Thermal Comfort Heating And Ac

Reviews for Thermal Comfort Heating And Ac

Igor in Toronto
Igor in Toronto

Intalling a Spacepak Unit and Condensor

Don’t use these guys unless you know EXACTLY what you need in your home.
The BAD - what I’ve found out since they left and I’ve had to use another firm to review the work done:
• Installed an undersized condenser
o My home is old with poor insulation (like most Toronto homes)
o Multiple conversations with other HVAC companies have confirmed this

• Questionable customer service after the unit was installed
o Once we agreed that Thermal comfort installed an undersized unit I was told the price to go up .5 tons was incredibly high (several thousand) when the difference in price in the units is ~$200 (confirmed with other reputable firms)
o Also was “upsold” on installing a much more efficient unit after the fact– no clue why it was required, and it wasn’t explained, especially when the original unit installed was on the cheaper side and wasn’t that efficient.
• “Questionable” 1-year warranty: My outdoor condenser was significantly undercharged – by 1.5 POUNDS only two weeks after they left
o Said that they would charge me for a service call if it was working correctly (it wasn’t) and I just didn’t trust them at that point after the conversation around upsizing my unit
o The sauntering work done on my lines was poor and might be causing a leak (TBD)
• Vague contract – doesn’t specify what condenser will be installed, size etc.

The good
• Very reasonable initial price – the most competitive I received (I guess you get what you pay for)
• Responsive for the most part

Overall: I have my fair share of blame on not asking more questions around the contract and the specifics of what would be installed, but it was very hot and I needed an immediate solution and trusted the company I hired to size appropriately and stand by their work. I wouldn’t recommend working with this company if you don’t know much about HVAC and just need your house cooled down and require guidance on the best solution instead of constant upselling.

SA in Toronto, Ontario
SA in Toronto, Ontario

Furnace and AC

Approximately three years ago, Ragin was one of three people that we consulted with before deciding to replace the furnace and AC unit in our home. He was patient and clearly explained what factors we needed to consider when choosing the units. He walked us through the entire process and explained exactly what materials would be used and why. He adjusted and calibrated the system to work optimally, spending a fair bit of time up and down between the thermostat and in the furnace. His workmanship is top notch. It is clear that he made a special effort to ensure that the system was put together properly. He even guided us through the process to ensure that we received all of the rebates/energy grants that were available to us, even for work that other contractors had completed in our home. Our furnace had a minor hiccup about a year ago and after a quick call, he came right out to assess the situation and help us get our heat back asap. We would recommend his services for anyone looking to have work done to their HVAC systems.

Brian from Markham
Brian from Markham

Air conditioner install

One of the reasons I contacted Ragin for a Tempstar AC estimate was because his website was fully transparent about the estimated cost of a typical install. He arrived on time for an onsite estimate and was the only contractor who considered the size of the duct work when recommending the size of the AC unit. Ragin arrived a few days later for the installation and took me through the process of the install step by step. He also answered any questions I had including what was being done and how to maintain the equipment. The quality of his work is exceptional and I am extremely happy with the results.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Etobicoke?