Reviews for Millwall Roofing Ltd

Don in Vancouver
Don in Vancouver
1 review , NT

Millwall Roofing reshingle

I recently had my roof reshingled by Millwall Roofing. Along with being very knowledgeable and professional, they efficiently kept to the schedule and budget as originally discussed. I have recommended them to others who thanked me for the great experience they had as well.

Thank you, Don for taking the time to write this review. A big visual improvment with the Malarkey Midnight Black shingles, black gutters and new chimney counter flashing. The ridge venting will make a noticeable difference, keeping your home cool during the hot summer months. From all of us at Millwall Roofing, we appreciate your business. -Darrell Macdonald, owner of Millwall Roofing.

Ben in North Vancouver
Ben in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Roofing Review

We just had our roof re-shingled by Millwall Roofing. Darryl, the owner, did a great job throughout the entire process. He provided us with an estimate on the same day he inspected our old roof. He answered our questions about the estimate in a timely manner. He and his crew completed the job quickly and professionally and at a very competitive price. This experience was so much better than the first time we had our roof re shingled!

Thank you, Ben. Yes, the hardest part of your job was the tight parking. With your help, we were able to get the power sorted and room for the bin. The Malarkey Storm Grey shingles look great. We do appreciate your business. -Darrell Macdonald, owner of Millwall Roofing.

Bruce Levens in Vancouver
Bruce Levens in Vancouver

Dunbar Roof

I highly recommend Millwall Roofing. This small but highly efficient company completely replaced the somewhat complex roof on my two story house, on time and on budget. The cleanup and protection of the property was expertly carried out and I would have no hesitation in recommending Millwall Roofing to friends and neighbours.

Thanh you, Bruce. We got two more jobs on your street. All credit to the hard working crew who knew we had to improve our final clean up standard. The guys put in some long hours and their quality of work was excellent. We appreciate your referrals. -Darrell Macdonald Owner of Millwall Roofing.

Wayne A. in North Vancouver
Wayne A. in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

New roof

I needed a new roof and obtained several estimates. Darrell Macdonald, of Millwall Roofing, was the first to respond to my request for a quote. When I met Darrell, it was clear that he was very knowledgeable and experienced in residential roofing. He seemed honest and reliable. Darrell made sensible recommendations and provided a fair quote. Although Millwall's was not the cheapest estimate I received, I decided to contract with the company for my roofing job, as I was impressed with Darrell and the online reviews of his company's work. The re-roofing work began more or less on schedule. The work crew was friendly, professional and hard-working. Hot weather slowed completion of the work by a few hours, but the roofers stayed late and did what they had to do to finish the job. The new roof looks great and should last for many years. Overall, I was very pleased with the work done, and enjoyed working with Darrell. One criticism, mentioned by other reviewers, is that the work crew did a poor job of final cleanup - I found a couple of dozen nails and lots of discarded roofing materials around my yard and driveway - so expect to have to do some cleanup yourself, after everyone goes home. I will say, though, that Darrell is very responsive to client concerns or complaints, addresses them promptly and appropriately, and genuinely wants his clients to be happy and satisfied. I had a very positive experience with Millwall Roofing and I would not hesitate to recommend this company to my friends and family.

Hi Wayne, thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I have worked on implementing a system, a final checklist to ensure the final cleanup is up to standards. We have purchased an additional magnet rake to go over the lawns and pick up any stray nails. Our team did a great job, working in the heat and the final product looks good. We appreciate your future referrals. -Darrell Macdonald.

Steven in Vancouver
Steven in Vancouver
1 review , ON

Roof Replacement

Great job!
August 7 & 8 are the hottest days of this year. It's over 32 degree! I appreciate their quick work under this harsh sunlight.
I'll recommend them to everybody!

Thank you, Steven. No shade for cover on that roof. The crew did a great job, spotless clean up. Thank you for the referrals. -Darrell Macdonald Owner of Millwall Roofing.

Frank in
Frank in
1 review , BC

Green Roof in Vancouver

... as our 108 yr old home was in need of a new roof, Darrell and his team were the right choice for us! With Darrel's assessment and advice of what was required, we enjoyed having his trades efficiently remove the crow-pecked tiles , repair and replace what was needed and set our home anew with an Emerald Green Top. Thank you Darrell :)

Thank you, Frank. it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. The green shingles are a great fit to your home, a classic look. I was impressed how the crew worked quickly and cleaned up well. -Darrell Macdonald Owner of Millwall Roofing.

Valerie 604
Valerie 604
1 review , BC

Roof Replacement

We got three quotes to replace our roof. We chose Millwall because:
1. The price was competitive;
2. Darrell wasn’t into selling us on the extras; and
3. Darrell was responsive and detailed in answering our questions.

In terms of their work, they were prompt in getting started and wrapped up the job within three days. Our neighbour commented that their team was very friendly. The only reason we would give 4 vs. 5 stars was the site cleanup. While the majority of the debris was removed, we did find a few nails on our back deck, front lawn and the street. While not a big deal, we would’ve expected none to be found. Overall, it was a pleasure working with Darrell. We would not hesitate to recommend Millwall for your roof replacement needs.

Thank you for the honest assessment, Valerie. I will show your feedback to my crews and let them know how important spending an extra fifteen minutes on cleanup is. We are pleased that you are satisfied, overall with the job. The workmanship is excellent and now you have a worry free roof. -Darrell Macdonald.

Graeme in Vancouver
Graeme in Vancouver

Roof replacement

I got five quotes and met five company reps. Millwall was competitive - not the lowest quote. Darrell was informed, straightforward, and helpful in explaining his assessment of the job. I am pleased I chose Milwall. They agreed to fit the job into one of two tight time-windows I had available, and completed on time. They were responsive, neat, and did an all-round excellent job. In my view they used quality products, provided high-quality workmanship, and delivered a superior job. I recommended them, almost immediately, to three friends looking for roof-work, and continue to endorse Milwall as an excellent choice for major roofing jobs..

Thank you, Graeme. Yes, it was quite a challenge with all of the plants and shrubs close by. I was happy with the workmanship and the cleanup was the standard I want on every job. We did manage to get hired by two families on your street. Storm Grey shingles look excellent with the paint. -Darrell Macdonald.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Roof Repair

I had a small leak in my roof and Darrell came out within 2 days of me calling him, on a long weekend!

He found the problem quickly and repaired it along with several additional soon-to-be problems. He photographed everything and explained to me what was going wrong and how he would fix it, then showed me photos of the work he had done.

He also cleaned out my gutters, re-secured my downspouts, and made sure to pick up any stray nails that had fallen.

Really pleasant, hard-working guy. I'll definitely be calling him when I need to re-roof.

Thank you for your review. Yes, one loose shingle can cause a lot of problems. Make sure to call me in three or four years for a roof replacement. I'm happy to come by in a year or two to update the condition for you. From all of us at Millwall Roofing, we appreciate your business. -Darrell Macdonald.

Alex in Vancouver
Alex in Vancouver

Asphalt shingle roofing replacement

I'm a general contractor, not a roofing one. I understand that some repairs must be done right at the very beginning. Roof replacement is one of the repairs. Some roofing companies are too big and some are too expensive to me. Millwall roofing is my final decision. I can't say that it's the best in the market, it's the roofing company for me. Their price is reasonable and their work is excellent. Are they perfect? No, I found lots of old shingle pieces and nails in my gutter. I'm OK as I can easily do it myself. My most concern is my roofing work for the next 10, 20 years. They're experts!
Alex

thank you, Alex. We still have some improvement on the final clean up. I must find new methods for a debris free gutter. We appreciate your business. Darrell Macdonald Owner of Millwall Roofing.

More about Millwall Roofing Ltd

Millwall Roofing is a fully insured Roofing company.Our roofers are ticketed journeymen with a wealth of experience. For our residential and commercial customers we offer free roof inspections and advise if you requie a repair or re-roof. Millwall also installs new seamless gutters. Check out our website at: www.millwallroofing.com