Vancity Electric

Reviews for Vancity Electric

David M in Vancouver
David M in Vancouver

Straiton Joint Venture

We have used Van City in the past and they have been a solid trade for us. When we have an issue it is solved, quickly and efficiently. We expect them to be working with us through out this project. DM

David, thanks for using us for your electrical services! We appreciate the review. Cheers.

Pip in Vancouver
Pip in Vancouver
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

Multiple projects - always the best result

I've used Cory and his amazing team multiple times now. Having used various other companies in the past, I can say that I'm blown away by the professional character, expert handy-work, and reliability/efficiency of the way they operate. Pricing is very competitive also. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

Pip you rock. Love working for you guys. Keep em coming!!

Service Upgrade and Swim Spa

I recently hired Vancity Electric to upgrade the electrical service to my home and connect a large swim spa. I highly recommend vancity electric, without any reservation, and I intend to use them again in the future.
Vancity Electric showed up when they said they would, a rare thing nowadays, their entire team was professional and courteous, they performed quality work on time and within the budget, they even saved me $750, and cleaned up afterwards.
They were always willing to talk and answer all questions, explain their work and were able to be flexible and creative as the job threw some difficulties. We had problems and delays with both the city and hydro, and they stood right beside me through it all, when others would have abandoned the job, and advocated on my behalf to both parties.
I can not say enough good things about Vancity Electric.

Thanks a lot for the review K. Really appreciate it. Once we start a job we'll stick it out to the end! I think I proved it on this one haha. Hydro and the city gave us a great test! Thank you for the work and I'm sure I'll see you in the future. Cheers.

Huckleberry Landscape Design in
Huckleberry Landscape Design in

Outdoor Lighting and heating Install

I was looking for an electrician to install some outdoor heaters and get some outdoor outlets for lighting done for a client. A supplier gave me Vancity Electric's contact info. Gave Cory a call and he came out very quickly to go over the site.
The work was scheduled and the crew arrived on the correct day and on time. They did the work quickly and efficiently and even checked out another outlet that was not in the original work order (don't tell Cory :))
The client was very satisfied with the work and love their outdoor heaters and lights. I would recommend Vancity Electrical to anyone.

Hi !

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working for you and anyone looking for a landscaper check out Huckleberry Landscape design, great company !

In-Ah
In-Ah
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Our go to for all electrical work

We have had several jobs done by these guys. From relocating and expanding internet and network, renewing landscape lights, repairing kitchen lights and figuring out electricals in our house, Cory's team is reliable and respectful, always a pleasure to work with!

Hi In-Ah,

Just wanted to thank you for the review! You are an absolute pleasure to work with and I wish all clients were like you guys.

I'm sure we'll do more work in the future and look forward to it.

SC
SC
1 review Delta, BC

Invoicing issues

I used Corey when he had his own company and he was really thorough & enthusiastic. Recently he sent a journeyman electrician who I have to admit was great. He performed all the tasks I asked of him and even recommended some small jobs that I agreed to as well.

I didn't get a bill for the longest time because they were sending it to the wrong email I'm assuming. Eventually I was sent the bill it was very vague in regards to items used(no real description). I was even billed for a bathroom fan when I provided my own heater fan for install.

I understand its hard to calculate all the supplies used. But I feel as a consumer I should at least have a good understanding of what I'm paying for so there is nothing to call into question.

This was my experience and I won't be going with Vancity in the future.

Hi there,

First of all, it would be nice if people would use their real names in the review. My real information is listed why not yours? I would love to give you a call and discuss this job but I can't find it in my invoices. It's hard to search a fake name. I do vaguely remember this job though.

So it looks like you were happy with me and my journeyman. Nice !

Sorry I had your wrong email address, happens sometimes.

We have an open book policy in regards to invoicing. That means you get to see what I see. Ask anytime! You were doing a bathroom renovation so we brought a fan with us to install as usual. You happened to have your own fan and I wasn't made aware. When you got your invoice you asked me about it and I deleted it without question. Anyone who has worked with us knows I'm incredibly easy going with this kind of stuff.

I feel a 4/10 is pretty harsh for this complaint and I hope people see that when they read this. I would ask that you change your rating to something higher than you gave us. I feel that is fair.

Thanks for the work and I hope you all the best !

Cory
Vancity

lesley C.
lesley C.
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Installing a 40-AMP breaker and specialty outlet

Aaron was really great - so prompt, polite, friendly, skilled, tidy, and hardworking - and I will highly recommend Vancity Electric to anyone I know who is in need of an electrician. I have unrealistically high expectations where customer service is concerned, yet you and Aaron have met them. The job was done so quickly, largely due to your excellent communication: because you'd sent Aaron the photos I'd e-mailed you of our electrical panel, he was able to pick up the correct part from Home Depot on the way here. You'd asked me for other details about my house so there were no nasty surprises for anyone, and I love that you replied to my e-mails promptly and that both times I called you answered the phone yourself. Fantastic! I have often been disappointed by tradespeople, but that was definitely not my experience today. Now I'll be able to order our new washer/dryer with confidence.

Lesley shhhhh your setting the bar too high ! haha Just joking. Thanks a lot for such a nice review. It was a pleasure to work with you on your project. I don't think your expectations are high you would just like regular common sense customer service which a lot of companies have trouble delivering.

1 review West Vancouver, BC

Master Bathroom

Corey confirmed a weekday start time at 8:00am. At 8:00 am Aaron and his apprentice arrived with a smile and ready to go. They were professional,organized,courteous and worked hard all day. They left the job at the end of the day exactly as discussed and everything cleaned up and swept clean. A 100% thumbs up!!!

Thank you so much for the kind review !

1 review Langley, BC

Kitchen reno

I am very satisfied with the prompt professional service provided by Vancity Electric and would have no hesitation in recommending them to friends and family. As a matter of fact, I already have.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review. We really appreciate it !

More about Vancity Electric

Vancity Electric is a company trying to do things a little differently!

We are knowledgeable and passionate about what we do, we are extremely reliable, and we approach business in a completely open and approachable manner. We have an open book billing policy. That means you see what I see. We also do online Visa, MasterCard, & American Express payments as we understand the need for convenience.

I would like to change the stigma that often surrounds the trades, by building relationships based on trust and hard work with my clients.

Check out our profile on HomeStars, look at our facebook page (w.b electric) or go to our website www.vancityelectric.ca and get to know us a little better.

Contact us anytime!

Thanks,

Cory Byron

Electricians
click on products on our website and you can see prices and specs on just about anything I install. *We have a new website and this feature is temporarily disabled. Give me a call and I can give you a price on most product right over the phone. *
We do a mix of commercial and residential electrical. We do cover all electrical services and even do Tel, Internet, cable and home audio too!
Fresh!
Our specialties would be the attitude towards the client. There are lots of companies that can do electrical work but there are some very simple things being forgotten in our industry like showing up on time, cleaning up at the end of the day or calling people back. We are also very into the latest tech and products. There are some very new products on the market that can really enhance a job or save the client some money in a pinch. It helps when your electrician knows about these products. Aside from these we also like doing tel, cable, internet, home audio. Most "older" companies don't like to touch that stuff leaving you finding another trade to hire.
Everything we install and the work we do is fully warranted NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash & Cheque
Fully licensed in all greater Vancouver/ Lower Mainland locations
Home stars, B.C safety authority.
B.C.I.T fully certified and trained
185.00
PROJECT RATE
65/hour
Everything we install and the work we do is fully warranted NO QUESTIONS ASKED.