Don’t use these guys unless you know EXACTLY what you need in your home.
The BAD - what I’ve found out since they left and I’ve had to use another firm to review the work done:
• Installed an undersized condenser
o My home is old with poor insulation (like most Toronto homes)
o Multiple conversations with other HVAC companies have confirmed this
• Questionable customer service after the unit was installed
o Once we agreed that Thermal comfort installed an undersized unit I was told the price to go up .5 tons was incredibly high (several thousand) when the difference in price in the units is ~$200 (confirmed with other reputable firms)
o Also was “upsold” on installing a much more efficient unit after the fact– no clue why it was required, and it wasn’t explained, especially when the original unit installed was on the cheaper side and wasn’t that efficient.
• “Questionable” 1-year warranty: My outdoor condenser was significantly undercharged – by 1.5 POUNDS only two weeks after they left
o Said that they would charge me for a service call if it was working correctly (it wasn’t) and I just didn’t trust them at that point after the conversation around upsizing my unit
o The sauntering work done on my lines was poor and might be causing a leak (TBD)
• Vague contract – doesn’t specify what condenser will be installed, size etc.
• Very reasonable initial price – the most competitive I received (I guess you get what you pay for)
• Responsive for the most part
Overall: I have my fair share of blame on not asking more questions around the contract and the specifics of what would be installed, but it was very hot and I needed an immediate solution and trusted the company I hired to size appropriately and stand by their work. I wouldn’t recommend working with this company if you don’t know much about HVAC and just need your house cooled down and require guidance on the best solution instead of constant upselling.