The Garden Girls

Reviews for The Garden Girls

pwatt
pwatt

Garden maintenance

The Garden Girls were very busy this spring and were not taking on any more projects. They had provided excellent garden maintenance at my brother’s house in Port Credit in the past and I told them that he had recently died.
They said in that case, they would be glad to help out.
Thank you Garden Girls. Above and beyond.

I remember the call from Mike. He was in the hospital and was worried about his gardens. He did not let on that he would not be coming back out of the hospital. He sent me photos of his garden and how he liked it and explained every area in detail by email and text. Sadly I didn't get to meet him. The next email we got was he had passed away and if we could help continue with the gardens until family could arrange the sale of the house. It is now sold. We kept things neat and tidy and each visit the neighbours gave us a thumbs up every time they saw one of our teams. We were happy to help when we were in the area. Happy to help in sad times. May the new owners appreciate how much he loved those gardens.

Irene in Oakville
Irene in Oakville

Vacation watering

As a collector of hosta, heuchera and Japanese maples, all in containers, preparing to go on vacation during the growing season was always a stressful time for me. When my collection grew to 200+ containers, relying on family, friends or neighbours to keep my plants watered became impractical. So I was very pleased to find that the Garden Girls offered vacation watering of containers; and my last two vacations have been worry-free; and I have returned to find my plants thriving. Thank you, Darla and the Garden Girls!

Thank you Irene for taking the time to write us a review about our vacation watering service. We like to see customers planters, containers and gardens do well even when they are on vacation. Nothing like peace of mind things are being taken care of!
Darla

pineoakhome
pineoakhome

garden maintenance

The garden girls has attended our home several times to provide garden clean up and maintenance. They are wonderful "garden angels" who are knowledgeable, professional, and provide great work.

Thank you AG. We love being garden angels! We love getting little notes too when we get a little overwhelmed with the events of the season like this lovely year of the weed 2018 is turning out to be!

Morgan in Toronto
Morgan in Toronto

Garden Maintenance and Planting

I highly recommend The Garden Girls Garden Service.
They went above and beyond to ensure that my garden was looking beautiful and ready for summer.
All the planting was done perfectly and they provided great insight and ideas.
I will definitely use them for any future work.

Hi Morgan we love your space! It is an oasis in our town! The new items make your yard look complete and beautiful! So happy that we could help execute the additions Janine recommended, with a few tweaks by us! Happy Summer!

MFlint
MFlint

Garden Revamp

Originally I worked with Janine Bleecker, a Landscape Designer from Rooted Landscape Design Inc., who created the planting plan for our backyard.
Janine referred me, along with my garden plan, to Darla @ The Garden Girls to have the actual work done in our yard. We had recently put in a new deck and fixed up the outside of our garage but the back garden itself was in much need of a make-over.
The Garden girls came out to our home in late April to look over the yard and get a feel of what would need to be done. In between then and the date of the work, we consulted several times via email to decide on the final plants needed to suit our yard and the desire to have a low maintenance result.

Last Saturday, Darla and her team showed up and got to work digging out the new gardens, ripping out unwanted shrubbery, etc. and preparing to dig holes for the new shrubs and plants. Despite a somewhat soggy weather conditions, they worked endlessly and had it complete by the end of the day. They were great in dealing with a few surprises, such as tree roots in the way of the dig for the new bushes. Darla suggested moving a few things around to make the final product look more balanced and provide greater symmetry. They offered us with much-appreciated advice about caring for the plants moving forward She really knows her stuff--what does well where, etc.

At the end of the day, they cleaned up their mess, hosed and swept down our walkway and left us with a very lovely garden to admire for many years to come. Very nice people who care about what they do. I would definitely recommend them.

Thank you Margaret for taking the time to write us a review. I was so happy we could refer you to Janine for the design, and that we got to make the garden something you will like to spend time in over the summer and fall. It is certainly a simplified version, neat and tidy and covers the whole seasons. We look forward to seeing some pictures towards the fall. Don't forget to water!
Darla

Kevin Mahoney
Kevin Mahoney
1 review Milton, ON

Work done on properties

I would like to thank Darla and the garden girls for being a company I can refer clients to. I know for a fact that I have spoken to a number of happy clients who Darla has serviced and the feed back is always positive. The details and thought they put into each property goes a long way after you see the work they do.

We as a company refer our clients because we feel comfortable and know from personal experience that they will do a great job!

Thanks

Thanks Kevin for taking the time to write us a review. Our approach is simple. Have great Gardeners and match them to Great Customers and you have a recipe for success. We love to see the gardens we tend grow and bloom and flourish all in different locations with different challenges. We hope to be in your garden again soon if you need the help!

Oakville Kitchen & Bath Centre in Oakville
Oakville Kitchen & Bath Centre in Oakville

Outdoor Planters

Darla and the Garden Girls have been doing our outdoor planters for a few years. As designers, we are very particular about the look of our showroom. The Garden Girls never disappoint. They change them out every season and the planters are always gorgeous. We would highly recommend Darla and her team.

Thank you Oakville Kitchen & Bath Centre for taking the time to write us a review about our planted arrangement in exterior planters. We have to always make the planters look hopefully as great as your kitchen's and bathroom's in your showroom!

tbirnie
tbirnie

Landscape design and planting

They are very helpful and creative
Very resourceful and mindful of any mess so they clean everything up

Thanks Tim for taking the time to write a review. We did your commercial gardens, then taking care of and supplying new interior office planters, exterior huge planter, as well as arrangements for your planters at your home. We like to think we only leave behind the beautiful planter and clean up our mess especially after getting to the roof! I am very thankful for elevators:) See you in the Spring!

Jo in Mississauga
Jo in Mississauga

Yard maintenance

If you love your garden and enjoy working in your garden but don’t have the time to get to all the jobs that need to be done, then the Garden Girls are your best friends. Darla and the girls are my sanity savers when it comes to spring and fall cleanup. They are fast, efficient and very meticulous. What a treat to come home after work and find that all your plant/flower beds are cleaned up and ready for the upcoming season. They are reasonably priced and worth every penny. We have used them for the last 4 or 5 years and have never been dissapointed. Excellent service overall and highly recommended by this picky gardener.

Thanks Jo for the lovely review. I think it is great you shared about being a picky gardener. All properties are different and all homeowners are different. The gardens can be like our children, and we love helping taking care of gardens and helping them grow and keeping them neat and tidy so you can come home and enjoy them without worries! Cheers to that glass of wine and looking out the window now! Can't wait till Spring already!

DS2009 Etobicoke
DS2009 Etobicoke

Gardening services

Darla and her team have been my go to for garden services over the last 5 years.

They have provided full garden design and landscaping services for me, as well as regular garden bed clean up, spring and fall services.

I fully recommend them for all landscaping, garden design and maintenance help!

Dinesh

Thanks Dinesh for taking a few moments to write this lovely review. I was so glad you had us help on your new home and rental property. What a lovely spot tucked in the forest. We look forward to helping you make these gardens fuller and more colourful!

More about The Garden Girls

The Garden Girls! We are your Gardening Helpers. Visit our website to see what we love to do! www.thegardengirls.ca The Garden Girls are a group of talented ladies who love to Garden. Each Gardener brings their own individual insight and talent to our gardening team. We are entrepreneurs, moms, career professionals and retirees who love working together as a team to bring enjoyment back to your garden. We love to maintain your Oakville, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Burlington, Milton and Georgetown gardens. We love weeding, trimming shrubs, planting, splitting perennials,. We can provide regular maintenance, vacation maintenance, real estate open house clean ups, new home consultations! We can offer a schedule that can meet your lifestyle needs and your garden needs. The Garden Girls offer weekly, biweekly, monthly or seasonal garden maintenance based on your budget.