Prestige Garage Door Services

Reviews for Prestige Garage Door Services

Anthony Barkas from Toronto
Anthony Barkas from Toronto

GARAGE DOOR REPAIR

We had a problem with our garage door. It would not open. We called the Prestige Garage Door Services. They responded fast but their service, quality of work and ethics were the worst.
No doubt we have had the worst repair of a Garage Door from Prestige Garage Door Services.
They have opened our garage door that was due to a worn out cable, as it was determine by them, but after their repairs, the door does not close properly now. They only replaced two cables and the bill skyrocketed from @85.00 to $335.00
They have left us with four major problems now that we have to have repaired by someone else at additional cost.
To our numerous requests they flatly refuse to correct the problems they left behind.
On their invoice the proudly wrote NO WARRANTY for their job. In addition they refused to give us the discount for seniors they advertise in the yellow pages.
The technician was not adequately trained, and was very aggressive, abrasive. I am a senior, I refused to pay the bill until the job was done right. However I paid the bill because I was threatened by the technician. We would not recommend Prestige Garage Door Services to anyone.
Good luck to those who chose to use PRESTIGE DOORS for their garage repair work.

Patrick from Caledon
Patrick from Caledon
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Garage Door Repair

Be very careful! The cable broke on our standard garage door. Prestige Garage Doors' online quote (in writing) was $95 for site visit including labour. Parts would be $48-$78. By the time Prestige arrived, the site visit was now $155 and they tried to charge me $98 for the cable set. Then I foolishly fell for the "your garage door drums are worn" and they will cost you $150 (I could have ordered two 4" drums online and had them delivered for $49). After they left, and after asking to keep my used parts, I compared the old to the new: the difference was minimal at best and a local technician told me I was taken advantage of. The Prestige Garage Door technician tried to up-sell me on EVERYTHING - even telling me that if I didn't change my rollers the door could fall on me or my kids. I should have known better. Stay away from Presitge Garage Doors.

roy from Pickering
roy from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

prestige garage doors

Stay far away from this company Prestige garage doors.
I wish I have read these reviews prior to calling them in.

I called and spoke to a man y the name of alli which quated me $75 + parts.

The technician came in and he was the same guy is spoke with on the phone.
Had a broken spring that needed to be changed on a singe car carrage wooden door.

He saidn that it would have to be a special spring and that they rarely make springs for wooden doors anymore but he does have one in his truck.
He told me it would be around $200

I gulped at the cost but he already had the bar taken apart and the broken spring off.

so he installed and and before I could notice he installed 2 new drums that hold the cable, he said tht they need to be changed as well.
He than tried to convince me that I need to change the cable which would cost me another $120 and the rollers which would cost me another $180
I told hi NO THANKS.

I told him that I am not going to spent more money , at that price I may as well buy a new garage door.

He finished the job , punched a hole in the dry wall in the garage withe the steel bar and I got a bill for $570
my jaw dropped
and he had the nerve to try and still try to sell me the cable and the rollers.

There was nothing wrong with the existing cable. The existing rollers were metal and he was trying to sell me nylon ones that were not as noisy but I did not want them.

His charges were as follows:
service call$75

stay away

patel from Mississauga
patel from Mississauga

garage door opener

Love my new garage door opener. Shopped around for the best price and found it at prestige garage doors. Great product and warranty. They offer a wide variety of models and took the time to tell me about them so i can choose the best opener for my garage door. Very informative website and excellent customer service. Highly recommend this company.

J smith from Scarborough
J smith from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Spring replacement

Hired this company to replace my broken spring. They came within a few hours as promised and did a fantastic job. Tech was very polite and knowledgeable. Price was reasonable and job is fully guaranteed. Certainly had the best garage door repair experience with prestige garage door services.

Joe from Oakville
Joe from Oakville

Garage Door Repair - Torsion Spring

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

I wish I read reviews before I called this company. When I called them they quoted me $75 for service and no more than $149 for parts. When he arrived he increased the price when I said I didnt want him to do the work he wanted $75 just for coming to my house. I proceeded with the work. Total bill was $352. When the other repairmen called they quoted $120. Costly mistake for using this company. Never again!

Peter  from Ajax
Peter from Ajax
4 reviews Ajax, ON

Garage Door Repair

Found this company in the Durham Yellow Pages. We usually use this website to do research on companies before we call them for our house but this time we didn't and we're paying for it. We would have never called them had we seen the poor rating on here. (Red Flag) The tension on the spring needed to be adjusted as our door was not closing properly. Technician came out one morning after cancelling a booked appointment last minute the night before. (Red Flag) Adjusted the tension & was gone in under 30mins. 4 days later the door comes off the track while in use and the there is all of a sudden NO tension on this spring and the cables all come off. Over 24 hours after initially making them aware of this, they have still not sent someone out. Our door was jammed at an odd angle with the door half open and it's -10 outside. I really can't believe that after multiple phone calls today THEY STILL HAVE NOT SENT SOMEONE OUT. They are now trying to up-sell me to buy a new spring for $400??? I've been in this house for 3 years and I was the original owner. The door has NEVER fallen off the track. Don't waste your time with this company. There are plenty of other well reviewed companies on this website that you can call.

Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Scarborough?