Finished the work on time. Suggested future improvements and advised me of which part number is needed for future work.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review Rajesh. Please contact us when you are ready Rand Electric to return. Kind regards, Kathy

steveandnancy
steveandnancy
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Install of EV Charger

Required an EV Charger install and service upgrade from 100 amps to 125 amps. Electrian was friendly and on time. Work was done professionally and all paper requirements were provided.

Thank you for trusting us to do the work at your home. We hope you are enjoying your new electric vehicle. Please reach out to us for anything other electrical work you may require. Kind regards, Kathy

More about Rand Electric

For over 36 years, we've built a reputation in the Durham Region and Greater Toronto Area electrical industry as being honest and committed to customer satisfaction. Today we continue to practice these same values that have helped our company grow over the years. Our technicians are industry leading. They work ...
Looking for Electricians pros in Pickering?