Rand Electric

Reviews for Rand Electric

Truth in Toronto
Truth in Toronto

Professional Electrician

Angel cam on time. Explained me what he is doing. Finished the work on time. Suggested future improvements and advised me of which part number is needed for future work.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review Rajesh. Please contact us when you are ready Rand Electric to return. Kind regards,

steveandnancy
steveandnancy
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Install of EV Charger

Required an EV Charger install and service upgrade from 100 amps to 125 amps. Electrian was friendly and on time. Work was done professionally and all paper requirements were provided.

Thank you for trusting us to do the work at your home. We hope you are enjoying your new electric vehicle. Please reach out to us for anything other electrical work you may require.

1 review Whitby, ON

Flickering lights

After having checked with 2 other electricians and putting in a new electric panel, we were still having trouble with flickering lights. Richard from Rand Electric came in and found that this was caused by our outside connection to Hydro. He contacted Hydro and they put in a new line which solved the problem. Thanks so much to Richard for locating the cause of our problem.
Lauren

Glad we were able to help get the issue resolved for you Lauren. We appreciate your review.

iqster in Toronto
iqster in Toronto

Repair office lighting and other items around the house

Very friendly staff during the booking process. Trevor showed up early despite bad weather and was extremely efficient and professional - explaining the issues and providing helpful information. Office lighting works now, and he was able to put up light fixtures, correct the wiring to one of our outlets -- all within a short time period.

Thank you for your kind words and for your business. We truly appreciate it.
Nicole

Donna
Donna
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Generator service

Very happy with work done on yearly service call.
Very happy with original installation.
Would recommend Rand.

Thank you Donna. We appreciate your business!

Dryer outlet repair

Called these guys Tuesday and got and appointment for Thursday of the same week.got a call Wed letting me know they had a cancellation for later on that afternoon. Guy got here had everything he needed.he was in an our in 1h...

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it.

Randy in
Randy in

Electrical outlet.

I originally had Rand Electric give me a quote on rewiring my garage, was quite happy with their quote, and was ready to move on with the project . But other things got in the way and I had to postpone the project. I had one small thing that needed attention and Rand Electric did the job regardless. Richard came to my home and had it all fixed up with in a hour. I will use them for any electrical jobs in the future .

Thank you Andy.

Thank you Randy for your business and taking the time to review Rand Electric. We very much appreciate it and looking forward to working together in the future.

Mike in Ajax
Mike in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

No power to sockets

Had Trevor come out to repair no power problem to wall plug.He called same day and came around same day.what service as we also had no hot water.Trevor was polite and efficient and also added wall switch I needed for basement pull switch lights This company I will recommend to my friends and neighbors as I was fully impressed with prompt and efficient service.in today's world this company needs to be recommended. Thank you Rand will use you in future.

Thank you Mike for your 10 star rating. We greatly appreciate your business and your time for writing this wonderful review.

Regards,

Jennifer Campbell

Diane Muir in Ajax
Diane Muir in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Family Room Reno

A major renovation to my family room was planned which included a new ceiling with pot lights, new built-in cabinets with lighting and the tv moved over the gas fireplace. Also, troubleshooting & repair of an outlet in basement giving shocks.
The Electrician who came to do the work was very knowledgeable and was able to provide some different design and pricing options based on my wants and budget. The work ended up being completed under budget and right on schedule.
Rand Electric's service was excellent. They demonstrated their attention to customer service in all aspects of the project.
I have used them in the past and will definitely continue our business relationship for future projects. I would certainly recommend them for any electrical work.

Thank you for your review Diane, we are always happy to hear about the great service our technicians have provided to our valued customers.

Best regards,

Jennifer

1 review Pickering, ON

New outlets, breakers, and undisclosed charges

I had great service from start to finish. However I would not recommend Rand Electric despite their friendly, timely, and extremely clean & tidy work strictly based on how pricing and billing was handled. I was originally quoted a 4 - 6 hour job. The electrician got everything done within 5 hours including clean-up. I was impressed . . . except for all of the undisclosed charges including permits and material costs that should have been presented before starting any of work. I'm not trying to evade code or permits and appreciate quality materials but what should have been a $600 job (initially discussed) turned into $1,000! Rand's work is excellent and they're experts but they're doing a disservice to their customers by not sharing all of the billing details and permit costs upfront so customers have an idea what they can afford before the work is complete. If the $1,000 charge inc. permits costs and materials, a 5 star review would have been in order.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you found our Electrician to be “friendly, timely and extremely clean and tidy”, and that you were really pleased with the “expert” work we do. However, we would like to apologise for the miscommunication on our part, that our Electrician didn’t provide a price for the materials and permit fees required to carry out the work you needed. We have now made it a company policy, which we discussed at our staff meeting this week with all of our Electricians, to discuss material and permit requirements as well, when asked about how long the work will take, which is the standard question we’re asked. I have left 2 phone messages for you and I hope we can connect to try and rectify this unpleasant experience and leave you feeling better about the situation. All of our services come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and we stand by that.

Thank you for your business and I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Andy Mittelstaedt
President
905-683-8299

More about Rand Electric

For over 36 years, we've built a reputation in the Durham Region and Greater Toronto Area electrical industry as being honest and committed to customer satisfaction. Today we continue to practice these same values that have helped our company grow over the years.
Our technicians are industry leading. They work carefully and efficiently, and treat your home or place of business with respect, while ensuring the job gets done right. Our technicians are clean, uniformed, courteous, and even wear shoe covers to help preserve your floors. At Rand Electric we value your time. This means that we will schedule your service within a small time window, and will call when we are on our way. This way you don't have to wait around all day wondering when someone will show up, leaving you to carry on with your busy life.
When you contact Rand Electric for any of your electrical needs, we'll send a technician to your home or business who will diagnose your situation, explain your options in simple, easy-to-understand terms, and wait for your approval before beginning the work. This way you have the knowledge to make an informed decision.
Our service vans carry thousands of parts! Because of our fully stocked service vehicles, over 90% of our services can be delivered on the spot, saving you time and money.
Services Offered: